Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If Eriksson gets 6x6 (probably not though), how does Okposo not get that? The cap is going down thanks to CAD and the UFA market keeps going up. It's dumb. The expansion better drive up the salary cap.

i meant that if you're going to spend that much money, at least spend it on a player that is better fit for what roykic are trying to build.

i'm pretty sure okposo gets more dough. i'm also confident he has more prime years left though i think there's a good chance he's going to fall off faster.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
i meant that if you're going to spend that much money, at least spend it on a player that is better fit for what roykic are trying to build.

i'm pretty sure okposo gets more dough. i'm also confident he has more prime years left though i think there's a good chance he's going to fall off faster.

I see. Yeah, I agree with you on that.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
This just keeps getting better (or weirder...whatever)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 2m2 minutes ago
Lightning announce Drouin has been suspended without pay for not showing up to the AHL game tonight

Can't see how this doesn't impact Drouin's value in the eyes of some other GM's out there...but then again, I don't know any GM's that I can ask.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Well then. Not a good look at all.

Woah... That's a hell of a move by Drouin IMO.

Hey STEVEY! Why haven't you traded me yet!?

I also think that pretty much kills any chance we had of trading for him IMO. That is a hell of a difference between asking for a trade and not showing up to a game.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
One of the analysts said it best on Twitter, this is the nuclear option. What did Tampa do to him to cause this because I cannot thing of any other player that has done this before.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I also think that pretty much kills any chance we had of trading for him IMO. That is a hell of a difference between asking for a trade and not showing up to a game.

If it was someone else, I'd agree. Roy knows him though so maybe they wouldn't cross him off their list as quickly.

However, we probably don't have much of a chance of getting him to begin with.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If it was someone else, I'd agree. Roy knows him though so maybe they wouldn't cross him off their list as quickly.

However, we probably don't have much of a chance of getting him to begin with.

Maybe MacK told him to force his value down because we couldn't afford to trade for him at this point lol. :sarcasm:

Why is he hanging out with the scratches if hes suspended for not showing up to the game? Weird

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow Y is going to get screwed in value here or he's not going to move him at all.

I can't imagine getting suspended without pay, while apparently being with the other scratches at Ricoh (wherever that is, Friedman is saying that's where he's at--with the other scratches) is going to sit well with him. This isn't going to end well for TB, in my opinion. If they don't trade him, it appears (as of right now) that they'll have a publicly disgruntled player, that loses value on an almost daily basis.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This just keeps getting better (or weirder...whatever)

Can't see how this doesn't impact Drouin's value in the eyes of some other GM's out there...but then again, I don't know any GM's that I can ask.

Had feeling this might come up. Good luck to Yzerman getting anything at this point.

Drouin for a 3rd and Guenin.:D

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Guess they say he's there now. Bet the story will be he's just late but still, people will assume it was intentional. When Drouin spoke last weekend he said "let's see what happens in next couple days" like he expected something to happen.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Drouin does look childish, but at the same time, he did request a trade like two months ago. Yzerman just sat on it, so I don't feel bad for him too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad