Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Friedman says Tampa wants a young cost controlled player for Drouin. Apparently they can't bring money in. He said that's why you're hearing Fabbri's name out there in those discussions.

Man, I'm gonna be pissed if the Blues get him with Fabbri being the main piece going the other way.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Friedman says Tampa wants a young cost controlled player for Drouin. Apparently they can't bring money in. He said that's why you're hearing Fabbri's name out there in those discussions.

Man, I'm gonna be pissed if the Blues get him with Fabbri being the main piece going the other way.

Why? Fabbri by all accounts is looking like a pretty good future top 9 guy maybe even better. Plus im pretty sure it wont just be one sole youngster by himself going the other way unless someone has another top 3 draft pick just chillin on the sidelides

But in any event i feel like the most important thing I took from that was "a young player with a contract they can control" meaning it doesnt matter what position.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why? Fabbri by all accounts is looking like a pretty good future top 9 guy maybe even better. Plus im pretty sure it wont just be one sole youngster by himself going the other way unless someone has another top 3 draft pick just chillin on the sidelides

But in any event i feel like the most important thing I took from that was "a young player with a contract they can control" meaning it doesnt matter what position.

I think Drouin is a better player and prospect than Fabbri. He has shown that at every level too.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What do people think of Wiercioch?

Avs seem to be sniffing around him all the time.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
What do people think of Wiercioch?

Avs seem to be sniffing around him all the time.
He's a favorite of all the stat folks. Depends on the price, but I'd take a chance because he can move the puck. He's similar to Gormley, but has more offensive ability. Same issues in the defensive zone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Were they rumored to have talked recently?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Garrioch is not Friedman or Bob.

Last week McKenzie said he'd be shocked if the Preds didn't talk to the Avs about Duchene.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Last week McKenzie said he'd be shocked if the Preds didn't talk to the Avs about Duchene.

Like TV said, it would probably be nothing but a brief call followed by a click. Duchene is worth Weber, and considering age, I'm not even sure about that.

*runs away*

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a favorite of all the stat folks. Depends on the price, but I'd take a chance because he can move the puck. He's similar to Gormley, but has more offensive ability. Same issues in the defensive zone.

Agreed here, though he's stronger than gormley and so not quite as liable to get pushed around. Though with Holden's strong play he seems like he'd become pretty redundant pretty quickly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I'm pretty sure these Duchene-Johansen and Duchene-Jones conversations went down when all those trade rumors started a couple months ago. Both sides testing the waters, and since then Dutchy has got back to the level he's capable of. So there was zero interest from the Avs when the Preds and Jackets were actually ready to consummate the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad