Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He wasn't on his ELC either. But by saying this I guess you'd be cool if MacKinnon requested a trade

So, a player has to let his elc to gain such rights? Obviously no one would be happy if Mack request a trade (29 other teams would) but it's definitely within his rights.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Drouin does look childish, but at the same time, he did request a trade like two months ago. Yzerman just sat on it, so I don't feel bad for him too much.
Not really. Keith Jones made a good point in terms of Lighting made the Stanley Cup playoffs Game 6 using Drouin like 3% of that. Yzerman if he truly wants to can send him home for the whole season and wait until the draft to trade him. It depends on what they get back, because maybe they would want to trade him to help their team more for the playoffs.

He has all the leverage, there's no chance it back fires. He's dragged the organization's name though the mud and Yzerman let it happen, that won't sit well with everyone else in the organization, they'll also rightly or wrongly bring up tampa's former/current golden boys Stamkos/MSL. He'll either trade him or risk his job over teaching this "kid" a lesson.
:laugh: He has ZERO leverage, that's hilarious if you think he has any. He's getting zero money in his bank account and getting zero medical insurance except if he goes back home to Canada where you have to wait 6 hours for a doctor. And no he did not drag the organizations name through mud, players will sign for them because its a good organization and zero income tax in Florida. You're trying too hard here to think Drouin is this golden child, but he's making himself look more like he's got character issues. He has done absolutely nothing to to deserve anything, even Bob Murray was commenting how ******** it is to see an ELC player demand a trade. :laugh: I also doubt this will either make him lose value or make Yzerman trade him as fast as he can. Screams like a completely Allen Walsh move coming straight from an utter *********.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Mack was mistreated and misused as badly as Drouin has been I'd expect Mack to want out. Mack did something similar in the Q already.

You're so reaching here. As badly as what? Not playing him with Stamkos when he isn't NHL ready? But hey Namestnikov paid his dues and had patience and has 10 points in the last 6 with 25 points in 46 games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You're so reaching here. As badly as what? Not playing him with Stamkos when he isn't NHL ready? But hey Namestnikov paid his dues and had patience and has 10 points in the last 6 with 25 points in 46 games.

There are reasons why the fan base has generally been on Drouin's side. I don't really feel like writing a page long post explaining it though. (I've talked about how Drouins has been treated and used while he was with Tampa a bit already)

Some of you guys have not watched the games and followed the situation closely enough to be making the kinds of statements that are being made to be honest.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Mack was mistreated and misused as badly as Drouin has been I'd expect Mack to want out. Mack did something similar in the Q already.

It's pretty common. Landy and Duchene chose where they wanted to go. At least Baie-Comeau got full value for MacKinnon including the pick that they used on Meloche, to become contenders and make the conference finals. At least they hadn't played for the team yet. I guess NHL draft picks could pull it too, maybe they don't want to go to small markets or where they can't make the NHL lineup right away.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:laugh: He has ZERO leverage, that's hilarious if you think he has any. He's getting zero money in his bank account and getting zero medical insurance except if he goes back home to Canada where you have to wait 6 hours for a doctor. And no he did not drag the organizations name through mud, players will sign for them because its a good organization and zero income tax in Florida. You're trying too hard here to think Drouin is this golden child, but he's making himself look more like he's got character issues. He has done absolutely nothing to to deserve anything, even Bob Murray was commenting how ******** it is to see an ELC player demand a trade. :laugh: I also doubt this will either make him lose value or make Yzerman trade him as fast as he can. Screams like a completely Allen Walsh move coming straight from an utter *********.

Who has the leverage? Certainly not the guy with bosses who already drove out a star player and in the process driving another one out. He did drag their name through the mud, this looks super bad on Tampa and of course people will still sign with them, just look at how the flyers or rags no matter what they do players will sign with them. $$ talks but people are already talking what is going on in Tampa to make all these guys disgruntled?

He probably is already being perceived as that, this will change nothing either people are on his side or not.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Would hope the Avs are at least in on the Drouin talks.

Take the basics of the O'Reilly trade and get Drouin back in return....removing Zads and inserting Siemens.

Avs:
Drouin

Lightning:
Grigorenko
Compher
Avs 2nd Round Pick 2016
Siemens

Would you do that trade? Would Tampa?

Consider it in the perspective of O'Reilly, McGinn, and Siemens for Drouin and Zadorov.

Clearly, would rather have Drouin than Grigs. Siemens is somewhat of a surplus behind Zadorov and Bigras. Compher is shaping up to be a solid depth player -- but if he makes it -- his impact will be a few years down the road, but the star impact that Drouin might have would be worth the risk, and a 2nd round pick is not anything certain.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Alot of people seem judgemental of Drouin because they don't like the idea of prospects doing this, especially prospects of our own. The bottom line is Drouin is doing what he thinks is best for his career. Placing judgements on him when you don't have the story is silly. This old school NHL attitude has to go. Management and coaches have to give feedback and let talented players make mistakes, and rather than punish work with the player to correct. Players, especially players with Drouins talent need to play with instincts and can't play that way if they are in constant fear of being scratched if they make a mistake or even demoted.

Drouin while not producing at an elite level has been decent in the NHL. He believes he needs to be given opportunity and challenged. I guess we'll see if he's up to the challenge onces he's traded but as a person who has followed his career since his Moosehead days I have very little doubt in his ability.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There are reasons why the fan base has generally been on Drouin's side. I don't really feel like writing a page long post explaining it though. (I've talked about how Drouins has been treated and used while he was with Tampa a bit already)

Some of you guys have not watched the games and followed the situation closely enough to be making the kinds of statements that are being made to be honest.

I felt bad through him all through the last year but I can't pretend that I wouldn't be outraged if it happened to us. Sure it's fun to grab the popcorn and hope the debacle benefits us but I can't help but think it could easily be our nightmare.

If Tampa feel his value has bottomed out they don't have to do anything and can hold him. Of he never plays again I'm not sure his ELC even runs out. If they want to be vindictive they can.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Would hope the Avs are at least in on the Drouin talks.

Take the basics of the O'Reilly trade and get Drouin back in return....removing Zads and inserting Siemens.

Avs:
Drouin

Lightning:
Grigorenko
Compher
Avs 2nd Round Pick 2016
Siemens

Would you do that trade? Would Tampa?

Consider it in the perspective of O'Reilly, McGinn, and Siemens for Drouin and Zadorov.

Clearly, would rather have Drouin than Grigs. Siemens is somewhat of a surplus behind Zadorov and Bigras. Compher is shaping up to be a solid depth player -- but if he makes it -- his impact will be a few years down the road, but the star impact that Drouin might have would be worth the risk, and a 2nd round pick is not anything certain.

TB won't take a jumbled mess of spare parts like that, and I also believe trading so many semi-quality pieces could be a bad idea

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Who has the leverage? Certainly not the guy with bosses who already drove out a star player and in the process driving another one out. He did drag their name through the mud, this looks super bad on Tampa and of course people will still sign with them, just look at how the flyers or rags no matter what they do players will sign with them. $$ talks but people are already talking what is going on in Tampa to make all these guys disgruntled?

He probably is already being perceived as that, this will change nothing either people are on his side or not.

As long as Tampa makes deep playoff runs there won't be any pressure on Yzerman. His team is winning and making sweet playoff appearance dollars for the owners.

It will be losing Stamkos that will put Yzerman on the hot seat. Stamkos can actually get fans in the seats and sell merchandise. Drouin is a nobody and they are winning without him.

If this looks bad on Tampa you would agree the ROR situation looked bad on the Avs? Yet iginla and beauchemin and sodaberg still came here.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I felt bad through him all through the last year but I can't pretend that I wouldn't be outraged if it happened to us. Sure it's fun to grab the popcorn and hope the debacle benefits us but I can't help but think it could easily be our nightmare.

Eh, I think Roy is one of the best coaches in dealing with young talent. It seems like Roy knows how to deal with this new generation. I don't know what has happened in Tampa though, this situation has just gone crazy. Even the players in Edmonton haven't asked out yet and their team sucks.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Calling me ignorant because you think I don't know the situation is a really fragile argument. Personally I consider 99.8% of the world as idiots so I could careless if majority of "fanbases" are on Drouin's side. :laugh: I'm not saying that Yzerman/Cooper get any benefit of doubt, they made a player request a trade. That speaks for itself, but you're going to sit there and honestly tell me that Drouin deserved to play in the NHL after he was draft, deserved to play 82 games last year, deserves to play 82 games this year as well, deserves to get first line minutes, and deserves to get a letter as well?

He was under developed physically the first year which is why they sent him back to juniors. Wasn't NHL ready last year, but still played 70 effin NHL games. And played 19 games this year before publicly announcing that he has asked for a trade. And he only has 3 points in 7 games in the AHL, so it's not like he's heating up like Rantanen down there either. As I said, he hasn't done anything to deserve to get anything.

Come on man, its common sense. The median salary for Petroleum Engineering is 130,280 US Dollars based on studies from 2012. Do you think after finishing your degree for petroleum engineering with absolutely zero experience, but a great GPA you deserve to start at 130K? No ****in' way, you start at 70 to 80,000 and work your way up to 130,000 when you get enough experience. Drouin is basing all his nonsense from his 3rd overall position and how he deserves to have certain accommodations. This is how people become spoiled and childish.

Alot of people seem judgemental of Drouin because they don't like the idea of prospects doing this, especially prospects of our own. The bottom line is Drouin is doing what he thinks is best for his career. Placing judgements on him when you don't have the story is silly. This old school NHL attitude has to go. Management and coaches have to give feedback and let talented players make mistakes, and rather than punish work with the player to correct. Players, especially players with Drouins talent need to play with instincts and can't play that way if they are in constant fear of being scratched if they make a mistake or even demoted.

Drouin while not producing at an elite level has been decent in the NHL. He believes he needs to be given opportunity and challenged. I guess we'll see if he's up to the challenge onces he's traded but as a person who has followed his career since his Moosehead days I have very little doubt in his ability.
You're looking at it in too much of Drouin's mindset. I agree he has the right to do whatever he thinks to help his career, but there is difference between having patience and asking for a trade and Drouin who's coming off as a spoiled brat. Again I bring up Namestnikov as a great example, he was sent down to the AHL, called up to NHL, and scratched as a good talented prospect. But he didn't ***** about it, he took it as experienced lessons learned, and now he's playing on the first line (I believe) with Stamkos. If there was one player who I personally think needs to ask for a trade, it would be Alexander Khokhlachyov from the Bruins. Yes there rumours of him being unsettled, but nothing publicly of him asking for a trade yet.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Drouin is willingly following along with what his agent is advising, but I'll also say that Walsh does not seem to be giving the kid good advice right now.

Just like with us and O'Reilly, I think it's on both parties, how much to either side is likely something you never find out however.

I do know that I was on Drouin's side completely up until now, not really a fan of this move but I'm holding my judgement.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

SPOT ON

As long as Tampa makes deep playoff runs there won't be any pressure on Yzerman. His team is winning and making sweet playoff appearance dollars for the owners.

It will be losing Stamkos that will put Yzerman on the hot seat. Stamkos can actually get fans in the seats and sell merchandise. Drouin is a nobody and they are winning without him.

If this looks bad on Tampa you would agree the ROR situation looked bad on the Avs? Yet iginla and beauchemin and sodaberg still came here.

They're at risk of not making the playoffs...

If you continued and read my entire post I answer this question. Also, I did say the ROR thing looked bad on our part.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Yzerman's first instinct is probably "**** that guy" but I think once that's over, he realizes he has to move the guy. Massive distraction at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad