Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
lol foh real
like so far
1. 2nd for Berra
2. Trading Stastny?
3. Duchene's psyche
4. Stuart
5. Trading Hejda?
6. Duchene vs. ROR

i know im missing something

I guess if Duchene's psyche is in there, can't we put in the entire thread dedicated to complaining about Landeskog?

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The real problem is that most of us spend too much time in here, there is simply not enough "current subject" to talk about.

Without the constant recycling this board would be dead, especially in off days, like today.

But we can go with:

Bodnarchuk claimed?
Gormley demoted?
Guenin is coming back? When? Why?
How is Grigorenko seating while Tanguay plays?
Trade Iginla? Sure, but how?
How much should we pay Barrie?
How much should we pay MacKinnon?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Roy and Sakic were rookies in management and got schooled by a veteran GM in Brian Burke with the Berra deal. I think they learned from it and if they were in the same situation today they probably wouldn't do that again. I hope.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
The real problem is that most of us spend too much time in here, there is simply not enough "current subject" to talk about.

Without the constant recycling this board would be dead, especially in off days, like today.

But we can go with:

Bodnarchuk claimed?
Gormley demoted?
Guenin is coming back? When? Why?
How is Grigorenko seating while Tanguay plays?
Trade Iginla? Sure, but how?
How much should we pay Barrie?
How much should we pay MacKinnon?

Those are good, but too fresh. My list has that nice old milk feel to it. :naughty:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Y'all forgot the biggest one. Fire Roy.

Cobra brings up a good new question. Maybe we don't need this extra defenseman that's been rumored about forever since our internal options are actually decent.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There is about a dozen things I could add to that list. But a lot of it are trending topics now so I'd take too much heat for it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Y'all forgot the biggest one. Fire Roy.

Cobra brings up a good new question. Maybe we don't need this extra defenseman that's been rumored about forever since our internal options are actually decent.

Yeah I don't want anything added next year that's going to take playing time away from either one of them personally.

Our wing depth is far more of an issue at the NHL level with what these two kids have shown.

I just wonder if they'll wait until the off-season to address it, or if they will try to make some sort of long term move during this season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Maybe we don't need this extra defenseman that's been rumored about forever since our internal options are actually decent.

I'm now assuming that Siemens will never make it. Do we have anyone else in the minors with NHL potential outside of Zadorov and Bigras?

If not, those 2 along with Barrie are the only 3 dmen under 25 in the org...we'll need more.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm now assuming that Siemens will never make it. Do we have anyone else in the minors with NHL potential outside of Zadorov and Bigras?

If not, those 2 along with Barrie are the only 3 dmen under 25 in the org...we'll need more.

If we are talking prospects, that's not true. If we are talking prospects that can play in the NHL right now probably although Siemens can, if we are talking bodies in case of injury there's still Noreau, Gormley, etc. So no I don't really get the need for acquiring more defenseman.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Meloche, I think. But he's not going to be ready to make his NHL debut for a few years. And Gormley may still manage to come together, he's a work in progress. As for Siemens, he may have a bottom pair future, but not in this org. It would be good for everybody to trade him and let him get a fresh start.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So does anyone else think that with the young Defense showing what they are now, maybe we end up going after a top 9 winger by the trade deadline?

I guess it would depend on if Mikko gets playing time in the NHL before then and sticks, but who knows.

Right now our biggest weakness is LW, and that is not going to be solved next year unless it's through free-agency or Radulov.

Yep. I bet that if we stay in a playoff spot til the deadline (especially if we can pull closer to the Wild than the Preds) we'll end up making a move with our 1st & non-Rantanen/Zadorov/Bigras-pieces for someone like Rychel; hopefully with their 2nd coming back as well. Some youngin who can slot into our top 9 already and has a future on this team in the top 6 mix, would make a lot of sense if we could find one at that price.

Wouldn't stop of us from pursuing a UFA on the wing, but would give us cover in case we strike out; and also give us a long term option, should we find a short term solution...like if Radulov wants a contract for only 3 seasons, or we can sign Eriksson/Ladd/Looch without going over 3 years.

We have Meloche and Wood who legit top 4 talent; as well Geertsen and Mironov (as third pairing guys).

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Drouin update:

McKenzie says there's around a dozen teams interested but no one has any clue what's really going to happen. There's a sense it could get done within the next 24-72 hours or drag on for a while.

Thanks for clearing things up, Bob.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That part kinda makes sense to me, like Yzerman has his offers and if he's satisfied with one of them he'll pull the trigger soon, if not then it will be a while unless someone ups theirs or he feels more pressure to move Drouin.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Drouin update:

McKenzie says there's around a dozen teams interested but no one has any clue what's really going to happen. There's a sense it could get done within the next 24-72 hours or drag on for a while.

Thanks for clearing things up, Bob.

So basically he'll be traded sometime between now and the draft. Things are really clear now. :laugh:

Honestly while I'm excited about him, and would love him on the Avs, I just don't see him worth that much right now. I only say that because he really hasn't accomplished much yet. Turns a proper comparison?

I'm just not following that closely. Seems to be an endless cycle. I'd hate to see the Avs overpay for someone who hasn't stuck in the NHL yet after going top 3 in that draft. I think he'll be an NHL'er but seems as if the jury is still out on what the actual impact will be.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I want to contribute too

#11 & 12 or whatever
- Greg Sherman is a puppet
- Avs have the worst media coverage magnified by the East coast bias. (This one is actually pretty true, but comes up far too often still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad