Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
His agent confirms he's refusing to play.

That makes more sense, and is actually smart by the kid. You don't want to get injured before you can be traded. He also asked for a trade months ago.

That is at least less of a character hit, seeing as he talked to management first.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
"A trade involving Drouin was moving closer to completion."

Oooo I wonder who it was. And do they still want him? Probably.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
While everybody hates him more and more I'm just praying his value dips and dips. Roy has a history of dealing quite well with kids with attitude problems. I in no way support Drouin's tactics but man I want him here.

Also TMV is spot on. Yzerman was put in a rough spot but he didn't make it any easier on himself. 2 months is a long time.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
2 months isn't that long of a time when you moving a high end asset. They said it took 3 weeks to set up the John Scott trade.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
While everybody hates him more and more I'm just praying his value dips and dips. Roy has a history of dealing quite well with kids with attitude problems. I in no way support Drouin's tactics but man I want him here.

Also TMV is spot on. Yzerman was put in a rough spot but he didn't make it any easier on himself. 2 months is a long time.

I'm looking at it selfishly so that's how I feel about it as well. Really hope the Avs get him and if he costs less now, even better.

As for the two months thing, he can still be professional. Just look at Hamonic, who asked for a trade in the summer and actually has some legit reasons for it.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Is Yzerman known as a pain in the ass to play for? This is the second high profile player who has requested a trade during his tenure.

Is it just coincidence?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not the same level of stupid. Drouin hasn't proved anything in the NHL yet, he's still on an ELC.

Dont matter a gm will take the gamble. This is the only move Drouin had and he played the balls on this kid.:handclap:

His agent confirms he's refusing to play.

SWEET!

It just shows how bad Drouin wants to GTFO. Either they're relationship has been complete crap or he hates the AHL that much.

Reading the statement, I think who ever wrote it needs a pay raise. It actually sounds reasonable:laugh:

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
i would trade druin to the worst team in the nhl regardless of the offer just to piss him off. i guess that why im not a gm

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
i would trade druin to the worst team in the nhl regardless of the offer just to piss him off. i guess that why im not a gm

Honestly, and this is why I think it's a dumb move by Drouin, Yzerman doesn't have to move Drouin unless he wants to. His team is in a good position for the post-season and their minor league system is in decent shape. Yzerman can just hold Drouin until he's a UFA.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If his value dips you guys don't think 29 other teams can put together a package of crap?

It's not a good idea to congratulate kids for doing this. You want another nightmare? What if Zadorov pulled this after we sent him to the AHL?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If his value dips you guys don't think 29 other teams can put together a package of crap?

It's not a good idea to congratulate kids for doing this. You want another nightmare? What if Zadorov pulled this after we sent him to the AHL?

I believe wholeheartedly the big difference there is communication IMO. That's one of Roy's best assets as to why he can handle players who are a bit more enigmatic. It shows them respect, and I don't believe all organizations and coaches treat the players, especially young players that way.

Edit : I'm not advocating congratulations by any means, but I'm not going to make any sort of judgment on the kids character.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I wouldn't mind still offering up something like Siemens, Hishon, 3rd or something...which still wouldn't get anything done most likely but I wouldn't be willing to sell the farm for him now with this behavior. Roy has shown he doesn't mind sending kids down if they need to develop more like he did with Z and Rantanen, so Drouin could be a disaster waiting to happen.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I believe wholeheartedly the big difference there is communication IMO. That's one of Roy's best assets as to why he can handle players who are a bit more enigmatic. It shows them respect, and I don't believe all organizations and coaches treat the players, especially young players that way.

Edit : I'm not advocating congratulations by any means, but I'm not going to make any sort of judgment on the kids character.

He wasn't good enough to change ROR's mind. Now more kids will think about doing this.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wow. Tampa was more than clear it wasn't conditioning though.

Maybe, they told Drouin and co something different and that's why he agreed to go down there?

Honestly, and this is why I think it's a dumb move by Drouin, Yzerman doesn't have to move Drouin unless he wants to. His team is in a good position for the post-season and their minor league system is in decent shape. Yzerman can just hold Drouin until he's a UFA.

Not ever going to happen. You don't waste year, draft that high and then piss it away(well moreso) This is the real world, with real people, Yzerman has bosses, people he reports to. He's getting traded by the end of the week.

Treat your players fairly and this wouldn't happen. If grigs had the audacity to pull this kinda move maybe his career would've been better for it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He wasn't good enough to change ROR's mind. Now more kids will think about doing this.

We should wait and see how this plays out first. He's doing this while having zero leverage so there's a chance it backfires.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We should wait and see how this plays out first. He's doing this while having zero leverage so there's a chance it backfires.

He has all the leverage, there's no chance it back fires. He's dragged the organization's name though the mud and Yzerman let it happen, that won't sit well with everyone else in the organization, they'll also rightly or wrongly bring up tampa's former/current golden boys Stamkos/MSL. He'll either trade him or risk his job over teaching this "kid" a lesson.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
After both MSL and now Drouin, it makes me wonder whether its coincidence or if Tampa has some really bad player management going on behind closed doors. When it comes to companies, usually its employees (players in this case) are pretty bound to what they can talk about by NDAs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Wow. What a spoiled brat.

I really hope we don't give up much for that guy.

He has not done anything in the NHL and is pulling this stint?

Does not bode well for the future of this league IMO.

Just imagine if he gets traded to the Avs and gets the Grigo treatment after a few weaker games...

I wouldn't enjoy the 3 pages Walsh would post on Twitter about it...

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Yzerman saw all his team success after talented but me first players like Primeau were shown the door. Those wings teams won with talent but also with everyone buying into the put the team first concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad