Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
For a player like Subban, those don't seem like huge pluses to me, but who knows. Duchene+Bigras crossed my mind as well. I wonder if the Avs would try and move another contract for similar cap space. 9 million in, 9 million out.

I'd love to see an EJ-Subban pairing.

#10 is pretty big piece by itself... rumors are Anaheim may add to Fowler to get #8. There is a lot of value to that pick. Same with Duchene + Bigras or Compher or Meloche (who Montreal is very high on).

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Sakic wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least ask about Subban.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
#10 is pretty big piece by itself... rumors are Anaheim may add to Fowler to get #8. There is a lot of value to that pick. Same with Duchene + Bigras or Compher or Meloche (who Montreal is very high on).

Sorry, I thought you had the 10 in the not give up pile. Yes, Duchene/Barrie+10 would be right on the brink of how far I would dog to get Subban. Possibly another "good" prospect the organization may have soured on.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Didn't Sakic say they had a deal for a young defenseman that fell through? Combine that with the rumor that Duchene was on the block last season. Maybe the deal is around Duchene and Subban?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How about Duchene + Barrie + Gelinas for Subban + Galchenyuk. We probably still need to add a lot to that

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
If you don't NEED to trade Duchene to get PK then you don't, but you probably do need him to get PK from Montreal.

Rumor is the ask from Edmonton is Draisaitl + 4th OA but it's tough to extrapolate these things to what a deal from the Avs would look like.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Subban became an Av, I'd expect Barrie to be gone by the end of that same day.

How about Duchene + Barrie + Gelinas for Subban + Galchenyuk. We probably still need to add a lot to that

I'm not sure you need to add a lot if you sub Gelinas for somebody else. Duchene and Barrie have more value than Galchy, Subban has more value than Duchene and Barrie.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
What about a blockbuster!

TO Avs

PK Subban
Max Pacioretty

To Canadiens

Barrie
Landeskog
JT Compher
10 Overall
1st 2017

*Note I suck at trade proposals

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd love to have PK on this team but I'm also scared about the return.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I just don't see anything that we offer which Edmonton wouldn't be willing to beat. They need him more and probably have more abundance to trade. But then again they could have had Seth Jones for RNH and didn't pull the trigger so maybe they won't make the big move.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont like the idea of acquiring Subban at all, dislike him as a player so much...

But, since it actually seems like maybe a bit more then just a little rumor, Ill bite on the idea.

Can it be done with moving Duchene? Barrie + #10 + Zadorov/Bigras?

Or if it has to involve Duchene then what else? Duchene + #Zadorov?

I dont like the idea at all, I think Subban is grossly overrated. Theres a reason he was left off of Team Canada.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
So i guess it's safe to assume Varly and Pickard will be back. It doesn't make much sense to trade Berra otherwise.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I think it would be either duchene + 10 + depth guy for subban or a huge duchene Barrie 10 for galy and subban. That's a core shake up for sure, and the salaries are pretty close specially after galy bridge deal is up. And then sign radulov and trade gelinas for Yak and run mother Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad