Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If they're willing to spend up to the cap.

I think indications are strong that they will. Sakic mentioning the cap as a potential issue, and clearing the overage for Berra. I think they know what they are doing with the space.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Benning apparently just said the Canucks are in on Subban...he also said it's not close, but what in the hell are Montreal thinking? Does their management really not like Subban?

If it was me. I would be finding Subban a really strong defensive partner. But I would imagine Therrien hates him. There would be lots of coaches that wouldn't want their team to spend 9 million dollars on him.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I guess this confirms that Varly/Picks are going nowhere.
Not necessarily.. What if it is to make room for a goalie coming back in a Varly trade such as CAL in order to give Picks a better backup? We'll see.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think indications are strong that they will. Sakic mentioning the cap as a potential issue, and clearing the overage for Berra. I think they know what they are doing with the space.

That's scary as hell since that's a fair bit of cap space and they aren't planning on making any free agent splashes. Of course it could be for Radulov but if they are planning on getting the the cap by making trades this is going to be one different looking hockey team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Manages expectations or intentionally vague is one thing. Purposely misinforming a potential player like Radulov or Barrie is another.

I really doubt that Sakic outright lies to players... Sakic (and Roy for that matter) say a lot of things to the media that don't mean a damn thing. It has happened many times over the past 3 years.

That's scary as hell since that's a fair bit of cap space and they aren't planning on making any free agent splashes. Of course it could be for Radulov but if they are planning on getting the the cap by making trades this is going to be one different looking hockey team.

Scary or exciting depending how you look at it. I think there is a good chance it is for Radulov and are willing to wait past July 1st for him to decide on everything... could be why they are already setting the expectation that they won't be doing much on July 1st.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm worried about Duchene being traded tomorrow. Partly because he is a great player that I want the Avs to keep him, and mainly because I don't like who the likely trading partners would be. Another O'Reilly package would be super disappointing.

Hate that Ottawa was mentioned earlier. Would be funny to see him traded to Detroit, just because he grew up an Avs fan. I wish there were rumours of him being offered for Subban. That trade board thread said the Canucks turned down 5th Overall, Tanev, and Hansen for 9th overall and Subban. I wonder how they would feel about Duchene+10 or Barrie+10, and not sending the 9th back.

If Duchene goes I dont think it has anything to do with the draft, I don't think any of our big pieces do actually. Avs aren't angling to primarily get a top 10 pick back IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd quite easily do Duchene with a big plus for Subban. Then probably flip Barrie or EJ for a center.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If Duchene goes I dont think it has anything to do with the draft, I don't think any of our big pieces do actually. Avs aren't angling to primarily get a top 10 pick back IMO.

That's what I was saying. The supposed rejected deal had the 9th overall going to Vancouver. I was talking about Duchene+ or Barrie+10 for Subban straight up. If Duchene is traded tomorrow, I would think it would either be to move up to top 3, or for Zibanejed+ type package.

With all the talk by Sakic of trying to land a premiere defenceman, and if Subban is actually available, you would have to think he is going to try and make that happen. There isn't going to be a defenceman as good as Subban available for a long time again. If he is in fact available.

Edit: Should have typed faster. I see Dreger confirmed Sakic is calling.

I would be so damn excited if the Avs got Subban.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The Duchene fanboy in me wouldn't want to move him for Subban at all...but I could get behind Barrie + 10th + something for Subban.

Would Mtl even be looking for a center for Subie anyway since they have Galchenyuk and Plekanec?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Why do I get the feeling that we'll be lucky to get through the next few days and still have Duchene....

What would you peeps add to Duchene to try to land Subban?

If we had to trade Dutchy I'd be looking more at Faulk, McDonagh myself.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Anything beyond MacK, Landy, EJ, Barrie, Rantanen, Bigras, and Z.

What is there left that is "big" after those?

If Draisaitl+4th overall is the ask from Edmonton, I'd imagine 10th+Duchene would be from the Avs. Depending on how much Montreal wanted Dubois, they might value that package more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

If Draisaitl+4th overall is the ask from Edmonton, I'd imagine 10th+Duchene would be from the Avs. Depending on how much Montreal wanted Dubois, they might value that package more.

#10, #40, Compher, Meloche, Greer, and Beauch (who'd waive IMO). I'd give up 2 that group. If the deal HAD to be Duchene + Bigras... I'd even think about that.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I'd take that package over the Avs offer, and I think Montreal would rather easily. Draisaitl is not nearly as good yet, but he's younger, big, and has the potential to maybe hit a Kopitar level. Dubois would probably be a wet dream for Montreal.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm going to be one really sad person if Duchene is traded...but with everything that's been said, it seems it might happen. Unless the Avs consider Nick Holden to still be a core player, either he or Barrie getting moved seem to be the ones to shake things up...

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm going to be one really sad person if Duchene is traded...but with everything that's been said, it seems it might happen. Unless the Avs consider Nick Holden to still be a core player, either he or Barrie getting moved seem to be the ones to shake things up...

this here...and I also have 2 Duchene jerseys :cry:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
#10, #40, Compher, Meloche, Greer, and Beauch (who'd waive IMO). I'd give up 2 that group. If the deal HAD to be Duchene + Bigras... I'd even think about that.

For a player like Subban, those don't seem like huge pluses to me, but who knows. Duchene+Bigras crossed my mind as well. I wonder if the Avs would try and move another contract for similar cap space. 9 million in, 9 million out.

I'd love to see an EJ-Subban pairing.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Regardless, isn't Sakic talking to Barrie's agent tonight? I expect late tonight or early tomorrow morning is the earliest we'd see something significant from the Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad