Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Rumor was yesterday that the PA will take the escalator and the cap will be right around 73 million. That should help free up some potential moves.

Anyway, this should be a wide open 3 week with some very surprising moves.

And lastly, I looked back at least year, and the league has already been way more active this year. Last year, between the cup finals and the day of the draft, there were a grand total of 2 trades. One involving two AHL players, the other was us trading for Soderberg's rights. We already have two trades on the books this year, and one actually was interesting. I suspect it will remain busy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Boedker's agent says that Boedker loved everything in Colorado from the players to the coaches. I love hearing those things. He said Colorado will be high up there on his list.

I've felt confident all along that if they swung and missed on Radulov that Boedker would be back and this makes me even more confident.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Boedker's agent says that Boedker loved everything in Colorado from the players to the coaches. I love hearing those things. He said Colorado will be high up there on his list.

I've felt confident all along that if they swung and missed on Radulov that Boedker would be back and this makes me even more confident.

Yea, I think Boedker's their backup plan at this point as well. The next 2-3 weeks should be really interesting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Or force MacK into a bridge, Barrie into arbitration, sign Rads to a 4.5m deal, AND sign Boedker. :sarcasm:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Delusions of grandeur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Watching the Penguins cup run, I couldn't help but think that Everberg and Tom Kuhnhackl are very, very similar players. Kuhnhackl seemed to play a little more physical, but every time I saw him out there taking a regular shift I couldn't help but think of Everberg.

Those players, even if it's a small role, are very valuable to a team. Cheap, trustworthy, and can provide some offence.
But Kuhnhacki has NHL-caliber skating and a NHL-caliber shot. Everberg may have had the skating, but not the shot (or even the skills anywhere around the net).

Martinsen has neither, hence he's an AHL player. He's the latest AHL player we Avs fans have some delusions of grandeur about, but he's still an AHL player.

AB - So how are those delusions of grandeur when one poster suggested he could be a 4th liner who could score 10-15 goals per year and the other suggested he could be like Kuhnhackl a career minor leaguer???

No one is suggesting Martinsen or Everberg would become top-9 players. The suggestion that either of these fringe NHLers actually become NHL 4th liners is certainly plausible and not the stretch you are making it out to be.

Martinsen had some really poor moments last year and he had some decent moments as well. When he looked engaged and was hitting everything, he seemed like a decent pickup. Other times he seemed like an invisible floater. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could still improve but in all likelihood he'll be an injury call-up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That top 9 would be potentially really, really good...

Landy-MacK-Radulov
Boedker-Duchene-Rantanen
Grigo-Soda-Comeau/Compher

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

Landy-MacK-Radulov
Boedker-Duchene-Rantanen

Really good but the defense would have to suffer. I can't imagine there being much cap room left after that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Really good but the defense would have to suffer. I can't imagine there being much cap room left after that.

Don't worry... all the stuff that would have to happen for that to happen, simply won't happen.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
AB - So how are those delusions of grandeur when one poster suggested he could be a 4th liner who could score 10-15 goals per year and the other suggested he could be like Kuhnhackl a career minor leaguer???

No one is suggesting Martinsen or Everberg would become top-9 players.

In today's NHL, scoring 15 goals is a top-9 forward. In fact, that's a pretty damn good number for a 3rd line guy. I'd wager there were zero NHL teams this past season who had nine 15+ goal forwards (though that's just my gut feeling, I haven't done the research).

Perhaps a bit strong wording on my part though. Not trying to demean anyone. I just don't see NHL-caliber talent with that guy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
At this point I'm fully convinced that either Boedker or Radulov will be in an Avs jersey come opening night.

I see Boedker get bashed on here all the time, but he is actually the type of player we need. We need more offensive threats. Right now we basically rely on Duchene and MacK to create and score most of our goals. Landy is not good enough to create on his own, Rantanen is a kid with minimal experience, Soderberg is OK. And outside that we are pretty dry on offensive players. Not to mention he fits in with our age group perfectly.

Granted his defense sucks, but that's why he is a winger and isn't used in PK situations. He is an excellent PP guy, and he is a top end skater.

In his short time with the Avs he played at a 55pts per 82 games pace. And you have to take into consideration he also did a lot of that without Duchene or MacK.

I for one would gladly take him back on a reasonable 4-5 year deal, if getting Radulov is not a possibility.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Which is sad. I really hope one of or both Bigras and Zads takes 2 giant steps forward in their development next year. Wishful thinking but I can still wish lol.

It's not really sad. We have 2 good Top 4s and 2 more potential good Top 4s. All we need is Bigras /Zads to become Top 4 D and our Defense is fine. And they both have more potential then that.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Landy-MacK-Radulov
Boedker-Duchene-Rantanen

Gotta go with Boedker and MacK. Soooooo much speed. Radulov needs to be with Duchene so that we can't stop hearing the complaints about Duchene's linemates.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It's not really sad. We have 2 good Top 4s and 2 more potential good Top 4s. All we need is Bigras /Zads to become Top 4 D and our Defense is fine. And they both have more potential then that.

You mean 3 good top 4s, right?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
“We’re not going to be looking that day,” Sakic said. “As the summer goes on, we’ll see what good fits are. But on the July 1, don’t expect us to go after any big long-term deals. Within our own, we’re going to discuss what we have within, but outside on July 1 we’re not going to go after a big splash.”

“We haven’t given up on him,” Sakic said of Siemens, a restricted free agent who will receive a qualifying offer to remain with the Avs. “We’ll see how training camp goes. Last year, he made strides. It’s almost like a breakout year. He was fairly healthy and we saw a lot of strides on him.”

“I don’t ever comment on rumors,” Sakic said when asked about his interest in Trouba. “There’s a lot of speculation out there. All I can tell you is we’ve had conversations with different teams and we want to try to improve our crop.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/17/avalanche-gm-joe-sakic-says-team-wont-be-active-in-july-1-free-agency/

Staying pretty quiet on July 1st is a good plan. I hope it's not just the case for the big long-term deals either. They should be patient for the depth players too so they don't give out decent sized contracts to them.

Yeah, Boedker's gone. I don't think he'll be back if he's hitting the market.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
All i really want for next season is one upgrade on defense, replacing Holden with someone solid to play with Barrie moving Holden down to 3rd pair and resign Boedker. That's not too much to ask is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino