Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I'd much rather go after someone like Mcdonagh or Faulk considering the price. Don't like the idea of having Subban as our no.1 at all.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I dont like the idea of acquiring Subban at all, dislike him as a player so much...

But, since it actually seems like maybe a bit more then just a little rumor, Ill bite on the idea.

Can it be done with moving Duchene? Barrie + #10 + Zadorov/Bigras?

Or if it has to involve Duchene then what else? Duchene + #Zadorov?

I dont like the idea at all, I think Subban is grossly overrated. Theres a reason he was left off of Team Canada.

I'm with this guy. Go for Trouba before Subban. Can't pay 9M+ for a primarily offensive defenseman. Especially since we will probably be giving up our #1C. Yuck.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd much rather go after someone like Mcdonagh or Faulk considering the price. Don't like the idea of having Subban as our no.1 at all.

How come? I think he'd be our best player and the best defenseman we've had in years.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Think the price would be Duchene plus Barrie for Subban +. Not sure how I'd feel about that but having Johnson and Subban anchoring 2 d pairings sounds pretty awesome.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
How come? I think he'd be our best player and the best defenseman we've had in years.

Agreed. He would instantly change the dynamic of the team, and give the team a punch from the back end they haven't had since Blake.

Even PK's biggest detractors have to admit he is a top 10 defensemen in the league. I'd argue he is top 5. He is the level of defensemen you need to win a cup, especially coming out of the west.

Beauchemin would be a great partner for him. Imagine having Subban or Johnson on the ice for 50 minutes of the game.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010

I just don't think he's good enough defensively. If we had a real solid and smart no.2 guy then I could probably live with it but we don't have that. and like I said the I'm probably not gonna like the price and the salary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even PK's biggest detractors have to admit he is a top 10 defensemen in the league. I'd argue he is top 5. He is the level of defensemen you need to win a cup, especially coming out of the west.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

i'd only take doughty and karlsson over him. some others are are arguably better now but wouldn't take them over subban as he's much younger than those guys and/or better contract situation, more upside left etc.

hedman could be one of those guys but he's UFA in a year and will probably get similar contract. i think subban has potential to play at higher level and imo only doughty and maybe keith has played at higher level than subban from 13-15 in playoffs. save the rangers series in '14 where he was gassed.

member 116861

Step 1 - Trade for Subban
Step 2 - Sign Stamkos
Step 3 - Stanley Cup?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
i'd only take doughty and karlsson over him. some others are are arguably better now but wouldn't take them over subban as he's much younger than those guys.

OEL competes with Subban for me, but yeah... those two and maybe OEL. Maybe Hedman.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Yeah I'm not sure how anyone can't think PK isn't easily a top 10 dman in the league, let alone think he's overrated. You can make an argument over his contract and that's one thing, but if you can't see how valuable he is as a dman...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
well stamkos and subban are very good buddies..

And we'd need a center. :naughty:

That is it! Trade Barrie + Duchene for Subban +, then sign Stamkos!

45257506.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
PK is in my 3-6 range.

To me it's:

Karlsson

Doughty
A tier that includes Subban/Hedman/OEL/Keith

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Subban is not in my Top 10. He's #12 on my list.

And if you take contracts into it as a factor, he falls out of my Top 15.

Subban is a top 5 "game changer" dman. When he's on the ice stuff happen. All the time. I don't like him that much because I dislike the Habs but he's a real superstar and plays like one. He'd be our best player by a fair margin.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
PK is in my 3-6 range.

To me it's:

Karlsson

Doughty
A tier that includes Subban/Hedman/OEL/Keith

Meh, depends on how high a value you put on offensive defenders. I don't see Subban as a two-way guy even to the level of Keith, and I still view Keith as leaning more to an offensive guy.

Two way guys are OEL/Doughty/Hedman types IMO. Subban & Karlsson are your analytical barbie dolls though.

I've never watched a game Subban played in and came away extremely impressed personally. Hes top 10 IMO, not top 5 for me. No way in hell do I give up Duchene & Barrie, maybe Duchene & 10 for Subban and a 2nd or something though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think theres a lot separating a lot of the Dmen after the first 4 or 5.

Doughty, Karlsson, OEL, Hedman, and Keith are far and away my Top 5. A sizable gap after those guys.

Then, for me at least I have Suter, Vlasic, McDonagh, Letang, Burns, ahead of him, although its close between these guys and they can flip flop a decent amount over the course of a season.

So right now Subban is #11 for me. But with guys like Faulk, Lindholm, Brodie, Ekblad, and Klingberg all very quickly on the rise, I'm not sure how long he'd stay at that spot for me. Although he'll probably pass Suter, Keith, and Burns pretty soon at least.

I just find his style to be way to reckless, especially in his own zone. He can bring some solid offense but you never know what to expect on Defense. I want my #1D to be very consistent and reliable in his own zone. Karlsson and OEL may not be elite Defensively but you at least have a very good idea of what to expect game in and game out with them. I dont feel the same way about Subban at all when it comes to Defensive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino