Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm not a big Grimaldi fan either but who cares!!! This gets Berra off the books and gives us another $1.5M in cap space.

FANTASTIC TRADE by the AVS!!!!!

Just thinking of a different time, a different forum. Too funny. :biglaugh:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You want to know why I'm still of the opinion that Sakic was playing a little coy about Radulov yesterday? I can't remember which radio interview, but on one of them, he was asked about the goalies and he mentioned all 3: Varlamov, Pickard, and Berra, and said something to the effect that "we're fine on goalies". And then today Berra is traded.

These guys are playing public poker. Not going to tip hands either way.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Realistically the cap savings just pay for Pickard raise. But they need ahl bodies and the market doesn't have a lot of teams looking for back ups, just starters.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
600k since he was buried. Still, frees up a roster spot.

It does? Grimaldi will count as a contract, and Berra was playing in SA next year regardless...unless the Avs really did trade Varlamov or Pickard and didn't want to sign a UFA goaltender as an NHL backup.

This is a nice little cap-saving trade, but ultimately just moving out a goalie for the Rampage for a forward for the Rampage. Not a bad move, since Grimaldi's contract comes off the cap while in SA, but nothing really major either.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It does? Grimaldi will count as a contract, and Berra was playing in SA next year regardless...unless the Avs really did trade Varlamov or Pickard and didn't want to sign a UFA goaltender as an NHL backup.

This is a nice little cap-saving trade, but ultimately just moving out a goalie for the Rampage for a forward for the Rampage. Not a bad move, since Grimaldi's contract comes off the cap while in SA, but nothing really major either.

I meant freed up a spot that the team wanted freed. This is assuming they wanted Spencer Martin to be the main goalie for the Rampage, and that they were looking to get some AHL forward help.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm worried about Duchene being traded tomorrow. Partly because he is a great player that I want the Avs to keep him, and mainly because I don't like who the likely trading partners would be. Another O'Reilly package would be super disappointing.

Hate that Ottawa was mentioned earlier. Would be funny to see him traded to Detroit, just because he grew up an Avs fan. I wish there were rumours of him being offered for Subban. That trade board thread said the Canucks turned down 5th Overall, Tanev, and Hansen for 9th overall and Subban. I wonder how they would feel about Duchene+10 or Barrie+10, and not sending the 9th back.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
You want to know why I'm still of the opinion that Sakic was playing a little coy about Radulov yesterday? I can't remember which radio interview, but on one of them, he was asked about the goalies and he mentioned all 3: Varlamov, Pickard, and Berra, and said something to the effect that "we're fine on goalies". And then today Berra is traded.

That's true, however, though I don't remember the exact question, I do remember that it was stupid/strange, almost like the interviewer was asking if Colorado was going to acquire a goalie.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

You're still in denial stage :D

Would be interesting since Sakic isn't a personality to expect to operate like this. If this is Sakic trying to get a better angle on a trade I'm all for it. If he's trying to jerk around a potential Avs player by playing games through the media I think long term it hurts the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You're still in denial stage :D

Would be interesting since Sakic isn't a personality to expect to operate like this. If this is Sakic trying to get a better angle on a trade I'm all for it. If he's trying to jerk around a potential Avs player by playing games through the media I think long term it hurts the team.

Sakic has done it multiple times now. He manages expectations with what he says publicly.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's true, however, though I don't remember the exact question, I do remember that it was stupid/strange, almost like the interviewer was asking if Colorado was going to acquire a goalie.

Q: The goalie situation. When do you make moves there?

Sakic: Our goalie moves?

Q: Yes. Will you make any moves?

Sakic: Well, we have Varly and Pickard and obviously Reto is....uhh....ummm.....with us as well so I think right now at the goalie position we're fine.

:laugh:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Benning apparently just said the Canucks are in on Subban...he also said it's not close, but what in the hell are Montreal thinking? Does their management really not like Subban?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With the Berra move and Sakic's comments... it does seem like they are planning on spending to the cap.

Benning apparently just said the Canucks are in on Subban...he also said it's not close, but what in the hell are Montreal thinking? Does their management really not like Subban?

$9m cap hit and it is known there is friction there. Along with that, the NMC starts July 1st. If they are going to trade PK, it happens this year... I'd personally pay a huge price for him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Maybe they're only listening because it's Benning. If I'm Sakic and Benning calls about Mackinnon I keep him on the phone. Who knows, that conversation could end up being Tanev, Horvat, Virtanen, retained Edler and Vancouver's next 6 1st rounders

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's gonna take a big pair of you know whats to trade a guy like PK in his prime. Does Bergevin have it in him?

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Everyone is for sale at the right price. Of course they're gonna listen to offers...doesn't mean they wanna trade their #1D.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Stuart can hit LTIR, and the signings go like this... the Avs have quite a bit of cap room (not actual lines/pairings):

Landy (5.571)-MacK (7.0)-____
Grigo (.900)-Duchene (6.0)-Rants (.894)
Comeau (2.4)-Soda (4.75)-Compher (.925)
McLeod (1.33)-Mitchell (1.8)-Iggy (5.33)
Marty (.775)

Beauch (4.5)-EJ (6.0)
Z(.894)-Barrie (6.0)
Bigras (.843)-Holden (1.65)
Gelinas (1.575)

Varly (5.9)
Pickard (1.25)

That totals up to a touch over $67m... almost 6m in cap space to sign 1 or 2 players. More if Mitchell/Holden can be dumped for cheaper replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad