Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Black Knights is a university nickname, not a professional sports one IMO. Black Aces on the other hand sounds quite interesting with a WWI style fighter pilot as their logo and card suits thrown in there. Las Vegas Black Aces sounds legit.

I hope those Duchene for Trouba rumours are not true. Again nothing to disrespect Trouba, but Matt is clearly worth more. If we're trading Duchene, it should be for a Ristolainen/Faulk type of defenseman. Or trade more and try to get a Josi quality instead. Makes no sense for the Avs if it's Duchene for Trouba, now if it's Duchene+Meloche/2nd rounder for Trouba+Little, that seems much more realistic.

Again I might be overvaluing our players, but I think RNH is below Barrie's trade value IMO (points plus he's a defenseman). If we get a player back from Oilers for Barrie, I don't think it would be crazy to ask for Draisaitl and get him in a return.

I know any deal or players involving the Oilers are fan made speculation, but it makes no sense how a player of Trouba calibre can get Duchene in a trade, while Barrie can only get Nugent-Hopkins. And just because Barrie is an RFA, shouldn't hamper his trade value that much.

yeah but Las Vegas Black Knights and Los Vegas Black Aces sound just as bad.
The name has to go with Las Vegas. For example Los Vegas Desert works, but its a lame name lol. Too bad Las Vegas Mobsters is already taken.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So, lets just humor the rumor that Hamonic never left the market... Am I crazy to think I may prefer Hamonic over Trouba. Sure Trouba is younger and may have more upside, but right now they are very similar players and Hamonic comes with a great contract and may be cheaper to acquire.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't rule out Barrie bringing back the 4th overall pick but I don't think the Oilers do it unless it's a bigger deal where they're getting the 10th pick as well. It doesn't sound like Chiarelli wants to drop out of the 1st round completely. Like with O'Reilly last year when we had the exact same discussions, I don't think it makes sense to trade one of our top young players and top pick in the same deal.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
They're probably going to swap Barrie for Hamonic straight up. Maybe some small add-ins on either side but it seems to make the most sense. People thinking he's worth the 4th OA pick are pretty optimistic or delusional.

Hamonic would be better than 4th overall.

Why is his name coming back up? I thought he said he wanted to stay in NY.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So, lets just humor the rumor that Hamonic never left the market... Am I crazy to think I may prefer Hamonic over Trouba. Sure Trouba is younger and may have more upside, but right now they are very similar players and Hamonic comes with a great contract and may be cheaper to acquire.

I would definitely prefer Hamonic, but it's mainly because we could use an experienced guy whose age still fits with the core. Someone we can pair one of the rookies with and forget about it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I would go for Barrie + 10 for 4th, klefbom.

Don't let Edmonton fans see that proposal. They think Klefbom has dome some rare special thing where he ranks high in all of these certain categories of advanced stats, so they think hes the next coming of an elite defender. Just no one has noticed it yet.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
One of the Vancouver beat writers is claiming he will still be traded out west. I suppose it's possible.

Thanks. So we got a Bruins guy talking about Duchene and Trouba, and someone from Vancouver spreading rumors about Hamonic.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I saw this in the trade thread: Duchene and Barrie for Trouba and Scheifele. Who adds? Who wins?

In my opinion, Barrie and Trouba are tough to compare but almost a wash depending on what you want from a defensemen. Edge to Barrie in value for sure. Duchene and Scheif is interesting. Dutchy has two years on Scheif and is more valuable and accomplished but Scheif had quite the year last year with 29 goals in 71 games surpassing 60 points as well.

All in all, pointless trade I suppose. Could we add our 10th and get their 2nd xD

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I saw this in the trade thread: Duchene and Barrie for Trouba and Scheifele. Who adds? Who wins?

In my opinion, Barrie and Trouba are tough to compare but almost a wash depending on what you want from a defensemen. Edge to Barrie in value for sure. Duchene and Scheif is interesting. Dutchy has two years on Scheif and is more valuable and accomplished but Scheif had quite the year last year with 29 goals in 71 games surpassing 60 points as well.

All in all, pointless trade I suppose. Could we add our 10th and get their 2nd xD

I still think if Duchene is involved it will be something like Little + Trouba for Duchene + ? Only thing is what is that + from the Avs? Regardless of what Jets fans say, Little is not better than Duchene. Duchene is worth more than Trouba straight up, but how much more value do we need to add to get Little? Not Barrie, surely. Perhaps 10th overall? I wouldn't want to include Zadorov or Bigras as it doesn't make sense to ship out 2 high end D (including Barrie) and only get one back. I'd try to add in Holden and whatever other sweetener we had. Or the 10th and try to get something else small back, but maybe I'm just greedy.

EDIT: Even if we did some combination of these moves, it's going to be very difficult to ice a legitimate D AND sign Radulov without getting rid of Varlamov or Iginla without any salary coming back.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Jets win that trade, and need to add.

yeah but Las Vegas Black Knights and Los Vegas Black Aces sound just as bad.
The name has to go with Las Vegas. For example Los Vegas Desert works, but its a lame name lol. Too bad Las Vegas Mobsters is already taken.

You might not know this, but Las Vegas and the state of Nevada have a big connection to the US Air force, which is where both the Black Knights and Black Aces names come from.

Last edited:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I think it is possible but difficult without getting salary back.

Maybe:

Barrie + 10

RNH + 4

?

Nah, need to get 2 top 10 picks.
That's why Barrie for Yakupov / 4th overall makes sense in every way.

They get their elite offensive D.

We get cap space, admittedly a project, and 2 top 10 picks. Say Mcleod and Tkachuk

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nah, need to get 2 top 10 picks.
That's why Barrie for Yakupov / 4th overall makes sense in every way.

They get their elite offensive D.

We get cap space, admittedly a project, and 2 top 10 picks. Say Mcleod and Tkachuk

If we end up with #10 and #4 I'll probably be excited to see the team make those picks, but I really wish it was in a different draft.

Also, we're probably more likely to go after Backes in free-agency than trade anything for RNH. He does not even remotely fit with the teams identity moving forward.

Also, why bother? PLD at #4 solves the big two way center issue. A Landy/PLD/Rantanen line would be beastly in a year and some change.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I hope the Avs don't take on a project like Yakupov.

You know he won't slot into a top-6 role to start, and he's a horrible fit in a checking role - which should require no elaboration, but if I'm not mistaken, his +/- is by far the worst in the NHL over the past three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad