Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Haggerty is a hack. He was the one pushing the Bruins are gonna trade Chara and Marchand rumor, and they both turned out to be completely off base.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/...tting-itself-fans-the-bruins-and-the-nhl-down

Why is a Boston reporter breaking news about the Avs dangling Duchene? Because it has to do with the amount of teams looking to get a defenseman, including the Bruins. His main talking point.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Face of a franchise making a huge amount of money in a hockey crazed market that hasn't won anything in a billion years. It's to be expected.

I think it's directed at the wrong person. He's doing his part.

Ugg, it's going to be Duchene for Trouba and Barrie for RNH isn't it. I don't mind the whole Barrie for Trouba dynamic, but I feel going from Duchene to RNH is a huge step back. Unless we get some significant pluses in both deals, I don't like where this is heading.

Yeah, I don't like it. It changes up the core, which is something they apparently want to do, but I think we get worse if it's a straight Duchene/Barrie for RNH/Trouba swap.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It is hard to say what the deals would actually be. The basis of Duchene + Barrie for Trouba + RNH doesn't really make the Avs better or worse, but it changes the complexion of the team significantly. RNH at his best isn't better than Duchene, but is slightly more well rounded. Trouba at his best can be significantly better than Barrie overall, but won't touch Barrie in the offensive zone.

Honestly how the basis of that swap worked out wouldn't be the pluses added to the deals (I doubt they'd be significant enough to sway a deal either way), but how RNH and Trouba developed over the next couple years. If Trouba became a very good #2 and RNH became a consistent ~60 point center... the Avs probably end up being a better team in the end. If only one happens, I don't think the team improved much (if at all).

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I dont believe it for a second.

The only person that has ever reported Duchene to be available was Dater back in November. And I actually think he has some solid Avs sources so I believe him.

Which is exactly why I dont believe this, because not even a week ago Dater said Duchene was no longer being considered for trade and that the Avs had backed off on that entirely.

This rumor makes no sense at all. Everything from who's reporting it, to the value, to the reasoning, etc.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I think it's directed at the wrong person. He's doing his part.

Yeah, I don't like it. It changes up the core, which is something they apparently want to do, but I think we get worse if it's a straight Duchene/Barrie for RNH/Trouba swap.

Oh I totally agree in regards to Subban. I'm going to not actually say what I feel though as I don't want to start that.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
One dynamic that should be considered is, if I remember correctly, Sakic did have some conversations with Newport towards the end of the season. If those guys are flat out unwilling to talk long term deals with Barrie, it changes how you view him. I flat out think Sakic will not let him do bridge deals and arbitration fights and walk to free agency in 2/3 years (whatever it is).

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Ugg, it's going to be Duchene for Trouba and Barrie for RNH isn't it. I don't mind the whole Barrie for Trouba dynamic, but I feel going from Duchene to RNH is a huge step back. Unless we get some significant pluses in both deals, I don't like where this is heading.

I read in another thread that Krejci might be availabe. I would be perfectly happy with him instead of RNH.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Nugent-Hopkins hasn't fully panned out yet.

I hope Colorado does not trade Duchene; having said that, Duchene's biggest weakness in the offensive zone is having tunnel vision, trying to do everything himself.

RNH has eyes in the back of his head, and could provide a boost to a Power Play which has finished 19th and 29th the last two seasons.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs don't have a single player on the roster who is untouchable, they can all be replaced. The only thing that worries me is any move Sakic makes seem to set the team back few years so they are better off just don't make any trades. It's not so much as trading Duchene or Barrie that concerns me it's who they'll get in return, and i don't have much faith in Sakic that if he trades those guys he will get good value in return.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I hope Colorado does not trade Duchene; having said that, Duchene's biggest weakness in the offensive zone is having tunnel vision, trying to do everything himself.

RNH has eyes in the back of his head, and could provide a boost to a Power Play which has finished 19th and 29th the last two seasons.

Duchene's pretty good on the PP on the wall. The tunnel vision applies sometimes but I thoguht he was our best playmaker for the majority of last season. The guy hasn't had good wingers in forever though let's be honest here. Also, his point production would be at least 10 points higher on a better possession team.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010

Nuge can't (or atleast doesn't) drive the play like duchene can. Maybe he will if he gets his own line but I'm not willing to give up Barrie and Duchene for Trouba and RNH. Don't know what Sakic and Roy think though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Black Knights is a university nickname, not a professional sports one IMO. Black Aces on the other hand sounds quite interesting with a WWI style fighter pilot as their logo and card suits thrown in there. Las Vegas Black Aces sounds legit.

I hope those Duchene for Trouba rumours are not true. Again nothing to disrespect Trouba, but Matt is clearly worth more. If we're trading Duchene, it should be for a Ristolainen/Faulk type of defenseman. Or trade more and try to get a Josi quality instead. Makes no sense for the Avs if it's Duchene for Trouba, now if it's Duchene+Meloche/2nd rounder for Trouba+Little, that seems much more realistic.

Again I might be overvaluing our players, but I think RNH is below Barrie's trade value IMO (points plus he's a defenseman). If we get a player back from Oilers for Barrie, I don't think it would be crazy to ask for Draisaitl and get him in a return.

I know any deal or players involving the Oilers are fan made speculation, but it makes no sense how a player of Trouba calibre can get Duchene in a trade, while Barrie can only get Nugent-Hopkins. And just because Barrie is an RFA, shouldn't hamper his trade value that much.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I would be disappointed. RNH sucks.

I'd suffix this the fact I think RNH has played with better quality line-mates. Duchene has been chopped and changed from pillar to post. Even still:

RNH points per game: 0.70
RNH goals per game 0.24

Dutchy points per game: 0.76
Dutchy goals per game: 0.41

Duchene is much better than RNH, and more valuable to us than Trouba would be. Just re-sign barrie in that case !

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'd suffix this the fact I think RNH has played with better quality line-mates. Duchene has been chopped and changed from pillar to post. Even still:

RNH points per game: 0.70
RNH goals per game 0.24

Dutchy points per game: 0.76
Dutchy goals per game: 0.41

Duchene is much better than RNH, and more valuable to us than Trouba would be. Just re-sign barrie in that case !

You mean 0.31 for Duchene's gpg.

Duchene is slightly better than RNH. Like I said, I hope they don't trade Duchene, but if Barrie is on the move, it would be hard to deal him for a defenseman.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Just call them the Black Jacks

for the tourists:

BlackJack.jpg

for the kids

504d5b6525c855dbfe79309d19fa02b5.jpg

for the marketing:

blackjackpizzalogo.png

for the old timers and locals who remember what built the city:

blackjack.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When RNH came into the league he looked like he would be able to run a PP with the best of them but the last few years he's dropped off. Perhaps it's the injuries or the coaching changes slowing him down.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
They're probably going to swap Barrie for Hamonic straight up. Maybe some small add-ins on either side but it seems to make the most sense. People thinking he's worth the 4th OA pick are pretty optimistic or delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad