Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
So it seems there is a possibility Duchene could be available...

If the Coyotes were to build a package around Hanzal ++ would that be at all not offensive to you?

The ++ could be a combination from a bunch of players/prospects/picks:
# 7 and/or #20 picks
(D) Stone, Dahlbeck, Samuellsson
(F) Perlini, Merkely, Samuellsson, MacInnis

Does Sakic hang up on Chayka or is there something worth discussing?

He hangs up.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall

If the Coyotes were to build a package around Hanzal ++ would that be at all not offensive to you?

# 7 and/or #20 picks

Honestly, if Dutchy is going to AZ then OEL better be coming back to the Avs. No combination of picks and prospects gets you Duchene.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

# 7 and/or #20 picks

I don't think Duchene really is available, Dater, the guy who started the whole thing that he was back in November, said the other day he isn't, but regardless...

If Duchene is moved, it will be for defense. McKenzie said that is what the Avs are looking to add, and it makes basic sense. Your offer doesn't meet those needs, and frankly, the value is awful. Hanzal is four years older, vastly inferior offensively, has injury issues, and is a year from UFA. To be even more frank, listing those offensive prospects when we're discussing a 25 year old #1 centre is rather insulting. Where are the Strome's, Dvorak's, Duclair's, and Domi's? This is a 25 year old #1 centre, I don't think your top 5 prospects get to be off the table. In sum, no top defensman = no deal, and even ignoring that, the value is not at all fair.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
A quantity package isn't going to do it for Duchene. My goodness, you didn't even list your 10 best forward prospects.

Well, I figured Hanzal AND Stone (a pretty good RHD) were good starting points. And I did not list every forward but did mention Merkely - our top rated RW and Perlini - our top rated LW. I get that it wont knock your socks off. That is why I asked if it was even worth discussing (mostly if Hanzal and Stone are enough to begin a conversation). If you countered with Dvorak or no deal then we could negotiate. Maybe you are really interested in Reider?

If there is not the makings for a deal I get it. Didn't want to offend. Duchene is easily the best player in the deal.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't think Duchene really is available, Dater, the guy who started the whole thing that he was back in November, said the other day he isn't, but regardless...

If Duchene is moved, it will be for defense. McKenzie said that is what the Avs are looking to add, and it makes basic sense. Your offer doesn't meet those needs, and frankly, the value is awful. Hanzal is four years older, vastly inferior offensively, has injury issues, and is a year from UFA. To be even more frank, listing those offensive prospects when we're discussing a 25 year old #1 centre is rather insulting. Where are the Strome's, Dvorak's, Duclair's, and Domi's? This is a 25 year old #1 centre, I don't think your top 5 prospects get to be off the table. In sum, no top defensman = no deal, and even ignoring that, the value is not at all fair.

I'm with you it's getting insulting to see all of these offers for our top young players that don't include either a high end prospect or high end roster player or high end pick.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, I figured Hanzal AND Stone (a pretty good RHD) were good starting points. And I did not list every forward but did mention Merkely - our top rated RW and Perlini - our top rated LW. I get that it wont knock your socks off. That is why I asked if it was even worth discussing (mostly if Hanzal and Stone are enough to begin a conversation). If you countered with Dvorak or no deal then we could negotiate. Maybe you are really interested in Reider?

If there is not the makings for a deal I get it. Didn't want to offend. Duchene is easily the best player in the deal.

He's a 25 year old #1 centre. I really don't see how a significantly inferior 29 year old UFA to be and a decent second pairing defensman coming off major surgery start a conversation. Think Johansen / Jones. You're basically offering quarters for a dollar...

I mean how how would you respond if an Avs fan came to your board and wondered if a deal around Soderberg and Barrie gets a conversation going for OEL, says MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, and Rantanen are all off the table (kind of how OEL, Strome, Duclair, and Domi are off it for you), then suggests that maybe Zadorov, Bigras, Compher, and the 10th overall could be available for negotiations? Would you be insulted? That's how it comes across to me as an Avs fan. Just pawning off pieces that won't hurt too much to lose for a young, top quality piece.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

How exactly do you intend to not offend us? When you want our best player without giving us LITERALLY anything great. No Domi, Strome, Dvorak? Keep in mind if we were asking for those guys we'd need way more than JUST one of them. You want Duchene? We can add to our star player to get your star player...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Don't worry, you're not alone.

"Hey, I'm interested in this young star player. Better bundle a bunch of scraps and things we don't need and make offer with that!"

-Typical fan on Hfboard

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
AJ dropping stuff on his Twitter, saying there is potentially big Avs stuff happening this week. I'm pretty sure he means the Avs team and not Avs stuff he is writing. It's too early for me. :laugh:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
AJ dropping stuff on his Twitter, saying there is potentially big Avs stuff happening this week. I'm pretty sure he means the Avs team and not Avs stuff he is writing. It's too early for me. :laugh:

In a later tweet he indicated that the news would be Radulov-related...please let it be true. I think it's safe to say Avsboard has been suffering from a bit of news starvation lately.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

NHL execs are meeting today about expansion. The official vote will be on the 22nd, but I would guess they'll have a pretty good idea of what the outcome will be after today.

I think that's probably what's holding everything up. Radulov and otherwise. Possibly why they haven't signed any European FA's yet either.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Seems like Habs fans are starting to get serious buyer's remorse on that Subban contract. It's reasonable when the cap seem to have plateaued at $70M.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I heard something on the radio today that expansion might be put off another year or two because Carolina might be moving to Las Vegas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland