Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Am I the only one that keeps flip flopping on a core swap? Sometimes I think a change of core for the team could give them a wake up call and help them move forward. But then I think of Duchene and Barrie going to teams where they have legitimate teammates and Duchene would turn into a consistent threat and Barrie will break the 60 point mark. I just don't know what I want and it's killing me lol

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Am I the only one that keeps flip flopping on a core swap? Sometimes I think a change of core for the team could give them a wake up call and help them move forward. But then I think of Duchene and Barrie going to teams where they have legitimate teammates and Duchene would turn into a consistent threat and Barrie will break the 60 point mark. I just don't know what I want and it's killing me lol

I can see the reasoning on both sides.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
One guy I'd like us to look at is Dylan McIlrath. Took him a while, but he showed some nice things last year, especially when paired with a defender that took the puck moving responsibility off of him. If the Rangers for some reason decide to move him, I think a Zadorov-McIlrath pairing in the future would be hilarious.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I lean more towards some sort of core reset. There is so much smoke around Barrie that a trade seems guaranteed. And I think there are enough reasons to move Varlomov. How far they go is the question.

If they truly believe Picks can take over the #1, they need to get him a good veteran backup that can take the pressure off of him, and they need to be getting a great package back in return. Ideally they are keeping: Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen and the rest of the D together (EJ, Zads, Bigras). If they are going to move Barrie and Dutch it needs to be for high end assets that are going to be expansion draft ineligible.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I lean more towards some sort of core reset. There is so much smoke around Barrie that a trade seems guaranteed. And I think there are enough reasons to move Varlomov. How far they go is the question.

That's what I think may happen, I will say Sakic has been good with his trades recently and I think he won't make any trades that are poor in value. He seems to have learned after his first few trades being pretty poor.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
If they truly believe Picks can take over the #1, they need to get him a good veteran backup that can take the pressure off of him, and they need to be getting a great package back in return. Ideally they are keeping: Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen and the rest of the D together (EJ, Zads, Bigras). If they are going to move Barrie and Dutch it needs to be for high end assets that are going to be expansion draft ineligible.

Well, only one way to find out if Picks is ready... But yeah, I have a hard time with the Varly return. Calgary could be a fit, but I can't imagine the return. Hamilton & the 6th are way too much unless we add. There isn't much else I'm interested in with the exception of Shinkaruk. Carolina is another possibility and they do have some assets in the range that make sense 21OA, Phil Di Giuseppe. Not sure about them being able to pay for him though. Who else is out there that could use a #1?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's what I think may happen, I will say Sakic has been good with his trades recently and I think he won't make any trades that are poor in value. He seems to have learned after his first few trades being pretty poor.

The big trades the Avs always seem to do ok with, it's the "need filler" trades that are terrifying.

A true one for one core swap would probably be ok but I don't think it really advances anything, doesn't really solve our problems. I don't think our problems are dynamics that changes of scenery would fix. Probably wouldn't make things worse unless they bet on the wrong guy.

The real question is if this team needs a reset or will keep trying to win now. That's the direction they have to pick because straddling the line isn't helping them. And I don't think they are in the right frame of mind to reset, so we'll keep trying to retool and win at the same time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The big trades the Avs always seem to do ok with, it's the "need filler" trades that are terrifying.

A true one for one core swap would probably be ok but I don't think it really advances anything, doesn't really solve our problems. I don't think our problems are dynamics that changes of scenery would fix. Probably wouldn't make things worse unless they bet on the wrong guy.

The real question is if this team needs a reset or will keep trying to win now. That's the direction they have to pick because straddling the line isn't helping them. And I don't think they are in the right frame of mind to reset, so we'll keep trying to retool and win at the same time.

I know not much has come from management, but do we know if they are still all in on win now mode? Because if we are supposedly not against trading Duchene and not wanting to pay Barrie, we could get some good pieces if we do decide to retool. Whether that's the right decision, I guess that would end up being something we find out in hindsight.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know not much has come from management, but do we know if they are still all in on win now mode? Because if we are supposedly not against trading Duchene and not wanting to pay Barrie, we could get some good pieces if we do decide to retool. Whether that's the right decision, I guess that would end up being something we find out in hindsight.

Trying to sign Radulov would be one indication

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Didn't go too badly for Dallas...

Dallas has a good coach so they can get away with not having a strong blue line, but the Avs not only have a weak defense they also have a weak coach. This team needs to improve at least one of those things, get a good coach who can make this current roster play good hockey or get much better d-men so at least they'll have players back there who know what to do when the team system let you down. Preferably they'll fix both issues someday.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I'm not sure what's wrong with this team, making a coaching change first is the direction id go first. I was a big fan of Roy and sakic as players. Is it the assistants? Players? I think we've seen a bit from Roy being able to adjust his systems. Its to bad because I don't think we could get anyone else as devoted as these guys are. I really need this year before I start calling for heads. The staff s definitely on the hot seat with me.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So it seems there is a possibility Duchene could be available...

If the Coyotes were to build a package around Hanzal ++ would that be at all not offensive to you?

The ++ could be a combination from a bunch of players/prospects/picks:
# 7 and/or #20 picks
(D) Stone, Dahlbeck, Samuellsson
(F) Perlini, Merkely, Samuellsson, MacInnis

Does Sakic hang up on Chayka or is there something worth discussing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille