Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Galchenyuk needs out of the ridiculous pressure that comes with MTL. Once outside of that and doesn't have the pressure he could really thrive. I'd give him a shot in Colorado without a doubt...

Duchene + Bigras (maybe +) for Galchenyuk + Sergachev

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Bergevin also openly said Galchenyuk took a step back this year. Which, IMO is wrong. Even if you believe that you probably shouldn't say it though unless you fully intend to move him which is what I expect.

If you plan to move him why openly try to reduce his value?

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Crazy idea... could MTL take Soderberg? Yes we would retain salary and give some up, but did he have a good relationship with Julien? If so, it might work since MTL is so weak down the middle.

Maybe....

Duchene + Soderberg (salary retained) + Bigras
for
Galchenyuk + Sergachev

Or something much more simple

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bergevin didn't give a ringing endorsement of Beaulieu either. It feels like we went back a year to last offseason when the off ice rumours about Galchenyuk and Beaulieu first started coming out. Unlike Galchenyuk though, I don't think he's very good.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Galchenyuk needs out of the ridiculous pressure that comes with MTL. Once outside of that and doesn't have the pressure he could really thrive. I'd give him a shot in Colorado without a doubt...

Duchene + Bigras (maybe +) for Galchenyuk + Sergachev

You know what this made me think of? After that happens, it would be interesting to see how cannibalistic Montreal becomes when Duchene goes through one of his 20 game droughts the same season they give up their top D prospect for him.

Add to that Duchene's own issues with the mental part of the game. Especially because Duchy admitted that he reads social media lol.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
There is still that chance that Duchene will not be traded anywhere and stays with Avs and signs a contract extension with Avs. I think with some linemate changes he should be in that 70 point range.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sakic stayed strong on his asking price at the deadline. If nobody meets it at the draft, there's nothing to indicate that he will cave then, either. I would not be at all surprised to see Duchene on the opening night roster.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Sakic stayed strong on his asking price at the deadline. If nobody meets it at the draft, there's nothing to indicate that he will cave then, either. I would not be at all surprised to see Duchene on the opening night roster.

Make me a very happy man. It has been years since Dutchy has had top 6 quality actual line-mates on both sides. For mine:

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Tyson Jost - Duchene - Patrick

Has just as much potential as

Landeskog - Stastny - Mackinnon
O'Reilly - Duchene - Mcginn

and that excites me, and I really hope it does everyone else as well.

I understand where everyone is coming from regarding him needing to go though, please don't get me wrong.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I expect to see him there, to be completely honest with you

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would be shocked if Duchene's on the opening night roster. I think he's gone by the draft and IMO, that would be the correct decision. It'll be best for both sides.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Make me a very happy man. It has been years since Dutchy has had top 6 quality actual line-mates on both sides.

This narrative of Duchene not being with good linemates needs to really die. In 15-16, Duchene's most common linemates were MacK and Landy (a large chunk of that time was with both). This past season his most common linemates were Mikko and Landy. That was rarely together... I think we can all agree Bednar's forward usage wasn't great. The plugs around Duchene weren't all terrible though at least to the point were Duchene should have fallen off to 41 points.

I can honestly see Duchene on the opening night roster, but if it happens, it will be Sakic making a bigger mistake to save face for a previous mistake.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If you plan to move him why openly try to reduce his value?

How did he openly try to reduce his value? Teams have scouts. They aren't going to see that Bergevin thinks he took a step back and use it as gospel. They know what Galchenyuk is.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
He should be traded but i could absolutely see him on the team in camp, which just the thought of this dragging out over another year is enough for me to take a nap, and i dont see it as a total failure on Joe's part. He set a price for Matty which i agree with (if the reports are true ) but unfortunately i dont see anyone bitting.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
This narrative of Duchene not being with good linemates needs to really die. In 15-16, Duchene's most common linemates were MacK and Landy (a large chunk of that time was with both). This past season his most common linemates were Mikko and Landy. That was rarely together... I think we can all agree Bednar's forward usage wasn't great. The plugs around Duchene weren't all terrible though at least to the point were Duchene should have fallen off to 41 points.

I can honestly see Duchene on the opening night roster, but if it happens, it will be Sakic making a bigger mistake to save face for a previous mistake.

Ok, but what then, did that mean for the other three lines? I remember people complaining that the opposition just had to focus on shutting that one line down, and that was it for us.

Secondly, for whatever reason, Duchene doesn't seem to have chemistry with Mackinnon. Not sure why, but he doesn't. Then again, Mueller, Fleishmann & a few others really suited his game. The best line for us in the past 5 years was Landeskog - Stastny - Mackinnon. Why, because they all had amazing chemistry - and I say this when Stazz was my all time favorite player (so it's without bias) - I think Dutchy is naturally more "offensively" more gifted. So why did Stazz produce like a machine with Landy / Mack when Dutchy doesn't so much?

This past season was an anomaly.

I don't mean to be rude guys (Pierce, you're an amazing, knowledgable, wonderful, needed fan), but for anyone to say they'll give up on the team if Duchene is on it.....come onnnnn....we are Avs family here - we can all talk about walking away IF or IF NOT something happens, but mate, I know you'll be back game one through 82 (then playoffs next season) no matter what ! Hehehehe.

Have faith guys. Burgundy and Blue all the way !

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I would consider trading him for junk and forward prospects now a much bigger failure than keeping him and seeing how things lie once he can negotiate a new contract, either with us or some other team. We can't just **** away assets because we're mad at Duchene for underperforming in a season that nobody on the team should be proud of.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I would consider trading him for junk and forward prospects now a much bigger failure than keeping him and seeing how things lie once he can negotiate a new contract, either with us or some other team. We can't just **** away assets because we're mad at Duchene for underperforming in a season that nobody on the team should be proud of.

Hear, hear legend.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is everybody's imagination so limited that they can't foresee a Duchene trade being worse than the alternative? How about Seabrook+1st? If that's the best offer he gets, do you really want him to pull the trigger on that deal?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

His value isn't going to go up the closer he gets to UFA. The best we can hope for is he tears it up at Worlds to rehab his present image a bit. I don't buy into the idea that a one year to UFA player is more valuable to a two year to UFA player. Would it work that way if we were acquiring someone, oh goodie he's a one year to UFA player? I doubt it. They wouldn't let ROR talk to teams before he was traded, they aren't going to let Duchene do it. Two years of cost certainty of an asset > one year of cost certainty of an asset. I agree to not get rid of him for just anything but waiting isn't going to make the offers better either. Sakic has waited long enough, it's his job to find a solution now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Is everybody's imagination so limited that they can't foresee a Duchene trade being worse than the alternative? How about Seabrook+1st? If that's the best offer he gets, do you really want him to pull the trigger on that deal?
Sure, if you think that's the best deal they can get, but it won't be. And what if Sakic keeps waiting and Duchene has another sub par year? Then what? GMs will probably look past his last 30 games because of his track record, but another year...probably not.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

I don't think that Sakic will take any less then what he told us. Top young D man and +,+.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't think that Sakic will take any less then what he told us. Top young D man and +,+.

When did he tell us that? I mean it seemed pretty clear they were willing to accept Ceci as the best defender, and he's anything but a "top" defensman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad