Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Firing MB won't help with the pressure to make moves.

Pretty much. Some Habs fans talk about blowing it up and rebuilding, but no GM is blowing a club with pieces like Price, Weber, and Patches up, Julien didn't come there for a rebuild, and I doubt ownership would accept one either. Bergevin is also getting a year end press conference today (yes, teams actually do those) which makes me think they are keeping him around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Montreal will find a way to build. It probably won't be easy, and Chucky is likely gone... but they will wrap themselves around their core.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Canadiens aren't blowing anything up 1 year after trading P.K Subban for Shea Weber. He's 31 and has another 8 years left on his contract, you want to waste 3-4 years that he has left of top pairing play to rebuild and compete with him when he's on the down swing?

The Canadiens IMO will make drastic moves this summer to improve their forward corps and bring in another defensemen.

I honestly think that we'll be seeing Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Sergachev, Scherbak, and a lot of their draft picks moved in order to fix their problems. I don't know how much they'll get in return, but they sure as hell better try because it'd be stupid to go into the summer with the mindset of "we just under achieved, we like our roster"

That would upset me like crazy if I was Price.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Canadiens aren't blowing anything up 1 year after trading P.K Subban for Shea Weber. He's 31 and has another 8 years left on his contract, you want to waste 3-4 years that he has left of top pairing play to rebuild and compete with him when he's on the down swing?

The Canadiens IMO will make drastic moves this summer to improve their forward corps and bring in another defensemen.

I honestly think that we'll be seeing Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Sergachev, Scherbak, and a lot of their draft picks moved in order to fix their problems. I don't know how much they'll get in return, but they sure as hell better try because it'd be stupid to go into the summer with the mindset of "we just under achieved, we like our roster"

That would upset me like crazy if I was Price.

Gimme Charlie Hudon if they want to move some youth.....

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Galchenyuk has put up enough points to be overpaid on his next contract.

I like his talent, but he doesn't seem to be the type that will elevate his game when the going is tough.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh like Sergachev and Galchenyuk for Duchene? :sarcasm:

Pipe dream... I'd love it, but a pipe dream.

In need of scoring? Trade away your only u-25 forward who has top line upside.

His next contract ($5++m for 6-8 years) and the fact that he isn't well liked by the org will push him out. It won't be a smart move, but I don't expect Montreal to make a smart decision there.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Galchenyuk has put up enough points to be overpaid on his next contract.

I like his talent, but he doesn't seem to be the type that will elevate his game when the going is tough.

I agree but the Avs have the luxury of playing him at wing with a top center in mackinnon our 1st pick or Jost. (Assuming Duchene is traded for him)

Would only have to be a complimentary piece not an impact player on forward. As long as we get sergachev as part of the package it would be worth it.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
In need of scoring? Trade away your only u-25 forward who has top line upside.

Yeah people forget he was a PPG before he got injured this year, and he scored like 30g last year
But yeah trading him for a marginal upgrade in Duchene makes total sense , oh and throw in your top LD prospect while your at it
Just leave him at C , resign Rads, dont trade Patches and just hope for the best

Danault is not your no.1 Claude. If MB does anything ,he reels that dude in before he Seguins Chucky out of MTL because "culture"

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To tick some people off, I think Blake has now managed to hire three? college free agents in his short time as Kings GM.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This board has developed an unhealthy obsession with what Montreal may or may not do over the past few months rather than evaluating our own team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This board has developed an unhealthy obsession with what Montreal may or may not do over the past few months rather than evaluating our own team.

Que? We've beaten the Avs short comings to death; and montreal's desperation is our best bet for a Duchene trade that nets us that potential #1 dman we want...short of Ron Francis deciding to go full Tim Murray.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's hard for some to Evaluate Our Team right now.
It spirals down to TRADE EVERYONE!!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!! (the latter of which I agree with)
It's not really a healthy exercise...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Something around Duchene and Sergachev would work just fine if the Habs are up to it now. I haven't liked a lot of the things I've read about Sergachev recently but he's young and there's a ton of potential there.

Galchenyuk seems like a polarizing player so it's hard to say how he'd be valued around the league. Three team deals rarely happen so this is all fantasy but a Hanifin to Avs, Duchene to Habs, and Galchenyuk to Canes deal makes some sense in my head. Canes will need some more coming their way though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Apparently Bergevin openly said Galchenyuk is a winger. That essentially guarantees they have to trade for a centre.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bergevin also openly said Galchenyuk took a step back this year. Which, IMO is wrong. Even if you believe that you probably shouldn't say it though unless you fully intend to move him which is what I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad