Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
While we wait for the FO to gift us with news, everyone's favorite more Matt Duchene quotes!

"if I happen to be moving on it's one of those things where I'm just thankful for the opportunity."

Not sure if he's thankful for the opportunity of moving or thankful for the opportunity of having played for the AVS?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
While we wait for the FO to gift us with news, everyone's favorite more Matt Duchene quotes!

Looks like Dutchy got a gem, she looks really down to earth (I know it sounds weird to say that just from photos). Surprised these photos are so public, but I guess they gave them consent to put it on their website.

http://www.drakeandcophoto.com/blog...osal-ashley-matt-duchenes-engagement-proposal

I know he's been a polarizing figure this past year, but i'll cheer for Matt regardless of what team he plays for.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I like how he mentions rebuild(s) plural. lol . like I cant imagine he'd want to go through it again, if they couldnt get it right the first couple times what s different this time around?

so the trade could be a thing both parties really desire.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Who proposes in the middle of the road? Be a bit awkward if someone rolls up behind them honking away telling them to get the **** out the way.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looks like Dutchy got a gem, she looks really down to earth (I know it sounds weird to say that just from photos). Surprised these photos are so public, but I guess they gave them consent to put it on their website.

http://www.drakeandcophoto.com/blog...osal-ashley-matt-duchenes-engagement-proposal

I know he's been a polarizing figure this past year, but i'll cheer for Matt regardless of what team he plays for.

Oh wow, that was on my birthday. I was at home watching hockey lol but I have been to that restaurant. Doing it in Larimer Sauare is so very Denver hipster. But cute! An engagement party on the night you get engaged, that's some impressive planning.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Duchene is so gone. I can't see him being here past the draft. I think both sides know it and want the same thing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You can interpret those Duchene quotes either way depending on how you view him and whether you want him gone. In one breath, he talks about how he wants to stay, then makes it clear if a trade happens he'll accept it and move on. Classic athlete quotes of saying a bunch while revealing very little.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You can interpret those Duchene quotes either way depending on how you view him and whether you want him gone. In one breath, he talks about how he wants to stay, then makes it clear if a trade happens he'll accept it and move on. Classic athlete quotes of saying a bunch while revealing very little.

He does? Everyone can certainly interpret it how they like but I didn't see it that way and it has nothing to do with wanting him gone or not. I thought this was the closest he came to saying he actually wants to stay....

"No, I don't know what to say. This time of year you just reflect. I don't know what's going to happen. If I'm back, great. Hopefully things turn around and we have a big year next year. You just got to face reality as a pro. We'll see what happens."

He says a lot of good things but IMO, comes off as someone who knows he's done here.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He does? Everyone can certainly interpret it how they like but I didn't see it that way and it has nothing to do with wanting him gone or not. I thought this was the closest he came to saying he actually wants to stay....

He says a lot of good things but IMO, comes off as someone who knows he's done here.

That was the quote I was referring to. It's really a stretch to interpret the bolded as anything but "I want to stay". It's one of the most direct quotes in the entire interview. But he also sounds like he has come to terms with the idea that he may not stay.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Avs ownership atm:

sg67ZzCz4Jjdc4AL_RVDYKScC18

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster

I've heard this type of talk before numerous different leagues ....Paul stasny. ... He wants to be gone. Just managing for appeared sake

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've heard this type of talk before numerous different leagues ....Paul stasny. ... He wants to be gone. Just managing for appeared sake

Everything that he says and the with the way he played, it seems like no one was more disappointed that Duchene wasn't traded on deadline day than Matt Duchene himself.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
It was funny when Sakic said that he does not have to talk to Duchene or Landy because he had never mentioned even trading them and does not need to talk to them. It was all other teams media that started all the trade rumors. Sakic was probably just listening to offers, but if the right deal happens to fall in place, then Dutchy deal for a top Dman like Hanifin or Trouba + 1st, or something like at least Carlo, +1st and a top prospect with no negotiations and don't take anything less. If Sakic keeps his word then he will be our GM for many years to come.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It was funny when Sakic said that he does not have to talk to Duchene or Landy because he had never mentioned even trading them and does not need to talk to them. It was all other teams media that started all the trade rumors. Sakic was probably just listening to offers, but if the right deal happens to fall in place, then Dutchy deal for a top Dman like Hanifin or Trouba + 1st, or something like at least Carlo, +1st and a top prospect with no negotiations and don't take anything less. If Sakic keeps his word then he will be our GM for many years to come.

I suggest you lower your expectations...the Avs would be ridiculously lucky to get Trouba straight up right now (and it won't happen), let alone Trouba+high 1st. If that's what Sakic sits around for then Duchene is going to end his contract as an Avalanche and walk as a UFA.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I suggest you lower your expectations...the Avs would be ridiculously lucky to get Trouba straight up right now (and it won't happen), let alone Trouba+high 1st. If that's what Sakic sits around for then Duchene is going to end his contract as an Avalanche and walk as a UFA.

Trouba is great, but yet not proved himself a top 2d. With all of Jets players, many good D and a decent offense, even Trouba and big buff were unable to get Jets in playoffs, plus signing a 2 year bridge deal, its not impossible to get a trade done with Jets.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It would be the Avs way if they trade Duchene this year. Stastny walked the year he had his wedding.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Trouba is great, but yet not proved himself a top 2d. With all of Jets players, many good D and a decent offense, even Trouba and big buff were unable to get Jets in playoffs, plus signing a 2 year bridge deal, its not impossible to get a trade done with Jets.

Trouba averaged 25 minutes a night, he's 23 years old, he's very good defensively, and he's Winnipeg's future on defense. He's not going anywhere, and we aren't getting him for Duchene.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Dutchy has still not hit his prime and I am just concerned that he might be 70 point player on a different team, that is why I feel that Dutchy's value needs to be sky high. If no trade is done, next year improves with youth in lineup, following year we would be totally freed of the players that we wanted to get rid off, maybe Dutchy will sign an extension during his last year of contract of 18-19 if this team improves. We just have too many pieces in place and just waiting for some contracts to end soon, hopefully a buyout too. Plus tons of Cap space to work with.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I hope he plays lights out in the WC with like Mack and T.Hall or something and regain a bit of his value for the draft. If he goes pointless or doesnt at least showcase his C/RW abilities , his value will just about tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad