Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
4th would still likely get McIssac who wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. ;)

Outside of a lopsided deal (which isn't going to happen), EJ shouldn't be traded. Along with that EJ isn't getting Drouin.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
4th would still likely get McIssac who wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. ;)

Outside of a lopsided deal (which isn't going to happen), EJ shouldn't be traded. Along with that EJ isn't getting Drouin.

Well, I didn't think Shattenkirk would ever get Drouin either, so...

Anyway, as much as I want to see EJ come back strong and lead us, I'm totally ready to build our defense around Zadorov and the other younger guys.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, I didn't think Shattenkirk would ever get Drouin either, so...

Anyway, as much as I want to see EJ come back strong and lead us, I'm totally ready to build our defense around Zadorov and the other younger guys.

Shatty has more value than EJ around the league. I'd take EJ personally, but that opinion is not widely shared.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Solid top 6 huh? The top 6 was getting filled out by guys who were on waivers this year. It's got potential but is hardly solid, and Duchene isn't likely to be around much longer.

It really just depends on when you expect this team to actually be good. They definitely have to fix the defense, but it's pretty reasonable to have doubts about EJ's longevity given the numerous leg injuries he's had to deal with. I'm really not expecting this team to be anywhere near ready to do anything for a few years at least, and those may be the last few good to great years EJ has left (if he can even stay healthy).

This is why we need Dahlin. Simple as that! :sarcasm:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I love how this board tears itself apart asking why Sakic hasn't fixed the D, then turns around and talks about trading one of the few proven defensemen we have for a good-but-not-great winger for our already pretty solid top six.

You're overlooking the fact that people want to do both. There isn't one person that thinks they should trade Barrie for Drouin, and not bring in any new defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->