Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Another way to think about the scout in Ontario...is it possible that this scout lives in California and is looking at the other teams rolling through? It was Milwaukee at San Jose that lead to the trade to bring Girard in.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 34m34 minutes ago
More
Colorado Avalanche also had a scout at the Reign game tonight. Been a rather frequent occurrence of late.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Interesting, AVs scouts still at Kings' AHL affilaite Ontario games. Ladue had 7 shots one game last week, when Avs scouts were there. He had a goal last night. No points today's afternoon game. Guess they could be looking at Amadio, Kempe, Brodzinski too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Another way to think about the scout in Ontario...is it possible that this scout lives in California and is looking at the other teams rolling through? It was Milwaukee at San Jose that lead to the trade to bring Girard in.

Some journalist posted a joke on Twitter about finding the AVS scouts a house in CA last week...

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

This is a good assumption. Sometimes it's just easier to let the teams come to you as it saves on travel money.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is a good assumption. Sometimes it's just easier to let the teams come to you as it saves on travel money.

Yeah but if that was the case the Reign journalists would have noticed his constant presence at the games before. Unless he moved there very recently coincidentally in the heat of the AVS/Kings trade rumors.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Trying to unload EJ because he'll be past his prime when the team is ready and then trying to sign Shatty at an even longer, higher cap hit doesn't make the slightest of sense. That could hurt us so much when we'll need his cap money down the road.

I know fans in general want to win ASAP and care little about long term (just reading the GDT's is pretty revealing) but I sure hope that Sakic will resist the temptation.

I think trying to unload Johnson would be a mistake. I think you want a slightly more veteran (not decrepit like Beauchemin/Tyutin) defense supporting what will likely soon be a very young group up front.

Also, even if the situation reaches the peak of ineptness (meaning, consecutive years of drafting in the top 3-5, like the Oilers recently experienced), Johnson - and in this case Shattenkirk - will still have buku trade value in 2-3 years.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The former.

Well, that's a 4,378,389,490% better idea than trading picks/prospects/goodplayers for him.

Bottom line (IMO): The Avs need to get an actual top 4 NHL defenseman in return for Duchene or Landeskog. Not a prospect. An actual young NHL player.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think trying to unload Johnson would be a mistake. I think you want a slightly more veteran (not decrepit like Beauchemin/Tyutin) defense supporting what will likely soon be a very young group up front.

Also, even if the situation reaches the peak of ineptness (meaning, consecutive years of drafting in the top 3-5, like the Oilers recently experienced), Johnson - and in this case Shattenkirk - will still have buku trade value in 2-3 years.

Trade him in 2-3 years? How about we sign our overpaid, long term UFA in 2-3 years instead? It's much smarter to profit from the prime years of our UFA's before their contract become a burden than wasting the good years on a rebuilding team and then getting stuck with an older player on a huge contract when the team needs the cap room. I understand needing vets for the kids, but a very expensive, overly offensive dman that isn't very good defensively isn't exactly the kind of calming vet presence that we need now.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Can we change a whole lot, with just a draft pick, some in house rookies & sweating out the boils left hanging around. Say we do nothing but draft Nolan Patrick, and use our rookies. Would this team be satisfactory?

Gabriel Landeskog (5.571) - Nathan Mackinnon (6.3) - Mikko Rantanen (1.627)
Tyson Jost (1.60) - Matt Duchene (6.0) - Nolan Patrick (3.375)
A J Greer (0.75) - Carl Soderberg (4.75) - Mikhail Grigorenko (1.5)
Matt Nieto (1.2) - J T Compher (1.0) - Blake Comeau (2.40)
Joe Colborne (2.5)

Nikita Zadorov (2.5) - Erik Johnson (6.0)
Francois Beauchemin (4.5) - Tyson Barrie (5.5)
Cody Goloubef (1.0) - Chris Bigras (0.863)
Eric Gelinas (1.8)

Semyon Varlamov (5.9)
Calvin Pickard (1.0)

Other: Cody Mcleod (1.25)

(Cap Hit: 68.886M)
Estimated Cap: 73.1M

Cap Space: 4.214M

Following year ends Beauchemin, Colborne and Comeau contracts.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've been thinking about the Sabres thing...

IF we trade both Duchene and Landy, would you guys get behind trading one of them for a good D prospect (ie: Hanifin) and the other to Buffalo for their 1st+? Having two lottery picks sounds pretty damn nice isn't it?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I just want to see a minor deal with the Kings already so I can stop worrying about the Avs trading Landeskog/Duchene for their underwhelming prospects.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Trade him in 2-3 years? How about we sign our overpaid, long term UFA in 2-3 years instead? It's much smarter to profit from the prime years of our UFA's before their contract become a burden than wasting the good years on a rebuilding team and then getting stuck with an older player on a huge contract when the team needs the cap room. I understand needing vets for the kids, but a very expensive, overly offensive dman that isn't very good defensively isn't exactly the kind of calming vet presence that we need now.

Shattenkirk is just turning 28 later this month, and imo doesn't strike me as a guy whose game will fall off. If that holds true, he's a guy you can still flip for a 1st round pick at age 31/32, given how sought after top-4 defensemen have been the past half decade.

He either becomes a valuable part of the resurgence, or you move him if the team remains in the dumpster.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Also, not sure if it was discussed here but the Kings traded for Cam Schilling who's a LHD yesterday and it doesn't make any sense (both AHL and NHL) according to their fans.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
c'mon, we all know Duchene for ROR is happening. Buffalo is planning for cap space in 2018-19. The real plan all along was to get ROR signed for under $8m and Sakic had to outsource to a 3rd party to get it done.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
c'mon, we all know Duchene for ROR is happening. Buffalo is planning for cap space in 2018-19. The real plan all along was to get ROR signed for under $8m and Sakic had to outsource to a 3rd party to get it done.

Trade Duchene for ROR, 2.5 years from now sign Duchene as a UFA, walk away with Duchene, ROR, Zadorov, Compher, Greer, and Grigorenko :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just went to the Kings board to see what was being said about the Avs scouting Ontario again...

Was not a good idea at all. They think they're getting Landeskog for literally peanuts.

They dont even think they need to include Ladue to make a trade just an AHL Dman and a pretty below average prospect instead, and they think we'd retain 50% on Landeskog as well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just went to the Kings board to see what was being said about the Avs scouting Ontario again...

Was not a good idea at all. They think they're getting Landeskog for literally peanuts.

They dont even think they need to include Ladue to make a trade just an AHL Dman and a pretty below average prospect instead, and they think we'd retain 50% on Landeskog as well.

Yeah that is a mistake sometimes... The Bruin's board isn't that bad, and neither is the Canes. A couple guys hoping they could get Landeskog for a larger futures package, but generally lucid discussion.

As a person who was born in California, and moved away (at 11). Holy **** I'm glad I did before the smoke from all those Forrest fires damaged my brain.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Can we change a whole lot, with just a draft pick, some in house rookies & sweating out the boils left hanging around. Say we do nothing but draft Nolan Patrick, and use our rookies. Would this team be satisfactory?

Gabriel Landeskog (5.571) - Nathan Mackinnon (6.3) - Mikko Rantanen (1.627)
Tyson Jost (1.60) - Matt Duchene (6.0) - Nolan Patrick (3.375)
A J Greer (0.75) - Carl Soderberg (4.75) - Mikhail Grigorenko (1.5)
Matt Nieto (1.2) - J T Compher (1.0) - Blake Comeau (2.40)
Joe Colborne (2.5)

Nikita Zadorov (2.5) - Erik Johnson (6.0)
Francois Beauchemin (4.5) - Tyson Barrie (5.5)
Cody Goloubef (1.0) - Chris Bigras (0.863)
Eric Gelinas (1.8)

Semyon Varlamov (5.9)
Calvin Pickard (1.0)

Other: Cody Mcleod (1.25)

(Cap Hit: 68.886M)
Estimated Cap: 73.1M

Cap Space: 4.214M

Following year ends Beauchemin, Colborne and Comeau contracts.

Second line won't be that good. Neither will the third. Fourth could actually be alright. Second and third d pairings would be terrible. One more top pick. They might turn it around the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad