Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol Kings fans actually think this LaDue is untouchable when it comes to Landeskog, too.

He's 24 years old and still in the AHL, if he's getting traded he's either a throw-in for a larger deal or he's being moved for a pending UFA.

Don't tell Kings fans that, though. Pearson + LaDue = Landeskog+, apparently.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Lol Kings fans actually think this LaDue is untouchable when it comes to Landeskog, too.

He's 24 years old and still in the AHL, if he's getting traded he's either a throw-in for a larger deal or he's being moved for a pending UFA.

Don't tell Kings fans that, though. Pearson + LaDue = Landeskog+, apparently.

Some may be saying Ladue is untouchable, but fans throw conjecture out there. Where that comes from, is from a Twitter poster that has contacts in the Kings' organization...and what came out was actually "when speaking with my contacts, some say Ladue is untouchable and some say otherwise". This means that Lombardi is very high on him and it is known asst GM Rob Blake went to visit Ladue and family after his Jr year at ND and tried to get him to sign...but of course, respected if Ladue wanted to finish his Sr year. (Blake would understand, having played college hockey) They really wanted him to go pro. The reason why Ladue is 24 and in his first pro year, is that he played USHL and then played 4 yrs of college. Oh well. Some say he was the best Kings' defenseman in training camp and preseason games. That's pretty impressive. Look the AVs have scouts watching every Ontario game.

Regarding Pearson. He had a few AHL games under his belt and went on the score 12 points in the 2014 CUP win. I would surmise that very few rookies have ever scored 12 points in their first playoffs. The main reason the Kings missed the 2015 playoffs, was that he broke his leg in Janaury and missed the rest of the season. He tried to come back and the staff marveled he almost pulled it off, a month ahead of schedule. He'll be a 20 goal scorer this year and may be the fastest skater on the team - faster than Carter. Plays in all situations and a very solid player. Scores lots of OT goals. I do not think they will trade him. Not saying he's untouchable, or that anyone is.

Re: myself. Born and raised in LA and had season seats in LA, up to the year I left there and came to Denver in 2006. I follow both teams closely and know how good ALL the players are on both teams. Since thr Kings won 2 cups recently, I am equal fans of both teams, and want to see the AVs rise...that said, I have Kings blood forever. Also, I have yet to see Ladue in person. I can say one thing - the Kings are very good at developing defensemen: Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and now Forbert, McNabb , Gravel and Ladue. There's a reason organizations look at the King D prospects...they are well trained and are not liabilities on the ice. Ladue is not 6'1" 186 as the article states. His wt is 205 or so.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Some may be saying Ladue is untouchable, but fans throw conjecture out there. Where that comes from, is from a Twitter poster that has contacts in the Kings' organization...and what came out was actually "when speaking with my contacts, some say Ladue is untouchable and some say otherwise". This means that Lombardi is very high on him and it is known asst GM Rob Blake went to visit Ladue and family after his Jr year at ND and tried to get him to sign...but of course, respected if Ladue wanted to finish his Sr year. (Blake would understand, having played college hockey) They really wanted him to go pro. The reason why Ladue is 24 and in his first pro year, is that he played USHL and then played 4 yrs of college. Oh well. Some say he was the best Kings' defenseman in training camp and preseason games. That's pretty impressive. Look the AVs have scouts watching every Ontario game.

Regarding Pearson. He had a few AHL games under his belt and went on the score 12 points in the 2014 CUP win. The main reason the Kings missed the 2015 playoffs, was that he broke his leg and missed the rest of the season. He'll be a 20 goal scorer this year and may be the fastest skater on the team - faster than Carter. Plays in all situations and a very solid player. Scores lots of OT goals. I do not think they will trade him. Not saying he's untouchable, or that anyone is.

Re: myself. Born and raised in LA and had season seats in LA, up to the year I left there and came to Denver in 2006. I follow both teams closely and know how good ALL the players are on both teams. Since thr Kings won 2 cups recently, I am equal fans of both teams, and want to see the AVs rise...that said, I have Kings blood forever. Also, I have yet to see Ladue in person. I can say one thing - the Kings are very good at developing defensemen: Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and now Forbert, McNabb , Gravel and Ladue. There's a reason organizations look at the King D prospects...they are well trained and are not liabilities on the ice. Ladue is not 6'1" 186 as the article states. His wt is 205 or so.

He must hang out with Zadorov, Martinsen and the hamburglar himself Alex Pepin during the offseasons.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kings fan here.

The whole LaDue thing isn't a value argument. Clearly Landeskog would be worth more then LaDue. It's an organizational need issue. The Kings have had Martinez (LHD) playing on the right side since Voynov was arrested and the fans are tired of having a hole in the roster on the RHD behind Doughty. Since that's happened the Kings have traded for Sekera, L.Schenn, have traded away C.Miller (BOS) and McKeown (CAR) both RHD, and LaDue is about the only thing that's close to filling that hole. The fans just want that hole finally filled. The only way we can rationalize trading LaDue is if something is coming back for the 2nd pair.

Also with the way the Kings diving right now in the standings with still no word on Quick's return, or even that's he's started practicing, I'm really in doubt that they're looking for rentals.

Oh yeah, and 99% of us don't think Col will retain on Landeskog, wherever he goes.

Good luck and I hope whatever happens works out for you guys! :)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Kings fan here.

The whole LaDue thing isn't a value argument. Clearly Landeskog would be worth more then LaDue. It's an organizational need issue. The Kings have had Martinez (LHD) playing on the right side since Voynov was arrested and the fans are tired of having a hole in the roster on the RHD behind Doughty. Since that's happened the Kings have traded for Sekera, L.Schenn, have traded away C.Miller (BOS) and McKeown (CAR) both RHD, and LaDue is about the only thing that's close to filling that hole. The fans just want that hole finally filled. The only way we can rationalize trading LaDue is if something is coming back for the 2nd pair.

Also with the way the Kings diving right now in the standings with still no word on Quick's return, or even that's he's started practicing, I'm really in doubt that they're looking for rentals.

Oh yeah, and 99% of us don't think Col will retain on Landeskog, wherever he goes.

Good luck and I hope whatever happens works out for you guys! :)

Are you implying Landeskog is a rental?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Are you implying Landeskog is a rental?

No. He's signed for 3-4 years, but other guys like Iggy that are UFA after the year.

This current road trip the Kings are on could be the final nail in the coffin for this season. :( They've been playing pretty well, just isn't good enough to make up for things like Quick being out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Kings are just a bad fit. There's some teams where you could look at a young defenseman on the roster or a top prospect and think you could build something around that one piece. With the Kings though, I wouldn't even do it for their three top prospects because I don't think there's a can't miss player there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The thing I don't understand about LaDue is that, if he's untouchable due to organizational need and by all accounts is playing well in the AHL, why on earth is he not playing for the Kings? Why force Alec Martinez to play the right side when you have a 24 year old right-side defensemen just sitting in the minors? It's not like he's some real young kid here. Hell, he's 2 months older than Landeskog himself.

So, if it's "untouchable due to organizational need", then sure, I can buy that. But if someone like LaDue IS traded, I'd wager a ton that he'll be a throw-in or dealt for a pending UFA, not a main component of a big deal

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The thing I don't understand about LaDue is that, if he's untouchable due to organizational need and by all accounts is playing well in the AHL, why on earth is he not playing for the Kings? Why force Alec Martinez to play the right side when you have a 24 year old right-side defensemen just sitting in the minors? It's not like he's some real young kid here. Hell, he's 2 months older than Landeskog himself.

So, if it's "untouchable due to organizational need", then sure, I can buy that. But if someone like LaDue IS traded, I'd wager a ton that he'll be a throw-in or dealt for a pending UFA, not a main component of a big deal

I hear ya. Sutter is slow to incorporate rookies. He already has Forbert playing top pairing minutes as a rookie wit Doughty and Gravel playing each night with Tom Gilbert and Matt Greene not dressed. No way they play 3 rookies on D. Also, Forbert and Gravel played 2-3 yrs in the AHL and won the Calder Cup there, in 2015. This is Ladue's first full pro season.

Ladue just finished hic SR yr at ND and won the championship. It's just that he played USHL and then 4 yrs of college and he's 24.
No one is saying he is the major piece, but he's no throw in. Coach Stothers in Ontario does not throw around much praise and he's saying Ladue has a helluva future ahead of him. If the AVs were NOT intrigued, they would not be having scouts there for over 2 weeks, every game, it seems.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is a good article from Ottawa. They mention chabot and white. This is why getting talked into one decent AHLer from LA doesn't make much sense.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hoc...att-duchene-looms-as-possibility-for-senators

I agree with the point that LaDue isn't a throw in but he's not a main piece either. That's where the issue lies. But y'all can't fault us for preferring the Chanot ilk as the return for our franchise players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No carolina scout again tonight :(:(
Around this time, a lot of teams are currently conducting or finishing up their winter scout meetings.

Avs just did their amateur scout ranking and team direction (where they probably talked about multitude of potential situations to do) meeting this past weekend in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino