Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Apparently Claude Julien just said publicly that his team is "not talented enough". This is basically a shot at management...if someone had any doubt that his days in Boston were numbered before...

Edit: More BS from Eklund?

Buffalo???

LOL at "Top Source in Colorado"

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hammer, brock nelson, kieffer bellows

Our only untouchables are jt, leddy, barzal, sorokin

C'mon dude, you know that offer is not gonna get it done. Hamonic + Barzal for Duchene with picks on both sides is probably what gets Sakic listening.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
LOL at "Top Source in Colorado"

:laugh:

Well if he's going to Buffalo they'd have no reason to make that trade before the draft. Is there anything remotely interesting in Buffalo? Risto is probably as untouchable as Eichel so not him.

Buffalo doesn't make sense for us but they are pretty desperate at the moment so who knows what kind of offer they could throw at us. Reinhart + unprotected 1st + ?? ...maybe ROR had good words for Duchene? :huh:

It's Eklund, though...so yeah.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs have another scout at the Ontario Reign game...

They've been watching them pretty religiously, haven't they? Definetely watching someone there, and while it might just be another Gelinas situation, it is quite interesting. Unfortunate too, because I really don't want to trade with the Kings.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wasn't able to keep up with things on any of my favorite teams outside of the playoffs for most of my childhood, so I'm used to that. To me it's more about the passion when you do get a chance to see them live, like when I was one of 7 avs jersey in the United Center when Varly snapped Kane's streak, or singing with the crowd any time I'm in Berlin and go to watch Union play at the Alte Forsterei; about how informed you stay; and about the feeling in your heart when you watch teams play. I've never even come close to rooting against the avs when watching them play the Sabres or Blackhawks, even though those two are the local teams I've actually adopted and still care about. That's why I know I'm an avs fan who likes the Sabres & Hawks, not a Hawks/Sabres fan who likes the avs.

It's also weird for me because my favorite team will probably always be too hipster to play in the first division of german football so I've always had to adopt secondary teams to follow in the top division; yet any time one of the teams I was a fan of (but who weren't Union) got paired with Union in the German cup, who my heart cared most for was clear. That impulse to cheer for one side over another + how informed you are is what makes a true fan; not watching X games a season, attending Y games in person, or living Z miles away.

Oh I know what you mean. I think some of us are just a 'fan of the sport' so the reasons for watching and following other teams comes easy.

It felt the same way for me being in Tampa, as I would root for Tampa when they didn't play Colorado, but I never got as deep into their prospects/coaching and what not that we all follow about the Avs here. I've never went over to their board and hung out lol, the most I did was post some tickets once.

I find it really interesting how extremely loyal to Colorado I am, despite liking a few other teams, and even having more personal connections to them. My first live NHL game was in Pittsburgh when Super Mario still played. Pit lost me as a fan over the years because I didn't like how they were managed after their Cup runs against Detroit. You'd think that would happen with how jacked up this franchise has been for so long, but nope.

Some days I feel like a damn crack addict when it comes to this team, and I just can't turn the give a **** off lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
They've been watching them pretty religiously, haven't they? Definetely watching someone there, and while it might just be another Gelinas situation, it is quite interesting. Unfortunate too, because I really don't want to trade with the Kings.

The Avs have practically set up residence at Ontario games (and even had a long stretch of Kings games in there). It may end up being nothing, but on its own, you don't scout THIS much unless you're seriously considering making a move with them.

It could be something around Landeskog, or it could be something smaller (like a UFA rental).

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs have practically set up residence at Ontario games (and even had a long stretch of Kings games in there). It may end up being nothing, but on its own, you don't scout THIS much unless you're seriously considering making a move with them.

It could be something around Landeskog, or it could be something smaller (like a UFA rental).

Most (all) of our UFA rentals are garbage though...would they genuinely care this much about the C tier prospect they will likely get back? Unless Lombardi and the rest of the league are out of their minds and are over-valuing Iginla to the point he actually gets a pretty decent prospect back, but it seems a bit much for the quality our UFA's should get.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
:laugh:

Well if he's going to Buffalo they'd have no reason to make that trade before the draft. Is there anything remotely interesting in Buffalo? Risto is probably as untouchable as Eichel so not him.

Buffalo doesn't make sense for us but they are pretty desperate at the moment so who knows what kind of offer they could throw at us. Reinhart + unprotected 1st + ?? ...maybe ROR had good words for Duchene? :huh:

It's Eklund, though...so yeah.

Not to scare you or anyone else... However Eklund's area of the map that he does actually seem to have legit sources is Philly/Buffalo/Montreal. When he mentions those teams usually I take notice.

What seems off is him relating it to a source out of Colorado lol. Adrian Dater can barely get reliable information from them. If he would have said his sources were from the East it would be a lot more believable.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

This is getting bizarre. Only logical explanation I can see at this point is they are waiting at the deadline to make the trade and they plan to accept the LAK offer. They scout their farm team to be 100% sure when it's time to pull the trigger.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Most (all) of our UFA rentals are garbage though...would they genuinely care this much about the C tier prospect they will likely get back? Unless Lombardi and the rest of the league are out of their minds and are over-valuing Iginla to the point he actually gets a pretty decent prospect back, but it seems a bit much for the quality our UFA's should get.

It may be hard to believe, but Iginla, Beauchemin, and Tyutin could garner some decent-ish returns....mainly dealing in picks and/or prospects. Now, don't get me wrong, no one is going to trade a bonafide A-level prospect for any of them, but a decent level pick or prospect? It's not completely out of the question (from what I've heard).

Now...does that mean that it's a guarantee those guys move? No, it's not. Despite the different stuff I've heard, I'm skeptical Beauchemin gets moved. But I DO think Iginla will, and will be a deadline deal (so the Avs will have absorbed as much of his cap hit as possible), and even though for some teams it may not be necessary, I'm very confident they'll be retaining even more of a cap hit. And Tyutin is a perfect deadline acquisition...should be good for at least a 3rd, maybe getting up into a 2nd.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not to scare you or anyone else... However Eklund's area of the map that he does actually seem to have legit sources is Philly/Buffalo/Montreal. When he mentions those teams usually I take notice.

What seems off is him relating it to a source out of Colorado lol. Adrian Dater can barely get reliable information from them. If he would have said his sources were from the East it would be a lot more believable.

Saying it's from Colorado would also be an effective way to protect his real source from the East. Not that I believe him for a second there but still...we all know he doesn't have a top source in Colorado. No one does.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I don't buy that Eklund has sources at all. The only claim he has is Carter / Richards, but if you remember, Columbus' beat writer, Aaron Portzline, had mentioned the rumors of Carter to CBJ (as had many others), including some of the pieces involved, a week+ before. Eklund "calling" that was really nothing at all. The only actual claim he has, in my view, is saying minutes later that it sounded like Richards might be on the move too - but I'm dubious there as well, because 1) Richards' name had been brought up before, and 2) it easily could have been EK just spouting yet another BS rumour out and, for once, getting lucky. Even if you're generous and say the guy has called a handful of things, the amount of rumours he has turned out at this point has to be in the thousands. To me, everything he says is 100% garbage. He's a con man who has someone convinced the people that run this site he is legit. It's unbelievable.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I don't buy that Eklund has sources at all. The only claim he has is Carter / Richards, but if you remember, Columbus' beat writer, Aaron Portzline, had mentioned the rumors of Carter to CBJ (as had many others), including some of the pieces involved, a week+ before. Eklund "calling" that was really nothing at all. The only actual claim he has, in my view, is saying minutes later that it sounded like Richards might be on the move too - but I'm dubious there as well, because 1) Richards' name had been brought up before, and 2) it easily could have been EK just spouting yet another BS rumour out and, for once, getting lucky. Even if you're generous and say the guy has called a handful of things, the amount of rumours he has turned out at this point has to be in the thousands. To me, everything he says is 100% garbage. He's a con man who has someone convinced the people that run this site he is legit. It's unbelievable.

The fact he can draw people into giving him money amazes me....but each to their own. Would love to know his actual strike rate. I know someone did the math a few years back, and it wasn't pretty.

Honestly, as sad as this is, I rely on people here for my hockey news....I really think the media surrounding Avs Sssuuuucccckkksss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad