Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Last thread made it 6 days, good job everyone. Let's kick this one off with some Iggy peddling.

@CraigCustance Where is Iginla likely to end up? — Stefan Wolejszo (@StefanWolejszo) January 12, 2017
Another good question. I pitched Iginla’s name to a Cup contender who is looking for a forward and got a lukewarm response. If you’re a team that struggles with speed, he’s probably not the direction you want to go. But if you’re a young, fast team with skill and want a little more size and experience, he’d be a good addition. “I think he’s got something left,†said another executive. “You’re going to get a motivated guy.†The fit I like best is in Edmonton. He'd be another veteran in a young room, and it would be a potential storybook finish for the Alberta native.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I could see the Oilers being a fit and I could also see Iginla saying no thank you.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Last thread made it 6 days, good job everyone. Let's kick this one off with some Iggy peddling.

Found him !
hqdefault.jpg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I see absolutely no reason to say no.

Because he won't win a cup there? Not this season anyway. I'd rather he goes to Montreal, Washington or Chicago and have a real chance to pull a Bourque and walk out on top.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Has Puljujärvi scored 616 goals in this league? No? I thought so. I'd be very hesitant to trade Iggy for him. We'd be doing the Oilers a favour here.
Favour? What kind of favour because I don't see any. Iggy will be 40 on July 1st, he is as close to retirement as you can be. Puljujärvi has just begin his NHL career, he is not even 19 years old and has some bright future in front of him. He won't score 616 probably but I can bet that if we just count from now until end of both player careers Puljujärvi has more goals, assists and points than Iggy who may retire after this season. Oilers would be stupid to trade blue-chip prospect for 40 years old rental.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Favour? What kind of favour because I don't see any. Iggy will be 40 on July 1st, he is as close to retirement as you can be. Puljujärvi has just begin his NHL career, he is not even 19 years old and has some bright future in front of him. He won't score 616 probably but I can bet that if we just count from now until end of both player careers Puljujärvi has more goals, assists and points than Iggy who may retire after this season. Oilers would be stupid to trade blue-chip prospect for 40 years old rental.

thatsthejoke.jpg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Duchene is number one on TSN's Trade Bait board (as of right now), Landeskog is number 5 (or number 4...the numbering is off)

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I think 2017 is the year Duchene does not survive the rumor mill and is actually traded. Hanifin for Duchene makes too much sense at this points. The team needs, the scouting patterns, the stages of rebuild.

There is risk that Hanifin never becomes a top pairing guy, and a risk that Duchene bolts in 2.5 years but the avs are in a prime position to be gauranteed to draft a second line center this year (Patrick, Hischier, Rasmussen) and have some legitimately decent pieces in place (lando, mack, jost, rantanen, tb4, EJ, hopefully one of the goalies, bigras, zadorov) to be a playoff team sooner.

I can see it being hanifin for duchene with a conditional 2nd/3rd to avs if Carolina makes the playoffs.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I think 2017 is the year Duchene does not survive the rumor mill and is actually traded. Hanifin for Duchene makes too much sense at this points. The team needs, the scouting patterns, the stages of rebuild.

There is risk that Hanifin never becomes a top pairing guy, and a risk that Duchene bolts in 2.5 years but the avs are in a prime position to be gauranteed to draft a second line center this year (Patrick, Hischier, Rasmussen) and have some legitimately decent pieces in place (lando, mack, jost, rantanen, tb4, EJ, hopefully one of the goalies, bigras, zadorov) to be a playoff team sooner.

I can see it being hanifin for duchene with a conditional 2nd/3rd to avs if Carolina makes the playoffs.

I just want Nicolas Roy to be part of that deal somehow. If he somehow transitioned to NHL quality hockey, he is exactly what we need - a huge Centermen.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Hopefully Duchene-Hanifin turns out like O'Reilly-Zadorov.
That's be great. So if ROR + McGinn = Z + Compher + 31OA + Grigo...

MD + ?? = Hanifin + Roy + CAR 2nd '17 + ??

I guess the ? are the balancing pieces. But does the base make sense?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Duchene is number one on TSN's Trade Bait board (as of right now), Landeskog is number 5 (or number 4...the numbering is off)

I never understand those lists.

They are always terrible.

What is the logic behind them?

The most valuable guy most likely to be traded at #1?

How do you create that list? How do you weight the two?

I mean Vanek over Landeskog is a joke unless you believe Vanek is way more likely to be traded and that figures into the ranking.

Eberle over Shattenkirk?

Why?

Can anyone help me out?

@Stazz21:

I don't see it. I think Hanifin for Duchene is fine and in the same mold as RyJo for Jones was almost exactly 1 year ago. I think Hanifin in general is and always has been higher regarded than Zads so that is not the best blueprint.

If we get a Lindholm / Roy or Gauthier added, Avs probably will have to add a Bigras (if its Lindholm), Meloche or Compher depending on what the Canes want.

Maybe we get lucky and Grigo does the trick but I doubt it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get Custance's answer.

If you're a team struggling with speed, you stay away from Iginla but if you're a young, fast team with skill you go after him?

I think it's the exact opposite. There's a reason he worked so well in Boston. If you're a bigger, slower team I think that'll fit Iginla a lot better than a team with speed and skill.

Can you imagine him on the Oilers? Can't keep up with McDavid, can't keep up with Nugent-Hopkins, already he's on the 3rd line and we know how bad he is at playing a bottom-6 role. He needs a bigger, slower team. I predicted Los Angeles and I'm sticking with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad