Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
On the Boston thread, a poster posted the following:

"If you would like more information, Kirk Luedeke held a Reddit discussion yesterday about potential forwards the Bruins should look into, and Landeskog's name popped up: https://www.reddit.com/r/BostonBruins/comments/5ls93x/ohfensename_some_forwards_as_realistic_trade/

Quick Summary:
1. Bruins have been active in discussions with other teams around the league.
2. Bruins have to give to receive.
2. The Avalanche want an NHL-ready defenseman.
3. The Avalanche are not interested in Spooner or other Bruins prospects as the main piece going back.
4. Avalanche want a NHL-ready defenseman + prospect + pick.
4. The Avalanche want an NHL-ready defenseman and want Carlo.
3. The Bruins consider Carlo to be untouchable and are countering with different options.
4. Asking price from Colorado could be Carlo + Lauzon/Zboril/DeBrusk + BOS 2017 1st"

I believe that Kirk Luedeke is the same poster that used the handle KirkNESN or some variation thereof for years on the Boston board. He always seemed to have more legitimate inside information. One of the few that I thought was a legit insider on these boards.

Makes me feel a little better after reading the Reddit discussion.

That

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Iginla on a trade:

“The deadline is still a couple of months off, so lots of things can change, but that’s part of the game and part of sports, and it’s also good for an organization, teams at the deadline, whether they’re in or out, to try to get assets back,” said Iginla. “I know how that works.”

On winning a ring:

“Absolutely, it’s still the dream,” he said, “and I think it’s still possible. We’ll see what happens. I would love it. I would really appreciate it. I realize, over all the years, how many good things have to come together and how fortunate the people that win it are. I’d love to do that, and I still think it’s possible.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/another-jarome-iginla-move-seems-likely-as-avalanche-struggle/article33490431/

Sounds like a guy who would be open to a move.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Imagine trading Landy + Duchene to Montreal + Boston and coming out with Sergachev + Carlo + Zboril + Scherbak + BOS 1st + MTL 1st out of it all.

Our Defense would instantly go from a weakness to an absolutely massive strength. Use our 1st on one of Hischier/Patrick this year, and use Boston/Montreal 1sts on forwards as well.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Imagine trading Landy + Duchene to Montreal + Boston and coming out with Sergachev + Carlo + Zboril + Scherbak + BOS 1st + MTL 1st out of it all.

Our Defense would instantly go from a weakness to an absolutely massive strength. Use our 1st on one of Hischier/Patrick this year, and use Boston/Montreal 1sts on forwards as well.

All three defenseman have a total of 43 NHL games under their belts, combined, with 40 of those going to Carlo. Let's pump the brakes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
All three defenseman have a total of 43 NHL games under their belts, combined, with 40 of those going to Carlo. Let's pump the brakes.

Sure, but Carlo in those 40 games is already a Top pairing Dman playing some very tough minutes on a good playoff team in Boston.

Sergachev is a Top 5 D prospect in the game right now. And this isn't the NHL of 10-15 years ago where scouting wasn't as strong and even the best prospects had lots of questions to there games. We have a very good idea already of the player Sergachev is and the player he projects to be, which is at least a Top 4 Dman in the NHL.

Zboril is more of a question mark sure, but he's still a very good young Dman with lots of potential.

Between the Three of them we would almost certainly come out with at least 1 that becomes a good Top pairing Dman, and most likely another 1/3 becoming at least a good Top 4 Dman.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

True, but its not about now anyway. Not for or against those deals but getting that
kind of infusion on talent in the pipeline would be a great addition to what little
D talent we do have. In a couple years we could have a nice group as long we keep
drafting D.
D D D and more D hooray

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Carlo really going to step in here and be a #1? What really has he done more than Z? He doesn't have the offensive game either, he never has. He's playing with Chara because they have nobody else and he needs someone young with him. So yeah I have a hard time seeing he satisfies the NHL defenseman component. I get that from Boston that's the best they have to satisfy it.

Nice that my feelings that it's going to take NHL D + top prospect to get it done were confirmed.

I read that thread, another thing he said is the Avs have to get D heavy package back, not looking for forward heavy return. Also, Avs aren't interested in Krug.

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, you're basically selling low on both Landeskog and Duchene, that's not a smart move. Unless there's a legitimate #1 D prospect (Sergachev/Hanifin/Slavin) I don't want any part of it. Carlo, to me, isn't that guy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is Carlo really going to step in here and be a #1? What really has he done more than Z? He doesn't have the offensive game either, he never has. He's playing with Chara because they have nobody else and he needs someone young with him. So yeah I have a hard time seeing he satisfies the NHL defenseman component. I get that from Boston that's the best they have to satisfy it.

Nice that my feelings that it's going to take NHL D + top prospect to get it done were confirmed.

I read that thread, another thing he said is the Avs have to get D heavy package back, not looking for forward heavy return. Also, Avs aren't interested in Krug.

Wanting the main piece to be a young stud D makes sense but after that they shouldn't worry about the position. They should just go for the prospect/young player they think has the highest potential. We need everything.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, if the guy thinks Landeskog would get traded to the Bruins but Carlo wouldn't be coming back, I think he's nuts.

I understand someone like Friedman doesn't have very many sources in Denver, but if he comes out and says Sakic has stated the asking price is very high and they'll need to be blown away by an offer, I believe it. He specifically used the sentence "People would look at the trade and go 'ah hah, I see why they did that'" when discussing the Avs trading Landeskog/Duchene.

So, no, I don't buy for one second that a deal with the Bruins would involve anything less than Carlo + 1st + something else.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

I imagined it. But it seems a bit more like a nightmare.

Carlo is not a top pairing dman. He's probably gonna be an elite defensive dman. Which is a #2 at best on teams with a top pair offensive guy to play him with.

Think Tampa or maybe Toronto who need some RHD help.

Definitely not down to trade two proven top line forwards (at their best) on bad seasons both in their early prime if not even before their prime. All for some maybes. Not even top 3 pick surefire stud maybes either.

That's the epitome of selling low and buying high. Do more of the opposite

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'd be very sad about moving Landeskog, rather not do that at all, but I would welcome futures trades. Make all the futures trades you can, the veterans on this team aren't particularly needed.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'd be very sad about moving Landeskog, rather not do that at all, but I would welcome futures trades. Make all the futures trades you can, the veterans on this team aren't particularly needed.

None of our core players are that bad. You have to keep them together and build a better (hmmm...how do I put this) work ethic of players around them.

Landeskog - Mackinnon - XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX - Duchene - Rantanen
Comeau - XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
XXXXXX - XXXXXXX

Pickard
XXXXXXXX

Is what you build around imo. Obviously, in the next 18 months, you add to that:

X Top 2 pick
X A J Greer
X Chris Bigras
X J T Compher
X Tyson Jost
X Duncan Siemens (possibly)

* You then also have a heap of cap space to add very quality players if you can convince them of coming here.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Carlo + Zboril + 1st would be a gold mine compared to the initial rumor. Glad they would stay away from Spooner, he'd add very little to this team.

Still - where does that leave us up front, long term without our one captain and one good defensive and physical forward. Going all in on defensive futures by selling Landeskog and/or Duchene and not receiving either a true #1 defender (as good as Carlo has been) or a high profile blue chip young forward? You gotta make sure to get a Barzal type for Duchene or Barrie at the very least if you do this full rebuild thing.

Is MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost, Patrick/Hischier, Greer, Compher really the offensive core you are building around? It may increase defensive depth dramatically but now your robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
None of our core players are that bad. You have to keep them together and build a better (hmmm...how do I put this) work ethic of players around them.

Landeskog - Mackinnon - XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX - Duchene - Rantanen
Comeau - XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
XXXXXX - XXXXXXX

Pickard
XXXXXXXX

Is what you build around imo. Obviously, in the next 18 months, you add to that:

X Top 2 pick
X A J Greer
X Chris Bigras
X J T Compher
X Tyson Jost
X Duncan Siemens (possibly)

* You then also have a heap of cap space to add very quality players if you can convince them of coming here.

Zadorov has to be with EJ. If he's not then that ROR trade was a bust. But it's looking like he could fit that role. Plus he'd be horrible with Tyson.

Other than that. If they can get just one big free agent to fill the xxxx next to Barrie. Alzner ideally. That'd help immensely. The forwards are coming imo. Rantanen and Jost with one more year of seasoning. Plus Patrick? It's a talented group to say the least.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Carlo + Zboril + 1st would be a gold mine compared to the initial rumor. Glad they would stay away from Spooner, he'd add very little to this team.

Still - where does that leave us up front, long term without our one captain and one good defensive and physical forward. Going all in on defensive futures by selling Landeskog and/or Duchene and not receiving either a true #1 defender (as good as Carlo has been) or a high profile blue chip young forward? You gotta make sure to get a Barzal type for Duchene or Barrie at the very least if you do this full rebuild thing.

Is MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost, Patrick/Hischier, Greer, Compher really the offensive core you are building around? It may increase defensive depth dramatically but now your robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Trading both of them and moving away from Varlamov would indicate that they are going into a full blown rebuild. If that's the case EJ should be moved as well.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Trading both of them and moving away from Varlamov would indicate that they are going into a full blown rebuild. If that's the case EJ should be moved as well.

Agreed. And if those guys mentioned above joined the team we'd have a full D-unit worth of youngins too.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Zadorov has to be with EJ. If he's not then that ROR trade was a bust. But it's looking like he could fit that role. Plus he'd be horrible with Tyson.

Other than that. If they can get just one big free agent to fill the xxxx next to Barrie. Alzner ideally. That'd help immensely. The forwards are coming imo. Rantanen and Jost with one more year of seasoning. Plus Patrick? It's a talented group to say the least.

Absolutely mate. And it's that light at the end of the tunnel I hope us Avs fan look forward to. Sucks for now, but man, when it turns, how great will be?

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
can we claim Nieto or we`d need to trade someone to open cap space? they should totally claim him, way better player (even when he is not producing offensively) than almost all our bottom-6ers.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think last night just reinforced how bad the Avs need to upgrade all areas of the PK, nevermind the fact that your core guys who are such huge disappointments to the fan base are having to expend so much energy on the PK and defensively.

Nieto would definitely be a step in that direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad