Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To change this up a bit, someone on the Bruins board - Dom (Dominic Tiano, apparently he covers the OHL and is well regarded over on their board - and who has been vetted by their mods, has been teasing Landeskog to the Bruins since yesterday. He also seems to be hinting neither Carlo or McAvoy would be part of it. Likely a bunch of nothing, but at least it's new ;)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
To change this up a bit, someone on the Bruins board - Dom (Dominic Tiano, apparently he covers the OHL and is well regarded over on their board - and who has been vetted by their mods, has been teasing Landeskog to the Bruins since yesterday. He also seems to be hinting neither Carlo or McAvoy would be part of it. Likely a bunch of nothing, but at least it's new ;)

Well I hate it already :D.

So lets hope it is just a rumor...

EDIT: Just checked it out.

Looks like I will start a FIRE SAKIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 trade soon and get myself banned in the process probably if that rumor is true.

Was nice being back, guys ..
Wish you well...

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

McAvoy is pretty good. One of the TSN guys even said (Ferraro i think) he might be ready to go next year...but take it with a grain.

If thats a part of the package, thats a good place to start.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Looks like I will start a FIRE SAKIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 trade soon and get myself banned in the process probably if that rumor is true.

Wish you well...

nuts

Avs44

May 16, 2011
McAvoy is pretty good. One of the TSN guys even said (Ferraro i think) he might be ready to go next year...but take it with a grain.

Based on what he's saying, he's kinda hinting neither McAvoy or Carlo would be part of it if it happened.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Wish you well...

Don't worry, if they trade Landeskog for purely a futures package and don't get a top defensive prospect back at the least I'll be right there with you :laugh:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

It sounds like the Avs would be getting absolutely fleeced in the deal from what he is hinting at.

He basically stated that no one but the complete homers would be mad at what they are giving up really.

So basically Spooner, Zboril and a 1st (probably best case scenario right here) or something like that which IMO is atrocious.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Not worried until it happens. There is no way the organization is going to go around telling people that Duchene and Landy are only available for an extremely high price and that the price is too high for teams like the Isles only to then trade one of them for a pile of magic beans right? I mean there's no way Sakic and company would set a super high bar for a return and then actually pull the trigger on dealing one of them for a pile of dung...right? Right???

Should I be worried that this scenario could happen?

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
It sounds like the Avs would be getting absolutely fleeced in the deal from what he is hinting at.

He basically stated that no one but the complete homers would be mad at what they are giving up really.

So basically Spooner, Zboril and a 1st (probably best case scenario right here) or something like that which IMO is atrocious.

I haven't watched Zboril play, but the talent analysis on Hockey's Future sounds pretty appealing.

"Zboril is one of the more NHL-ready defensemen playing in the CHL. The Czech native is a quick-moving skater who can get up and down the ice with ease and plays a sound defensive game. At 6’2†and 185 pounds, he doesn’t lack size and isn’t afraid to play a physical game. He is an above-average offensive defenseman at the junior level. Zboril owns a booming shot that can help a team’s power-play and is good at making proper outlet passes."

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

Yeah - if that's the kind of amazing return Sakic is looking to get then we will officially be at rock bottom. It's like a worse version of the ROR deal.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I haven't watched Zboril play, but the talent analysis on Hockey's Future sounds pretty appealing.

"Zboril is one of the more NHL-ready defensemen playing in the CHL. The Czech native is a quick-moving skater who can get up and down the ice with ease and plays a sound defensive game. At 6’2” and 185 pounds, he doesn’t lack size and isn’t afraid to play a physical game. He is an above-average offensive defenseman at the junior level. Zboril owns a booming shot that can help a team’s power-play and is good at making proper outlet passes."

A lot of guys sound appealing on their "talent analysis". He's not the blue chip defender we are looking for. Not. Even. Close. (Edit - not trying to say he's not a good prospect but he's an add-on piece to an actual blue-chip young player in any kind of deal - or should be. In this offer, he's basically the highlight.

To talk with Boston's GM about a deal with one of our core players and have them take their two best young defensive assets off the table right from the start and then to continue talking to them and actual accept a deal without Carlo or McAvoy is completely indefensible, if it were to play out like that. And I'd want more than either of those two as well. Considerably more. But not getting at least one + would be a stupendous panic move and a seasoned, really good GM just roasting Joe alive. And people in Boston generally hate Sweeney.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Zboril is a pretty damn good prospect, but I wouldn't want him as the center piece in a Landy deal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

"Zboril is one of the more NHL-ready defensemen playing in the CHL. The Czech native is a quick-moving skater who can get up and down the ice with ease and plays a sound defensive game. At 6’2” and 185 pounds, he doesn’t lack size and isn’t afraid to play a physical game. He is an above-average offensive defenseman at the junior level. Zboril owns a booming shot that can help a team’s power-play and is good at making proper outlet passes."

He'd be a good piece to get, but I would in no way shape or form want him to be the center piece of a Duchene/Landy trade. There'd have to be another decent player coming from Boston to make that happen.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Could be Lauzon or Lindgren coming our way as well instead of Zboril.
That deal is just an assumption on my part.

He only stated that it would be mostly prospects, not Carlo or McAvoy and that the price would be very good for the Bruins.

And he seems to be awfully confident about it.

We will see.

I'll probably have nightmares of Bears tonight...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Could be Lauzon or Lindgren coming our way as well instead of Zboril.
That deal is just an assumption on my part.

He only stated that it would be mostly prospects, not Carlo or McAvoy and that the price would be very good for the Bruins.

And he seems to be awfully confident about it.

We will see.

I'll probably have nightmares of Bears tonight...

Not unlike way too many HF members :laugh:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Have you watched him play?

Not this year except for a small bit of WJC play but here's thoughts straight from the opponents mouth, circa one week ago - probably a bit more accurate than an old HF report.

----

I think his skating ability alone will net him a job at some point. The kid has some of the most natural skating ability from a Bruins D prospect I've ever seen. I've read in other places that stylistically, he's similar to a James Wisniewski, a guy who can skate, move the puck and put up decent point totals, and surprise you with his physicality. I think Zboril has the tools and talent to be a good 2nd pairing dman. IMO I don't see a top pairing guy. While it's still way to early to write him off of being one, I just don't see the swagger of a number 1 or a top pairing guy.

All in all, I think he'll make the NHL and land a 2nd pairing role at some point down the line. With internal options ahead of him on the left side currently ( Chara for another year or more, Krug, Morrow is still around, O'Gara and Gryz looking promising ) there's no rush. Out of the three guys we got in the first round, I think he'll take the longest road to the NHL.

----

My take is that he lacks pace. His movements his thinking, it's... I don't know. Sluggish is not the right word but it's like he lacks a sense of urgency until the **** is actually hitting the fan and then he raises his compete level and tries to make the best of it. But if he played with that urgency all the time he would't get in trouble in the first place.

I don't know. The talent is there. Maybe it's just a small sampling but that impression also spans two development camps, and it's why I consistently rank him lower than most.

----

Here's a slightly more optimistic take:

A more obvious 2015 selection was 13th overall pick Jakub Zboril, the fourth of the World Junior defenseman, from the Czech Republic. Zboril had somewhat of a down season in 2015-16 with just 20 points in 50 games for the QMJHL’s Saint John’s Sea Dogs. However, after a strong camp in Boston, he’s having a bounce-back year with 18 points already in just 20 games. He’s also added four assists for the Czechs at the World Juniors, good enough to tie for the team lead in points. As of now, Zboril may be the most complete defensive prospect in the Bruins system right now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I won't lie, Marchand-Bergeron, Landeskog-Krejci with Pasta and Backes mixed in would be fantastic for Boston.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I won't lie, Marchand-Bergeron, Landeskog-Krejci with Pasta and Backes mixed in would be fantastic for Boston.

Oh the Bruins would be one of the best places in the league for Landeskog - he was at his best with O'Reilly / Staz as his centre's, and they basically have the upgraded version of both in Bergeron and Krejci - but the return would have to be worth it. If Carlo is not centering any return, I'd pretty much be done with Sakic.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think that guy called a trade before. I might be mixing him up with another poster.

There's nothing from Boston that stands out to me.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't see how the Avs could make such a trade without McAvoy or Carlo coming back. I am not sure how they could possibly sell that to the fans, however few there may be left.

I guess last one left can turn off the lights.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If the Avs wanted Carlo they should have just picked him instead of trading back.

Can't see Landeskog going for a terrible package, unless the Avs are desperate to get him out of the locker room for some odd reason.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I wouldn't want Boedker back but his current production is due to him being a bad fit with the Sharks, rather than being completely terrible. On most teams, he's your run of the mill 40 pt forward.

Some guys just don't fit in certain offenses. Look at Thomas Vanek; he's rejuvenated in Detroit after looking finished in Minnesota.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Colborne is only here for another year for a relatively minor cap hit (in a season when we'll have lots of room). It's not even worth it to buy him out or trade him. Just ride it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad