Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
What he does/did in AHL does not hold a lot of meaning on what he becomes in the NHL. If he had a bad time in the A, the argument would be reversed.

Chara is an anomaly. The game is getting younger top prospects are entering the NHL faster. I'm not saying we should write Zads off but to expect him to become the next Chara is irresponsible.
I'm not expecting Z to become Chara or anything, but this stuff is funny to read coming from the guy who said that Varlamov had HOF potential when we traded for him.

Also, regarding any LA trade, I'm certain it's Muzzin+ and not Martinez. I'd be weary of Muzzin outside of that system, but there's no denying that his contract is amazing and he'd be a big upgrade on D. Still think I'd pass on any deal there.

Last edited:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Let's recap:

And for those who think that 1 senior pro scout + 2 scouts is no big deal, it's litterally everything we have at our disposal:

Smith is on reserve list and Zalesak is in Europe...so Joy, Laperriere and Martin were all there.

This is very worrying to me, I think we're going to screw this one up.

I don't think we'd have that many scouts there if we were shipping Iggy for a pick at the deadline.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Landeskog has been my favorite non-Penguin for years. I'd love to see him on the Penguins. That being said, it made more sense a few years ago for us than it does now. I don't really think giving up a package around Maatta+Sprong/Guentzel would be worth it with how our roster currently sits, and surely that's what it would take.

Edit: Just don't trade him to Philadelphia :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad