Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Carlo+Bruins 1st for Landeskog would have me very interested. Carlo looks like he's going to be a very good defender. But not getting Carlo or McAvoy back would be abysmal for Landeskog. Then you're looking at defense prospects like Zboril or Lindgren, and for a player signed 4.5 more years like Landy, that's a horrifying return. The Avs need something a bit more proven than that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I am not that high at all on Carlo. It's great he's doing well but I don't think he's that kind of defender. For McAvoy I'd think about it. They have Lauzon too but he's in the prospect category for sure.

But why on earth would we trade Landy for their 1st and not a top prospect?

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My conspiracy theory about Landeskog is that hes got some kind of injury issue that isn't going to be completely solved, and they are trying to deal him for the best they can get before his value drops off.

His shot totals declining, the shoulder issue from last season, and the sheer amount his name is coming up makes me think there is something fishy.

I just can't understand him even being shopped otherwise lol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The hard on for prospects on here is real. The only way Landy should be traded for from Boston is pasta,Mcovy and 1st.

Yeah, that's steep but if you're not going to fill a need, you have to maximize the value. When Sakic says the price will be high this is what I have in mind. It's alarming to think otherwise.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The hard on for prospects on here is real. The only way Landy should be traded for from Boston is pasta,Mcovy and 1st.

Yeah, that's steep but if you're not going to fill a need, you have to maximize the value. When Sakic says the price will be high this is what I have in mind. It's alarming to think otherwise.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Pasta. If it's Boston 100% I want him coming back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's exactly what I was about to say.

We're definitely in fireable offense territory with some of this stuff if it actually happened. I wouldn't even be on board with a one for one Landeskog/Trouba swap but I think that'd be much better than a deal centered around one of the Bruins defensive prospects.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I sincerely hope you did not just suggest all three of those pieces for Landeskog.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Well they aint trading Pasta in that package

But two of the three d prospects and a first should be on the nose.

Adding in Pasta is a bit of an overpay for Landy...whose been injured and bad this year

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's exactly what I was about to say.

We're definitely in fireable offense territory with some of this stuff if it actually happened. I wouldn't even be on board with a one for one Landeskog/Trouba swap but I think that'd be much better than a deal centered around one of the Bruins defensive prospects.

Exactly! I'm shocked some are even comsidering these proposals.

Could we get a guy like Stone/patches for Bigras and 2nd? We'd be laughed at.

I sincerely hope you did not just suggest all three of those pieces for Landeskog.

I clearly did.

@Agent yeah, you're suppose to overpay for guys like Landeskog. Otherwise why trade them?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, there will be some very heartbroken fans around this board if those are the expectations for Landy / Duchene returns some of ya'll have, because at this point it seems almost a given at some point one of them is getting moved. Too much smoke, and the team is in a bad spot. Expectations like that, however, have moved beyond just wanting an "overpayment."

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Well, there will be some very heartbroken fans around this board if those are the expectations for Landy / Duchene returns some of ya'll have, because at this point it seems almost a given at some point one of them is getting moved. Too much smoke, and the team is in a bad spot. Expectations like that, however, have moved beyond just wanting an "overpayment."

Well I still maintain that in any trade for Landy or Duchene there has to be a D prospect with legit #1 D potential coming our way.

Otherwise it would just be foolish to entertain such a trade.

McAvoy +2018 1st + Spooner is the absolute minimum I would expect.

If Sakic can't get us that and deals him anyways, he needs to be fired on the spot to prevent further harm done by him to this organisation.

We will see.

But looks like this rumor is coming from OHL insider circles.

Which is concerning considering where Landy went to Junior...

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It begs the question as to why you would trade Duchene or Landeskog for a futures package with no blue chip prospect included. Why would the Avs feel compelled to make such an underwhelming trade of a youngish player at this point in a lost season? I think it is a valid question if there is any truth the rumors. I am big on historical precedents in all aspects of life, and there are few historical precedents for that type of trade in season for a last place team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You might as well just blow it all up if you're trading Landeskog, who I think is the second most valuable piece on the team, for a package that doesn't include a blue chip young player/prospect.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't see where he says Carlo or McAvoy aren't included.

Agree that if they waited this long why would they pull the trigger on a meh package? What sense does that make?

I think I read it on the earlier pages somewhere.

He certainly said something about Bruins fans being fine with the return or something similar. Which he probably would not write if it involves Carlo or McAvoy.

I will say this. Bruins seem to want to do something right now to make a playoff push.

Sakic is seeing what we are seeing. That this team has 0 depth and desperately needs to fix that.

Bruins probably have the deeepest prospect pool in the league right now.

So there could be something there.

Bruins could afford to give up Zboril, Frederic, Lauzon, Forsbacka Karlsson (or Senshyn or DeBrusk, etc) + 1st and not even bat an eye about it.

Not that I see something like this happen but if Sakic wants to speed up the asset gathering phase during a rebuild (and it would be very Avs like to do that), the Bruins is the team he would call.

They are similar to the Sabres in that regard back when we dealt ROR.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Like I said why trade either of them if you're not filling a need? The value needs to be amazing.

Landeskog wouldn't return Pastrnak alone at this point....

Yeesh that's some ridiculous overvaluing of Landeskog.

Why because he's played great for 30 games?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Like I said why trade either of them if you're not filling a need? The value needs to be amazing.

Why because he's played great for 30 games?

He's on pace for 40 goals and 60+ points as a 20 Year old.

He's not just playing great he's playing at an elite level. And it's not like his previous two seasons were bad either. 45-50 point pace each year.

They might trade him straight up for Landeskog, but you're being ridiculous if you think McCavoy and a 1st on top of him is what it would take.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think I read it on the earlier pages somewhere.

He certainly said something about Bruins fans being fine with the return or something similar. Which he probably would not write if it involves Carlo or McAvoy.

I will say this. Bruins seem to want to do something right now to make a playoff push.

Sakic is seeing what we are seeing. That this team has 0 depth and desperately needs to fix that.

Bruins probably have the deeepest prospect pool in the league right now.

So there could be something there.

Bruins could afford to give up Zboril, Frederic, Lauzon, Forsbacka Karlsson (or Senshyn or DeBrusk, etc) + 1st and not even bat an eye about it.

Not that I see something like this happen but if Sakic wants to speed up the asset gathering phase during a rebuild (and it would be very Avs like to do that), the Bruins is the team he would call.

They are similar to the Sabres in that regard back when we dealt ROR.

I think you are trying too hard to rationalize what would be a brutal return. Several of those prospects (Zboril, Senshyn, or DeBrusk) have not developed as was expected and do not hold the same value that they did at the time they were drafted.

Let's be honest, if you think the Avs are laughingstock now, just wait until a trade occurs with your anticipated return.

And for those that think Landy (or Duchene) holds little value now, I have to ask, why trade them now? Why would you possibly trade them at this point in season when fewer teams can bid, particularly when non-blue chip futures are involved?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
On the Boston thread, a poster posted the following:

"If you would like more information, Kirk Luedeke held a Reddit discussion yesterday about potential forwards the Bruins should look into, and Landeskog's name popped up: https://www.reddit.com/r/BostonBruins/comments/5ls93x/ohfensename_some_forwards_as_realistic_trade/

Quick Summary:
1. Bruins have been active in discussions with other teams around the league.
2. Bruins have to give to receive.
2. The Avalanche want an NHL-ready defenseman.
3. The Avalanche are not interested in Spooner or other Bruins prospects as the main piece going back.
4. Avalanche want a NHL-ready defenseman + prospect + pick.
4. The Avalanche want an NHL-ready defenseman and want Carlo.
3. The Bruins consider Carlo to be untouchable and are countering with different options.
4. Asking price from Colorado could be Carlo + Lauzon/Zboril/DeBrusk + BOS 2017 1st"

I believe that Kirk Luedeke is the same poster that used the handle KirkNESN or some variation thereof for years on the Boston board. He always seemed to have more legitimate inside information. One of the few that I thought was a legit insider on these boards.

Makes me feel a little better after reading the Reddit discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad