Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Zadorov won't become a top pair d-man, best you can hope for is 3 or 4. He just doesn't have top 2 potential

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I just hope Sakic doesn't make any trades. Just don't please. I don't even wanna see what he will get in return for Landeskog or Duchene but I'm pretty sure it will be bad

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Zadorov won't become a top pair d-man, best you can hope for is 3 or 4. He just doesn't have top 2 potential

At 21 would you have said Giordano would be a top pairing Dman?

At 21 would you have said Brodie would be a top pairing Dman?

At 21 would you have said Keith would be a top pairing Dman?

You get the point, way too soon to be writing him off c'mon now.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
FTR, Martinez is 29 and signed for 4 more years at 4M per.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
landeskog traded in a deal centered around martinez would be the worst trade of the decade.

no hyperbole. seriously.

Just imagine when you realize that it's actually Regher for Landy. :laugh:

If he does end up with the Kings I might regret not taking Ceci for Landy. lool

I keep coming back to the fact that Sakic said he wouldn't trade Landy/Duchene cheap...yet here we are. What does cheap mean to him?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
At 21 would you have said Giordano would be a top pairing Dman?

At 21 would you have said Brodie would be a top pairing Dman?

At 21 would you have said Keith would be a top pairing Dman?

You get the point, way too soon to be writing him off c'mon now.

I didn't follow those players you mentioned when they were 21 so I couldn't say, I just don't see top 2 potential in Zadorov

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sakic trading for a defenseman in his late 20's after talking about the future and getting younger would be weird. Why even make those comments if you're willing to make a trade like that?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I didn't follow those players you mentioned when they were 21 so I couldn't say, I just don't see top 2 potential in Zadorov

Keith at 21 was in the AHL.

Giordano at 21 was in the AHL, left for Russia at 24, and didn't really become the defenseman he is today until he was in his late 20s.

Brodie started in the AHL and finished the season in the NHL for his rookie season.

I thought you would've got my point, but at 21 there's absolutely no way you can say what a defenseman will or won't be. At 21 people would say Phaneuf was a future multi Norris winner, it goes both ways.

Zadorov has all the tools and it's insane to me that you're already writing him off.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Dater has a blog post from an hour ago and basically says the following (my typed up version, not his exact words):

-Cat is out of the bag on Duchene/Landeskog being available. Sakic getting lots of calls now.

-Bruins offered a package around 2015 prospects, Sakic wanted Carlo+ a Prospect/pick or two

-Kings potentially offering Muzzin+1st round pick.

-Will probably wait and trade Duchene in the summer.

-Avs hastily put together a deal for O'Reilly, and have next to nothing to show for it.

-Avs are believed to want to start over with the four young forwards they will have after the draft+the hauls from Duchene and Landeskog.

-EJ is here to stay. Barrie most likely too, but not positive. Varlamov not guaranteed to be around.

http://woodypaige.com/adrian-daters...nally-heard-again-in-world-junior-tournament/

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bad part is, that the worse he does the more likely he is around. Right now neither of our goalies would get picked in expansion.

Varly is absolutely untradable, especially with MAF openly on the market.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Desperate times :laugh: I'll cling to the hope that Sakic is at least discussing Muzzin+1st for Landeskog, not Martinez.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sakic trading for a defenseman in his late 20's after talking about the future and getting younger would be weird. Why even make those comments if you're willing to make a trade like that?

For a guy that signed Tyutin, Stuart and Beachemin a defender in his late 20s is a young guy.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really don't like the idea of Landeskog for Muzzin + 1st....

So you can imagine how much I loathe ANY package centered around Alec Martinez.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really don't like the idea of Landeskog for Muzzin + 1st....

So you can imagine how much I loathe ANY package centered around Alec Martinez.

I think we're all in the same boat on this one... Lets just hope its all about Iginla and/or FB.

I literally cannot put together a package from LA that I like unless one of Doughty or Kopitar are involved lmao. It's just insane to think about trading Landeskog to them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Keith at 21 was in the AHL.

Giordano at 21 was in the AHL, left for Russia at 24, and didn't really become the defenseman he is today until he was in his late 20s.

Brodie started in the AHL and finished the season in the NHL for his rookie season.

I thought you would've got my point, but at 21 there's absolutely no way you can say what a defenseman will or won't be. At 21 people would say Phaneuf was a future multi Norris winner, it goes both ways.

Zadorov has all the tools and it's insane to me that you're already writing him off.

I know anything is possible, I just don't see it. Of course I'd want Zadorov to become a top 2 d-man, why wouldn't i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad