Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This times 100.

I also think a full trade deadline and offseason where Sakic isn't working with Roy in his ear too.

As for Iginla to the Hawks, I would trade Iggy @ 50% out of respect but what I really hope is they try and get Kruger. Even at $3m I think he'd be the closest this team has come to replacing Yelle.

We absolutely should retain if that means getting a better return.

As for the rest, I'm not giving up on Sakic until the day after the draft.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We absolutely should retain if that means getting a better return.

As for the rest, I'm not giving up on Sakic until the day after the draft.

I don't know why they wouldn't retain. They pretty much have to in order to get Iggy on a contender. Iggy has already spent 2.5 of his cap hit so roughly 2.83 is left right now, then we can retain half on top of that? So that's 1.4 cap hit to another team if he was traded right now? If we wait until the deadline another 1.8M would be spent, he'd only have 1M left and we'd retain half making it 500k. So how can these teams not afford him?

This next 6 months will tell me all I need to know about the Avalanche.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I knew we were in the running for last place with Arizona, but never realized how much of gap there was between us/Arizona and 28th.

28. Buffalo 36 pts
29. Arizona 27 pts
30. Colorado 25 pts

11 points behind 28th?.... dammmm....the gap from 28th to 8th is 11 points. Even if we lose the lottery, the worst I can see the Avs picking is 5th (Lottery 1-3, ARZ 4).

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I knew we were in the running for last place with Arizona, but never realized how much of gap there was between us/Arizona and 28th.

28. Buffalo 36 pts
29. Arizona 27 pts
30. Colorado 25 pts

11 points behind 28th?.... dammmm....the gap from 28th to 8th is 11 points. Even if we lose the lottery, the worst I can see the Avs picking is 5th (Lottery 1-3, ARZ 4).
Barring some sort of minor miracle looks like a top five pick is pretty locked in.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm in wait-and-see mode on Sakic. He's dug himself a VERY large hole, and I am increasingly doubtful of his ability to dig himself out. And yeah, I know it wasn't dug entirely by him alone, but he's still largely responsible for this mess, and I'm losing faith by the day because they just keep icing the same ****ing roster with no changes and keep expecting them to turn it around. It's not too much to ask for them to bench or waive or do SOMETHING to move the garbage off this roster and call up a couple fresh bodies that might, oh, I don't know, help this hapless squad win a goddamn home game before the end of the season.

They're either:

a) Trying like hell to move pieces, probably a core piece
b) Completely resigned themselves to the tank
c) Have absolutely no idea what they're doing or how to fix this mess

You can still make bold moves without making a blockbuster trade, you can still send very sharp messages without gutting the roster. The Avs and Sakic could do these things. They're choosing not to, and more and more it feels like indecision rather than part of a larger plan.

Last edited:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It may sound insignificant all things considered, but is anyone else gonna be pissed when Sakic ends up not putting a claim on Rattie? Seems like he never knows when to pull the trigger on decent waiver fodder

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
I honestly feel like we should give Bednar and Sakic an actual off-season where they can try to add more players that would actually fit the system that Bednar wants to play before we blame him for all that's wrong and burn everything to the ground.

Why? Do you enjoy suffering?

A coach that lost his team a quarter into a season. Also made the team worse. Great choice for tanking tough :naughty:

A GM who has failed in almost everything he has done for 4 years. I dare anyone to try to make a list of good moves by Sakic, its going to one short list guaranteed. Also the notion that lets give Joe another chance because now Patrick is not whispering in his year does not make it any better as it only implies that Sakic makes bad personnel decisions and is prone to taking bad advice.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It may sound insignificant all things considered, but is anyone else gonna be pissed when Sakic ends up not putting a claim on Rattie? Seems like he never knows when to pull the trigger on decent waiver fodder

Is Rattie a fit though?

Honest question as I've only ever come away with the impression he is kind of a plodder on the ice and nothing really stood out with his offensive game.

While I get he's "free" and would still upgrade the McLeod or Colbourne types, grabbing a guy who doesn't really fit seems pointless unless you think he will suddenly become a tradeable asset.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I wouldn't mind claiming Rattle, but people need to, again, remember that players on waivers are on waivers for a reason.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Rattie is another one of those players with the killer combination of small stature and weak skating.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Rattie is another one of those players with the killer combination of small stature and weak skating.

Agreed. He's a familiar name only at this point. Only reason to add is if you are desperate for depth and don't want to call up guys like Greer and Compher, if only to spare them from getting that special "Avs stink" on them.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Exactly. Not skilled enough to play in the top-6 and way too soft and slow to be an effective bottom-6er.

If Pracey were still here he'd be chomping at the bit trying to get us to claim the guy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Who would we take out of our lineup to replace with Rattie? He cant play bottom 6 role. We aren't going to replace guys like Bourque/Iginla in the top 6 with him when we can be inflating their rental trade value. Plus they've earned those spots much more than Rattie has by doing nothing for another organization. I'm all for adding assets but at this point I fail to understand how Ty Rattie could even be considered an asset. I see no reason to put a claim in on him.

If we didn't claim Burmistrov, we aren't claiming Rattie. I'm not saying Burmistrov is better than Rattie. Neither of them are very good. But at least Burmi has the capability of playing down in the lineup and can be a temporary replacement for Mitchell if we find a way to trade him at the deadline.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Who would we take out of our lineup to replace with Rattie? He cant play bottom 6 role. We aren't going to replace guys like Bourque/Iginla in the top 6 with him when we can be inflating their rental trade value. Plus they've earned those spots much more than Rattie has by doing nothing for another organization. I'm all for adding assets but at this point I fail to understand how Ty Rattie could even be considered an asset. I see no reason to put a claim in on him.

If we didn't claim Burmistrov, we aren't claiming Rattie. I'm not saying Burmistrov is better than Rattie. Neither of them are very good. But at least Burmi has the capability of playing down in the lineup and can be a temporary replacement for Mitchell if we find a way to trade him at the deadline.

I'd bump down Iggy. Dutch might end up having super random crazy chemistry with Rattie, he is relatively similar to Mueller, Flash, and Parenteau in the fact that he's not a quick player, and is basically an offense or bust player.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Rattie a fit though?

Honest question as I've only ever come away with the impression he is kind of a plodder on the ice and nothing really stood out with his offensive game.

While I get he's "free" and would still upgrade the McLeod or Colbourne types, grabbing a guy who doesn't really fit seems pointless unless you think he will suddenly become a tradeable asset.

I don't think they have any intention on upgrading those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia