Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Drouin 2016-17 Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Seeing Drouin's name just makes me shake my head. If only Sakic had the balls to take a chance on him when he was holding out in the AHL.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seeing Drouin's name just makes me shake my head. If only Sakic had the balls to take a chance on him when he was holding out in the AHL.

While the price would have been cheaper than now... it wasn't like there was a bargain to be had their either. People would have freaked at the cost.

One thing to remember with Drouin is that you are going to be paying a ton for potential, and making him a core player as a wing if you acquire him. He is a good player, but don't expect him to be a bargain in any way.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Other than the fact that it's Eklund so it's not true, 3-way trades very rarely happen so normally I'd instantly brush it off but Yzerman pulled one at the deadline so I guess he's capable of doing it.

He hasn't really done three team trades, but hes made follow on trades with the assets he acquired. I can't remember exactly what it was this most recent time, but he did it with us and Detroit flipping Downie for Quincey for a 1st rounder from Detroit.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
While the price would have been cheaper than now... it wasn't like there was a bargain to be had their either. People would have freaked at the cost.

One thing to remember with Drouin is that you are going to be paying a ton for potential, and making him a core player as a wing if you acquire him. He is a good player, but don't expect him to be a bargain in any way.

I think the risk/reward with him and MacKinnon is worth it. Especially since they have already made a huge bet on MacK leading this team as a center. You do everything you can to help MacK realize his potential.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Has that price tag ever been leaked? People keep referencing it like they know what it was but I've never heard it.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I think the risk/reward with him and MacKinnon is worth it. Especially since they have already made a huge bet on MacK leading this team as a center. You do everything you can to help MacK realize his potential.

Rantanen MacK Drouin line would be the best line in NHL.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Then settled down after he became the best player on the team.:(

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Yeah, Yzerman was never going to sell Drouin for cheap because of his temper tantrum. The idea that we could have gotten him for nothing back then is silly. If that were true, he wouldn't be on the Bolts anymore. It's the same reason why Sakic held on to Duchene at the TDL. Real GMs don't take crappy deals just because of momentary fluctuations in value.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I kept saying Barrie for Drouin, DeAngelo and Cap Dump (can't remember who). I don't know if thats asking too much, but I wouldn't have freaked at the cost.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
On any other franchise, MacK and Drouin would be an unstoppable offensive force. On the Avs, MacK and Drouin would amount being the league's most exciting 50-point duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad