Player Discussion William Nylander

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
1714784395600.png

What stands out as usual is the individual offence.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
IMO he's not suited for that role at all and he wouldn't want it, he'd rather just quietly go about his business.

Max Domi on the other hand, now he'd be perfect and he'd thrive in that role. JMHO.
Nylander has evolved into a vocal player on the ice. Consistently giving instructions before draws. He reminds me of Marchand in this regard with Marchand being more advanced obviously. However Marchand transitioned slowly into that and initially was equal to Nylander in organizing everyone (hence the comparison, maybe Nylander is in the baby stages of evolving into C similar to Marchands evolution)

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
One thing for sure. Of all the players on both teams in this series, Willie is the most talented, the best skater, and perhaps the most able to survive physicality which IMHO makes him the most likely to be able to totally dominate a game 7. He can put a team on his back and inspire his team mates to victory.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
One thing for sure. Of all the players on both teams in this series, Willie is the most talented, the best skater, and perhaps the most able to survive physicality which IMHO makes him the most likely to be able to totally dominate a game 7. He can put a team on his back and inspire his team mates to victory.
I would expect the Bruins to target Willie after he won game #6. Both teams can't score much at this point. Score first and stay out of the box unless you can find a way to score a PP goal or two.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You can see on the replay that Willy got in the way of the pass, leading to the turnover. Great read by Rielly, excellent pass by Knies, and what a finish.
Yeah, a block, Rielly picks it up slides it to Nylander who clears it to Knies, who gets it back to Nylander.

So:
Goal - Nylander
Assists: - Knies, Nylander and Rielly

;-)

marner on deck.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nylander has evolved into a vocal player on the ice. Consistently giving instructions before draws. He reminds me of Marchand in this regard with Marchand being more advanced obviously. However Marchand transitioned slowly into that and initially was equal to Nylander in organizing everyone (hence the comparison, maybe Nylander is in the baby stages of evolving into C similar to Marchands evolution)
I get what you're saying. It's an interesting thought, I still can't quite see it though and I still don't think Nylander wants the job. But I could be wrong and in any case, I guess it doesn't matter all that much who's captain. I mean I think most of us agree that JT wasn't an ideal choice but that didn't stop us from playing like champions the last two games.

Hopefully they can make it 3 rock solid performances in a row tonight. GLG!!

Reactions: arso40

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
Very clutch and offensively dominant again.

Can we please get Willy a centre that isn't horrible? Forget Cowan destroying the OHL for another season bring him on and have him play 2C duties.

Can't be worse than Tavares.

Reactions: saffronleaf

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

To be fair it looked like both Nylander and Marner didn't see Pasta and was looking at Lindholm's direction with the puck and even if Nylander did see Pasta its doubtful that he would've been able to do anything when he was almost at a standstill while Pasta was speeding down the wing to the net. Even Rielly who was further back couldn't react because the play unfolded so fast.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad