Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Drouin 2016-17 Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Andrighetto isn't a long-term solution for a healthy top 6. Drouin is.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
yes drouin still has a chance of being the best player from that 2013 draft. if you have a chance of getting him at fair value, why not pull the trigger. if you can make a move to make the team better, you make that move.

Yetti090

Jul 1, 2014
Manchester, England
Here is my offseason for the AVS:

1. Buyout Beauchemin
2. BRING UP THE YOUTH!
3. Somehow get rid of Soder (trade or expose and pray)
4. Trade Dutch to ANA for Montour or Manson and a pick

My ideal lines for next season:

Mikko-Mack-Ghetto
Landy-Jost-???
Greer-Compher-Nieto
???-Henley-Comeau

Zads-EJ
Barrie-Montour/Manson
Bigras-Mironov

Take a long look at Nantel, Lindholm, Boikov, Geersten

Just throwing out ideas. But I would love for us to make minimal moves (outside of the Dutch one) and bring in the youth to grow together.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Ducks need to trade someone who needs to be protected in the XD, so Montour is likely not moving. Sounds like Vatanen is going to be the odd man out, because Manson isn't as easily replaced from within their org. Montour can take Vatanen's spot.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015

1. Buyout Beauchemin
2. BRING UP THE YOUTH!

Mikko-Mack-Ghetto
Landy-Jost-???
Greer-Compher-Nieto
???-Henley-Comeau

Zads-EJ
Barrie-Montour/Manson
Bigras-Mironov

Just throwing out ideas. But I would love for us to make minimal moves (outside of the Dutch one) and bring in the youth to grow together.

Good god, a Montour-Barrie pairing would be a disaster.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Drouin is a highly skilled and high IQ playmaker, whose skill set would mesh very well with MacKinnon's. A player like him might not be the biggest need but this team needs everything so he'd be a welcomed addition. I'd be willing to give up quite a bit for him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

1. Buyout Beauchemin
2. BRING UP THE YOUTH!

Mikko-Mack-Ghetto
Landy-Jost-???
Greer-Compher-Nieto
???-Henley-Comeau

Zads-EJ
Barrie-Montour/Manson
Bigras-Mironov

No offense but, good god that is a miserable offseason.

1. Duchene will get moved, I'd say the likelihood is around 90%. Move him to NYI for de Hann or Hamonic+prospect/pick or if Carolina is willing to bite Hanifin+prospect/pick

2. Beauchemin buyout needs to happen, but it's not going to. So just be prepared for that.

3. The likelihood of Soderberg moving is like less than 5%, we're pretty much screwed with that contract.

4. Youth does need to be valued over vets. But that doesn't mean just play anyone and everyone. Jost, Compher, Greer and Bigras are your youth movement for the year, very outside chance (less than 5% chance) of #4 pick if they absolutely impress at training camp. Guys like Nantel, Boikov and Geertsen are not making an NHL roster, hell they are in the ECHL right now they aren't jumping straight to the NHL from there.

5. Take a look at some UFAs. No big names and stupid contracts. There are some UFAs that can help, that won't break the bank. Some targets should be Del Zotto, Kuemper (especially if we lose Pickard to expansion), Gagner, Bonino (#1 target IMO)

Start next season:

Rantanen-MacK-Ghetto
Landy-Jost-Compher
Greer-Bonino-Nieto
Comeau-Soderberg-Colborne (let the 3 amigos rot on the 4th line with 5mins a night)

Duchene trade-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Del Zotto-Beauchemin (he'll be back can almost guarantee it)
Barberio

Mironov-Bigras (top pair AHL, over the course of the season both should get NHL looks)
Lindholm

Varly
Kuemper

Still not great, but should be better with our #4 pick, Meloche, Morrison, Beaudin waiting in the wings down the road.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
No offense but, good god that is a miserable offseason.

1. Duchene will get moved, I'd say the likelihood is around 90%. Move him to NYI for de Hann or Hamonic+prospect/pick or if Carolina is willing to bite Hanifin+prospect/pick

2. Beauchemin buyout needs to happen, but it's not going to. So just be prepared for that.

3. The likelihood of Soderberg moving is like less than 5%, we're pretty much screwed with that contract.

4. Youth does need to be valued over vets. But that doesn't mean just play anyone and everyone. Jost, Compher, Greer and Bigras are your youth movement for the year, very outside chance (less than 5% chance) of #4 pick if they absolutely impress at training camp. Guys like Nantel, Boikov and Geertsen are not making an NHL roster, hell they are in the ECHL right now they aren't jumping straight to the NHL from there.

5. Take a look at some UFAs. No big names and stupid contracts. There are some UFAs that can help, that won't break the bank. Some targets should be Del Zotto, Kuemper (especially if we lose Pickard to expansion), Gagner, Bonino (#1 target IMO)

Start next season:

Rantanen-MacK-Ghetto
Landy-Jost-Compher
Greer-Bonino-Nieto
Comeau-Soderberg-Colborne (let the 3 amigos rot on the 4th line with 5mins a night)

Duchene trade-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Del Zotto-Beauchemin (he'll be back can almost guarantee it)
Barberio

Mironov-Bigras (top pair AHL, over the course of the season both should get NHL looks)
Lindholm

Varly
Kuemper

Still not great, but should be better with our #4 pick, Meloche, Morrison, Beaudin waiting in the wings down the road.

There's no point in targeting Bonino. Jost is not going to start in the 2C slot. He is going to get sheltered minutes in the 3C to bring him along. Soderberg is not a lost cause, he is still a good player, and he and Bednar need to figure out a solution going forward if both are still here, or try to move him for a lower tiered depth player (Like Tierny). Mironov will almost be a lock to start the season in the NHL, especially given his and his agents comments regarding signing here. The only reason to sign Del Zotto would be if the team moved Barrie for a forward.

Landeskog (though I would move him+ for Fowler or Manson)-Mack-Ghetto
Barrie Trade (If Drouin is acquired, he swaps with Landeskog)-Compher- Rants
Greer-Jost-Nieto
Colborne-Soderberg-Comeau

Zads-Johnson
Mironov-FB/ (Duchene trade, Landeskog trade)
Bigras-Barberio
Lindholm

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
yes drouin still has a chance of being the best player from that 2013 draft. if you have a chance of getting him at fair value, why not pull the trigger. if you can make a move to make the team better, you make that move.

I just do not see that. The odds that he will be better than both Jones and MacK are vanishingly remote. I think he is getting seriously overrated on here because of his junior career with MacK. He's good, but I wouldn't give Tampa what they want for him, especially since they're going to want D, and we don't have any to spare.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Bonino is going to want to cash in this summer. Don't want anything to do with him. Will probably command a 4-5 year contract at 4+M and some stupid team will give it to him even though he isn't good enough in the regular season to warrant it.

I think Del Zotto will be highly coveted this summer, too. The league values puck-moving defensemen who can skate now more than ever. He'll find a team willing to give him a multi-year deal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So many of these ideal/dream offseason scenarios ending with Zadorov on the top pairing are a bit alarming. I don't think he's ready for that and they should continue to take it slow with him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Jones is taking over the best player out of the 2013 draft and running with it now. I don't see anybody taking it from him now.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
So many of these ideal/dream offseason scenarios ending with Zadorov on the top pairing are a bit alarming. I don't think he's ready for that and they should continue to take it slow with him.

He performed quite well with Johnson as his partner. He will continue to progress, but we do not have a better player to place in that position currently. Unless we land an established d-man (which many posters have complained about regarding age) he is the best current option for that slot. This is a season to really see what the team has in him.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

I agree, he's not even close to being a top pairing dman. To be honest, I don't think he'll ever be one. I think he might be a good 3rd/4th dman on the 2nd pairing, which is fine.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I agree, he's not even close to being a top pairing dman. To be honest, I don't think he'll ever be one. I think he might be a good 3rd/4th dman on the 2nd pairing, which is fine.

He's 22. There is still a lot of development to be had and let's not forget that he started stringing together a lot of solid games before he got hurt.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

While I agree, I don't think we really have any other options unless we get someone like Hamonic. Most of the guys we'd look to acquire in a Duchene deal won't be any more ready than Zads, and I hate the idea of signing another stopgap right as Beauchemin's contract is about to fall off.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
While I agree, I don't think we really have any other options unless we get someone like Hamonic. Most of the guys we'd look to acquire in a Duchene deal won't be any more ready than Zads, and I hate the idea of signing another stopgap right as Beauchemin's contract is about to fall off.

We might not find a better option but giving Zadorov some easier minutes, at least to start the season, might be the way to go. He was inconsistent even on the second pairing last season and now he's coming off of that ankle injury.

I've penciled in Hanifin next to EJ at times though so it's not like my dream offseason ends with an ideal defense either.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
He's 22. There is still a lot of development to be had and let's not forget that he started stringing together a lot of solid games before he got hurt.

I totally agree, but I don't think he'll be a top pairing dman. That's my opinion. :) I hope Fowler asks for too much money from the Ducks that they'll be forced to trade him. Fowler would be a perfect fit on the 1st pairing with EJ. He's a free agent after next season, so I'm sure there would be some due diligence before a trade is made. I'd definitely trade Duchene for Fowler.

Fowler Johnson
Zadorov Barrie
Beauchemin/Barberio Mironov

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I totally agree, but I don't think he'll be a top pairing dman. That's my opinion. :) I hope Fowler asks for too much money from the Ducks that they'll be forced to trade him. Fowler would be a perfect fit on the 1st pairing with EJ. He's a free agent after next season, so I'm sure there would be some due diligence before a trade is made. I'd definitely trade Duchene for Fowler.

Fowler Johnson
Zadorov Barrie

It's funny, because a lot of the same things that are being said about Zadorov were being said about Fowler last season when he was being shopped. This is a put up year for Zadorov. Give him first pair minutes and figure out what the team has in him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We shouldn't be looking at Drouin because of MacK. We should be interested in him because he has crazy potential. The guy could be the best player on our team. If we cant get a potential #1 Dman he is probably the most talented player we will be able to get.

This...

Their past does not hurt either, but it has mostly to do with Drouin's potential and his play style. Mack just does better when he has line mates with a high IQ.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Jones is taking over the best player out of the 2013 draft and running with it now. I don't see anybody taking it from him now.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up being the 2nd best defenseman out of that 2013 draft. There are a few good ones in there that are still developing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Fowler Johnson
Zadorov Barrie

You know the nice thing about that is that Fowler can sign an extension right after or right before the trade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad