Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Drouin 2016-17 Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
No, I don't think the Avs are even stupid enough to leave Z unprotected. The default option is to just go 4/4.

They're not, they can't leave the main piece of a major trade unprotected. It would be the end of Sakic and he knows that.

Not to mention it would be the complete opposite of what he has been preaching to the fans of faster and younger, it would be pretty hard to sell that catchphrase if he protected Beauchemin and left Zadorov out there to be plucked.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I still can't fathom that Joe Sakic doesn't have a smart enough hockey mind to make the right call on Bednar. When your 51 and 44 point players drop to 14 and 8, either trade them or remove the coach, you can't do neither of those things.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
i dont really have an opinon on Bednar tbh, so many things were working against him i think but he seems willing to play the kids. And if we are going to do this the hard and imo right way by giving them PT and accepting all the warts and rewards of that then i guess he should be able to see it through for another year

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
one goal in 61 games...you could pay Jack Skille like 900k and he'd have more than double that.

i hate FA, and the draft, and everything. you all stink.

Most of us, including yours truly, thought Colborne was a steal too. Supposedly he turned down more money elsewhere to come to Colorado.

Also, Avs should protect MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, XXX, Johnson, Barrie, Zadorov, Beauchemin, Varlamov

XXX = Nieto or Andrighetto :nod::popcorn:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
i dont really have an opinon on Bednar tbh, so many things were working against him i think but he seems willing to play the kids. And if we are going to do this the hard and imo right way by giving them PT and accepting all the warts and rewards of that then i guess he should be able to see it through for another year

No coach who just went through the season he did should ever be allowed back. Ever.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
No coach who just went through the season he did should ever be allowed back. Ever.

This. I really hate the ,"Well Bednar didnt have enough time to prepare..." excuse. Bednar might be a good coach for the AHL but not the NHL right now. Dallas Eakins was a good coach in the AHL. I saw nothing from Bednar last year that says he should remain coach of an NHL team at this time. Its pretty disgusting how NOBODY has been made accountable for the season we just had. Not even a Tim Army firing. Its a joke. This is the kinda **** that will turn everyone off to wanting to play for this team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This. I really hate the ,"Well Bednar didnt have enough time to prepare..." excuse. Bednar might be a good coach for the AHL but not the NHL right now. Dallas Eakins was a good coach in the AHL. I saw nothing from Bednar last year that says he should remain coach of an NHL team at this time. Its pretty disgusting how NOBODY has been made accountable for the season we just had. Not even a Tim Army firing. Its a joke. This is the kinda **** that will turn everyone off to wanting to play for this team.

For real. I can't imagine as a valet, my company hiring a new guy, and then on his first day he totals a car but the company keeping him because, "It was his first day and we couldn't train him to the best because we were busy yesterday." I get that he didn't get the ideal start to his first NHL gig, but he can't do as bad as he did and keep his job. Just terrible.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So then fire him i guess but your gonna ask another guy to come in and possibly accept a bottom 5 finish and be ok with it? I dont see how another coach is going to magically make this group play better.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So then fire him i guess but your gonna ask another guy to come in and possibly accept a bottom 5 finish and be ok with it? I dont see how another coach is going to magically make this group play better.

Well getting a coach that's not a rookie would be a good start. Was Q our last "veteran" coach?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
i think any candidate is going to have a hard time

YKdqVQC.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sutter said he would consider a rebuild if he believed in it... that said, I can't see him believing in Sakic.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The only reason I can think the Avs are willing to keep Bednar is Sakic has realistic expectations that next year is another rebuilding year and rebuilding with Bednar is just as good as rebuilding with another coach. If Sakic expected the team to compete next year then he'd be forced to bring in another coach, which he may very well do early into the season when the Avs struggle again.

The entry draft is going to be critical for determining what kind of season management is looking for. The worst thing Sakic can do is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad