Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Drouin 2016-17 Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oilers board wants RNH and Eberle gone at the end of the year.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
No interest in Eberle. RHN would be ok at the right price. He might come cheap given his contract. If I had to put money on it though I'd say he ends up in Montreal.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Oh so I guess Francois Beauchemin was Colorado's #1 D in '15-16 too.

Yea, I see no problem with that. He was good that year. Played a ton of minutes, was 2nd in points for defenseman. He was Anaheim's #1 for a few years too. He wasn't always as bad as he is now.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He's been awesome on the breakout and has not been afraid to put the puck on net all this series. Both things this team needs desperately.

He has also gotten much better defensively over the years. He's finally putting together the offensive ability he has been showing over the year with the defensive ability he has been developing. He was a guy I wanted to target with a Duchene trade last summer when his value was viewed to be lower, but I doubt Anaheim would move him now.

I'd also like to get Manson from Anaheim, kid is good.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah if anyone is going from the anaheim D it will be Manson or vatanen. Fowler and Lindholm have played too well.

I'm just hoping this trade is done before the draft, can't take it forever.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Yeah if anyone is going from the anaheim D it will be Manson or vatanen. Fowler and Lindholm have played too well.

I'm just hoping this trade is done before the draft, can't take it forever.

I'd think Vatanen is the one getting moved. Montour has showed well so far, and Vatanen is the most expendable one on that Dcore. Manson gives them a shutdown guy that can stand up for the rest of the guys.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

We're getting Hanifin!

I hope he is right, because I am one that seriously doubts Carolina is going to make that deal.

Cullen does not have a clue how to setup out depth chart either. Compher is RW/C, Jost is LW/C, and Greg is much more likely at wing if hes still around. That should be obvious with how they used both Jost and Compher at C in their games.

He also says Compher didn't show well, "Compher struggled a bit, and finished with five points in 21 games, while Jost may have been a bit overwhelmed in six games following his freshman season at the University of North Dakota."

Although I can't really blame anyone for not watching them to know this stuff lol. So I'm not surprised he didn't notice Compher take a serious step in the last couple of weeks. Zadorov also gets zero love as of yet.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

That was a good read.

dGXN4Or.png

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cullen does not have a clue how to setup out depth chart either.

He also said that we'd have to buyout Beauchemin to protect a guy like Zadorov at the expansion draft. It's not true, unfortunately.

This part, while true, really, really sucks:

Maybe the Avalanche won’t be inclined to deal Matt Duchene as he is coming off the worst season of his career, but it would come as no surprise if they decided to shift directions and make MacKinnon the focal point of the attack. If the Avalanche are going to move Duchene, they should get a high-end young defenceman in return, but this would really be a case of selling an asset at its lowest point.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
He also said that we'd have to buyout Beauchemin to protect a guy like Zadorov at the expansion draft. It's not true, unfortunately.

This part, while true, really, really sucks:

Does it though? If it wasn't true, couldn't you just hear,

"After the career Beauchemin has had, we felt he had every right to finish his contract in Denver. He is a true professional, and has been great for the team and community in Colorado. We just really owed it to him. It's unfortunate that Nikita was claimed, but those are the rules of expansion draft, and we feel we owed it to Zadorov to have a fresh start in Vegas. He's been a true pro, and earned a chance to play. We feel we owed it to him."

joe-sakic-avs-gm.jpg

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
one goal in 61 games...you could pay Jack Skille like 900k and he'd have more than double that.

i hate FA, and the draft, and everything. you all stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad