Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Drouin 2016-17 Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
No, but Sakic is the GM, and he just watched his team go through a historically bad season and did absolutely nothing about it. So yes, I do blame Sakic to an extent.

I'll be on your side if he does end up doing nothing. Too early to say that yet though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
St Louis is a very poor fit unless the Avs get a D elsewhere. Seems Army finally is getting what I have been preaching for years on that team. :laugh:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm a big Stepan fan. I really think he is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. He doesn't put up big offensive numbers, but he is a legit #1C to me especially with how he plays in all situations and eats up ice time.

IMO it is splitting hairs between the evaluation on Girardi (agree Staal is the worst). Out of that group Smith is probably the best, but I could see arguments for Holden. Each player has their strengths and can be deployed appropriately (helps that AV is a good coach).

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm a Stepan fan too, but in my mind he is pretty equal to someone like Koivu or Stastny (of those three, I'd pick Stepan). I don't see him as a true 1C but with good center depth like Rangers he is passable there. I'd love if Jost ended up being like Stepan.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just going to put this here...even though it's a damn near certainty that nothing major will be said in this radio interview:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
:laugh: Haha guys

Sooo if someone actually listens to that and could so a recap, I'd be really grateful.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
From what I could hear (I'm at work an couldn't have it a a high volume)

-There will be roster turnover, they want to get younger.
-Mironov is basically "all but official" (not his words, I'm just paraphrasing). They're required to wait until he's been given his release from his KHL contract in writing, but when that happens, it's expected that the official announcement won't be long afterwards.
-Doesn't expect to be major players in UFA (but, with as much roster turnover as is expected, I would say that they'll likely still bring in new players--just that the big names are not likely).
-Standard Bednar defense (came in late, didn't have whole offseason, etc.)
-They want to get younger and have a development system (this stuff takes time, something some people don't understand).

Pretty boilerplate stuff. I likely missed some things because I couldn't have it super loud at my desk. It's great about Mironov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad