Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXII|Deadline to Disappointment Impending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I still need to makeup my mind on the Barrie situation. I’ll review all his points from last year to see how meaningful his contribution were.

Reactions: Foxtail

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Because you're playing at a disadvantage in your own zone for some major minutes each game, it catches up in the playoffs. I personally at least don't believe in having a meh defense in their own zone and hoping for an elite offense / goaltending to bail them out.

But Barrie plays a winning style of hockey cause he gets points :sarcasm::surrender

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looks like EK signing in The Bay is a certainty. ID easily give little Joe a 2 year 8.5M AAV contract. Those guys tend to never want to leave California though. HE probably takes a sweetheart discount in SJ or signs in Anaheim/LA.

Reactions: Y3TI and Foxtail

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If they are really intent on OSing anyone they can get that back without too much trouble.
I don’t think they’d ever do that though.

If Colorado approaches Florida to re-acquire that pick they know why. Florida holds leverage and they aren’t giving it back simply for 3rd round value. So Sakic has to overpay to get a 3rd rounder back and then at the end of the day even if he offer sheets him the Sharks likely find a way to match anyway.

Only way this really would happen is if Sakic is on the clock in the 3rd round this year and don’t really have anybody they’re gushing over on the board. FLorida on the other hand are infatuated with somebody who is available and calls Sakic up and asks if he will take back his 2020 3rd for the pick that’s on the clock.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
EK signing at 11.5 does a good job IMO of projecting Barries next contract. Fair value for him will be ~8-8.5M. I'd hope(And think there's a good chance he would) take a bit of a discount to help the team and come in around 7.5-7.75M.

That'd be a great contract for us. With the cap likely coming in around 82M this year and then 84-85M for next season when his contract kicks in, having our #1D locked up for ~9% of the cap would be pretty fantastic.

Reactions: Y3TI and Ivan13

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Panarin Mack Rantanen
Lando Pavelski who cares

girard ej
zads barrie
byram makar

If this prices Pavelski out of SJ would anyone else jump at the chance?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don’t think they’d ever do that though.

If Colorado approaches Florida to re-acquire that pick they know why. Florida holds leverage and they aren’t giving it back simply for 3rd round value. So Sakic has to overpay to get a 3rd rounder back and then at the end of the day even if he offer sheets him the Sharks likely find a way to match anyway.

Only way this really would happen is if Sakic is on the clock in the 3rd round this year and don’t really have anybody they’re gushing over on the board. FLorida on the other hand are infatuated with somebody who is available and calls Sakic up and asks if he will take back his 2020 3rd for the pick that’s on the clock.

I know they won't do it, and they won't offer sheet anyone, but if they really want to they can do it.

On another front, Pavelski will most likely hit the market, but I'm not all that sure a guy who moves like he is stuck in molasses fits well on this team. Sure, he would be an upgrade over Wilson on PP1, but I just don't see where he fits at ES.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know they won't do it, and they won't offer sheet anyone, but if they really want to they can do it.

On another front, Pavelski will most likely hit the market, but I'm not all that sure a guy who moves like he is stuck in molasses fits well on this team. Sure, he would be an upgrade over Wilson on PP1, but I just don't see where he fits at ES.
Beside Jost and Landy ;)

Reactions: Y3TI

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dunno about Pavelski.

I still think he can be a very productive forward in the NHL and add good value to a team. But I'm not convinced the Avs are the team he would do well with.

He'd be a fantastic fit on the PP in the slot though. Just not sure what else he brings to the table with the way we play and the speed our systems require.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto

He won 2 playoff series single handedly. One by almost dying and the other by scoring a goal and adding an assist.

Reactions: Foxtail
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Panarin Mack Rantanen
Lando Pavelski who cares

girard ej
zads barrie
byram makar

If this prices Pavelski out of SJ would anyone else jump at the chance?

I don't think Pavelski has played C exclusively in a while. Would love Pavs on the Avs, think he could get Jost to take that next step, as well as help out a bunch of our higher end players about supporting the play and finding the quiet areas. Plus, guy just knows how to score goals.

I really think they need to bring in a shooter, a proven scorer type. We have way too many playmakers who are looking to make that pretty play, we need a few more guys that just want to get puck on net.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't see Pavelski leaving, but I also didn't see Marleau leaving. Teams get silly in free agency.
After signing Karlsson they have around 12mil to spend with 7 experienced NHL level forwards signed. They still need to sign Thornton, Pavelski, Donskoi, Nyquist of their UFAs, and Meier and Labanc out of notable RFAs. He's gone unless he takes an absurdly low amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad