Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVII|Crosby+MacK = Tim's Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Uhhh... you may want to focus more on reading than ranting...

And I didn't even write that as a reply to you.

I'm running around a lot, getting ready to move at the end of the month & going back to school in the fall but there was some issue with my application that jsut got resolved this morning; so my B if I was misrepresenting what you were saying. I was just trying to clarify my initial points in this thread (to Patagonia I'm guessing?) and probably just used your post as a springboard to launch into my spiel about the sport evolving and how that's pushing the balance point further & further in favor of skating & skill on the blueline...to the point where I don't think you'll need even an even split between mobile blueliners & big ones.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
One thing I don't want on the team is immature players. Immature players like PK Subban, Evander Kane, Josh Ho-Sang, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Reaves, Dustin Byfuglien, JT Brown, Kyle Okposo, Devante Smith-Pelly, Seth Jones, Malcolm Subban, Wayne Simmonds, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Darnell Nurse...

This is a joke.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One thing I don't want on the team is immature players. Immature players like PK Subban, Evander Kane, Josh Ho-Sang, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Reaves, Dustin Byfuglien, JT Brown, Kyle Okposo, Devante Smith-Pelly, Seth Jones, Malcolm Subban, Wayne Simmonds, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Darnell Nurse...

This is a joke.

Yep, I only want character guys like Patrick Kane, Mike Ribiero, Slava Voynov, Austin Watson or Todd Bertuzzi...

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What does Girard's next contract look like? Seems like he's good for 25-30 points as a #2/#3 unless his offense starts taking off. I think he would have to improve his shot by quite a bit to start picking up more points.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What does Girard's next contract look like? Seems like he's good for 25-30 points as a #2/#3 unless his offense starts taking off. I think he would have to improve his shot by quite a bit to start picking up more points.

I’d like something like the Josi contract. Add some a little maybe due to inflation but I’d go long term immediately. At worst you have a 25 pt guy who’s good defensively and great in transition.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
3 or 4 years at 3,5-4 million depending on next season? Gives him a chance to improve and earn a bigger contract like Barrie did. Something similar for Z this summer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I was thinking the same thing. 4.25 for as many years as he's willing to sign.

I think even up to closer to 5 wouldn’t be an issue either. But he definitely seems like someone worth going long term ASAP with. Like I wouldn’t have and issue going up to 4.75 or so.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Hayes might be what we have to do, here. I don’t like his past ineptitude in the payoffs, but it seems we’ll have a bunch of other pieces that can step up when it counts and he can be more of a guy that just does his job. This slots Soderberg down a notch which automatically strengthens everything. All we would need is a winger of some sort. Maybe draft Dach and then Hayes can be 3 center in a couple of years....or Dach could even play on his wing till he gets comfortable.

Edit: didn’t realize I was plagiarizing RIAL here. I looked back a few pages and realize he said pretty much the same thing.

Makes a lot of sense to go that route, though

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Getting G on a Josi contract would be fantastic. We need those kind of deals if we're to ever have a real shot at the cup.

Getting him to willfully sign that is the issue though lol

Reactions: lonelybadger

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
GMs always gotta strike a balance between prudence and ambition. I think he'll be very active this summer, looking at all options. There is organizational depth available to swing a trade or two if need be, and plenty of cap space even with guys like Rantanen left to sign. Thing is, I don't want him to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal, which sure as well was the case in 2014 when they failed to secure a number of free agents and just threw money at an aged Jarome Iginla.

CGF's concern that Joe might be a little too risk-averse is perfectly understandable, but we'll see what happens this offseason. Unfortunately the lottery gods decided not to make that pick someone who could help out right away, so they'll have to find secondary scoring by other means. I don't think that guy is out there via FA, it'll probably have to be a trade.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
GMs always gotta strike a balance between prudence and ambition. I think he'll be very active this summer, looking at all options. There is organizational depth available to swing a trade or two if need be, and plenty of cap space even with guys like Rantanen left to sign. Thing is, I don't want him to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal, which sure as well was the case in 2014 when they failed to secure a number of free agents and just threw money at an aged Jarome Iginla.

CGF's concern that Joe might be a little too risk-averse is perfectly understandable, but we'll see what happens this offseason. Unfortunately the lottery gods decided not to make that pick someone who could help out right away, so they'll have to find secondary scoring by other means. I don't think that guy is out there via FA, it'll probably have to be a trade.

I'm not so sure that wasn't fortunate if Joe would've felt content with internal growth + Hughes/Kakko as our only reinforcements had we gotten a top 2 pick. This way he has to know that something must be done in FA or the trade market.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hi, anyone have a solid update on timmins? And what plan is going forward?

Really isn't too much to say...he was participating in practices with the club but they opted to shut him down the for the season. Obviously the hope is that he'll recover this summer and be at training camp and go to the AHL for hopefully the full year barring any setbacks, as was supposed to be the plan this past year. I imagine the organization will be quite patient -- they really seemed to like him. His value is obviously near zero and he's fallen into the "project" category due to his health, so zero purpose in moving him and really nothing that can be done except be patient and hope he heals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad