Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVII|Crosby+MacK = Tim's Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I would like to reiterate the impending US invasion from Tim Horton's. They have already made a foray into the US territories, but with extremely high likelihood (like 99.9%) of the Avs acquiring Crosby for power forward extraordinaire Gabriel "Gork" Bourque the full scale assault will begin.

Continue your praise for Tim's here.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
By the way, if he ever became available...

Yes? No? Maybe so?

tenor.gif

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I saw an article that was deleted that said Saigeon was the last prospect left for an ELC. Did more players sign that I was not aware of? Anyone know what's the word on Ranta, Smirnov, Morrison, and Henry? I live in Florida so I don't get the local news and didn't see anything online

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I saw an article that was deleted that said Saigeon was the last prospect left for an ELC. Did more players sign that I was not aware of? Anyone know what's the word on Ranta, Smirnov, Morrison, and Henry? I live in Florida so I don't get the local news and didn't see anything online

Already signed and playing with the Eagles.

Rest have been no updates but I doubt we offer Smirnov a deal.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I always tell my friends that we will see Mack and Crosby playing for the Avs when Crosby on the last 2 years of his contract.

Maybe get Marchand to come and make it the cole harbour boys.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
By the way, if he ever became available...

Yes? No? Maybe so?

tenor.gif

Would love to have Malkin, but don’t think they’ll trade him. Also 32 with some injury concerns makes me hesitant in light of what we’d have to give up (which would probably start with Sens pick).

With that said, I’m curious what the ask would be for Kessel and/or Hornqvist. Would definitely trade our first and B-level prospect(s) for Kessel. Hornqvist’s price would be dependant on (if and) how much salary Pens would retain.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Saigeon playing for the Eagles seems inevitable at this point. I am assuming Ranta and Weiss will return for at least one more season of college. Still have no idea what Morrison will do, I'm guessing he's headed back for one more season with ND and then will hit the FA market.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Floored at how many cool things capfriendly has added. For instance did you know that combined, Poile, Murray, Holland and Wilson have spent $4.6B? General Managers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps or that Marian Gaborik could have earned as much as $90M in his career? Career Earnings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

All that being said, I find it quite comforting that 3 of the bottom 5 cap teams in the league are doing damage in the playoffs. Maybe we don't need to go big into free agency but rather just focus on internal development and retaining guys.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Floored at how many cool things capfriendly has added. For instance did you know that combined, Poile, Murray, Holland and Wilson have spent $4.6B? General Managers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps or that Marian Gaborik could have earned as much as $90M in his career? Career Earnings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

All that being said, I find it quite comforting that 3 of the bottom 5 cap teams in the league are doing damage in the playoffs. Maybe we don't need to go big into free agency but rather just focus on internal development and retaining guys.
Lou Lamoriello is the oldest GM in NHL history and Bob Murray has made more trades in 10 years than Poile in 21 years.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lou Lamoriello is the oldest GM in NHL history and Bob Murray has made more trades in 10 years than Poile in 21 years.

Good lord, older than John Muckler!? Dude was ancient when he was running the Sens. And I read his birth records were destroyed in a fire, so we don't know for absolutely certain how old he is.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Ranta - At least one more year of college, still developing.

Weiss - Same.

Smirnov - Maybe he gets a contract, maybe not. It depends how the Avs see him.

Morrison - I believe it's confirmed that he's going back for a senior season. Makes me a bit nervous but since he isn't NHL ready yet, I guess he wants to develop more.

Henry - As before, already signed.

As for Saigeon, I'm a little surprised he hasn't signed yet, surely after the season he had the Avs want him on the Eagles.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Good lord, older than John Muckler!? Dude was ancient when he was running the Sens. And I read his birth records were destroyed in a fire, so we don't know for absolutely certain how old he is.

Not just any fire.

The Great Chicago Fire of 1871, to be exact.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wonder how realistic it is for the Avs to target Tyler Johnson this offseason. He'd pretty much be perfect IMO, he's fast, defensively sound, and can slot at either center or wing. He's obviously not a big guy at all, but IMO for a smaller forward he's hard to knock off the puck. He's not terrible at faceoffs either. Have him start at 2C and then if the Avs get a top-flight C prospect in this draft, move him to wing when the kid is ready.

Don't know what it would cost though. Maybe if they can engineer a deal and also take on Callahan's contract it won't cost as much, but I'm guessing even then they'll want a 1st rounder and either a roster player who doesn't suck or potential impact prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad