Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVI|Kerfoot or Corefoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is Larkin this week’s Trochek, two weeks ago’s Zibby, etc. for you? :D

It’s not happening, dude. Wings value him highly, probably more than his actual trade value. He’s going to be their future captain.

He's just a name that a wings fan friend suggested they'd be wise to sell soon because they still need a long rebuild. Need not be him specifically that we dangle a package built around that pick for.

PS Zibby, is totes gunna get traded before his NTC kicks in...even if he isn't on the same level as Larkin / Trochek / Dubois / etc.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I wish Sakic gave a 2019 3rd instead of the 2020 3rd for Brassard, because of the offersheet possibilities...which won't happen but still.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Me three. I'd love JTM, Bolts will need to move out cap space this offseason too.

Miller-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Hayes-Kakko/Hughes
Jost-Soda-JTC
Calvert-xxx-Wilson

Looks solid to me. I'd be open to bringing back Willy in a bottom 6 role, I know he's really disliked by some but I like him. Big body who seems to surprisingly come up during clutch moments.

Our 1st for Miller makes some sense. And yeah Willy is a good 3rd/4th liner for sure. Good for 10/15 goals and ~30 points. Bring him back at a paycut and I’d be all over him in our bottom 6.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Trade the second, move up and select Knight with the Avs' first pick.

Knight could be drafted anywhere from 12-16. Depending on need, I believe the teams ahead of the AVs pick: MIN, AZ and FL would be the most interested.

Reactions: Meeqs

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah lol I just cant' see Sakic being the GM to bring the offersheet back even if he had the picks.

Sakic could have made the Offer for Stone to improve the team and strengthen the Sens pick. Doubtful this changed to consider an offer.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Sakic could have made the Offer for Stone to improve the team and strengthen the Sens pick. Doubtful this changed to consider an offer.

It would've been amazing if Sakic had just decided to be an ass and send that OS. Rantanen-MacKinnon and Landeskog-Stone would be amazing player pairings. Landeskog-Hughes-Stone? Yes please.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Exactly. Kerfoot feels like another Parenteau to me. He could perform well with a poor team but I don't see fit with a GOOD team.
We aren't a good team you are correct. We are a bloody amazing team. Parenteau is exactly who I thought of about Kerfy, and he scores 67 odd points for the Islanders. I could see him doing that here.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Marner with Jack Hughes would be criminal.

I'd absolutely trade Barrie for Marner. In a heartbeat. Especially when we have Makar ready to take over for Barrie.

Barrie and Avs 1st for Marner
Sign Brett Connolly

Kerfoot- Mack- Rantanen
Landeskog- Hughes- Marner
Compher- Soderberg- Connolly
Nieto- Jost- Calvert

Makar- EJ
Girard- Cole
Zadorov- Graves

That's about as good as it gets.

There's so many free agents. Why give up a huge asset like Barrie? Why not have a double offensive combo in Makar and Barrie?

Remember, EJ will be 32 odd.

Speaking of which, happy birthday me :D 5.47am and I cantc sleep here in Australia, because I'm so excited by this team of ours!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really hate this "Kerfoot is nothing more than filler for bad teams" narrative. Guys like Russell, Malone, and Caiggula fit that bill. But whatever, I think people have taken the deep dive off the ledge when it comes to proper evaluation of what #13 brings to the table. And it's not like I'm immune--I've done everything but slag Colin Wilson's family at this point, he's been proving me wrong for a little while now. I still don't think they should retain him, but there's no arguing he's been good when it's mattered most down the stretch.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I really hate this "Kerfoot is nothing more than filler for bad teams" narrative. Guys like Russell, Malone, and Caiggula fit that bill. But whatever, I think people have taken the deep dive off the ledge when it comes to proper evaluation of what #13 brings to the table. And it's not like I'm immune--I've done everything but slag Colin Wilson's family at this point, he's been proving me wrong for a little while now. I still don't think they should retain him, but there's no arguing he's been good when it's mattered most down the stretch.

With Colin, if the price is right, we should. He adds grittiness and battle. Wish he didn't get injured as much, because whenever he gets into stride, an injury seems to set him back.

At his best, he's a difference maker. He's also a winner.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
With Colin, if the price is right, we should. He adds grittiness and battle. Wish he didn't get injured as much, because whenever he gets into stride, an injury seems to set him back.

At his best, he's a difference maker. He's also a winner.

Yeah, unfortunately that's kinda/sorta been my argument. People have been saying "If he comes back for a really modest amount then yeah," but I don't think he will. I misspoke/mis-posted when I thought he wouldn't take a paycut no matter where he goes, what I should have said is that I don't think any paycut he takes on the open market will be all that substantial. He's still a versatile forward with size and scoring touch who is still only around 30 next season, he'll get paid by someone. My argument against any sort of real long-term investment in Captain Spinorama is the injury history. Dude simply can't stay healthy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That's true, he has been very good for us down this stretch. But do you really want him in our top 6 as contenders? or would you rather have Kakko/Hughes? or guys like Ferland, Hayes, Miller, etc etc?

He's Sam Gagner esque. A fine player but not one that a true contender has as one of their go to offensive options.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
That's true, he has been very good for us down this stretch. But do you really want him in our top 6 as contenders? or would you rather have Kakko/Hughes? or guys like Ferland, Hayes, Miller, etc etc?

He's Sam Gagner esque. A fine player but not one that a true contender has as one of their go to offensive options.

Yeah Kerfoot is fine for where this team is now, and as long as he wants to sign for something that does not net a negative when the team is hopefully complete enough to not need him in the top 6 I am fine with it.

I just want Cale Morris to sign!!

Reactions: Foppberg

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I just don't understand why we're in this all-or-nothing sort of thinking when it comes to Alexander Kerfoot. Just because I think he's a valuable, versatile, and severely undervalued forward doesn't mean I think he should get a spot in the top six. I think he's fine in the bottom six and could jump onto one of the top lines in the event of injury, which he's done.

Yes, I like those players. I like Kerfoot too. Is it really insane to think they could get one of those guys AND keep Kerf in the lineup? I just...don't get it.

Reactions: avsfan09

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You can't watch both players and say, "well I'd rather have this Kerfoot guy on my team going forward". I don't believe you.

Fine. Don't. But don't throw nonsense terms like "compete level" at me. Those are the kinds of things that get thrown around whenever the Edmonton Oilers have front office meetings.

Again...I don't understand why Kerfoot must leave if this team is to be successful. It's like you guys have already labeled him as a cap casualty on a team that has tons of cap room to spare. I'll worry about any potential *gaaaasssssspppp* Spooner-type contract later. We have NO idea what his camp is seeking. Right now, he's contributing (and yes, so is Wilson, good for him). But yeah, if you're asking which guy I don't mind seeing go, and which guy I'd like for them to retain on a short-term deal, there's no question in my mind. Wilson has a lengthy injury history and is older, and I don't think he'll settle for as little money as people think.

Also you're implying that Wilson cares a lot more than Kerfoot, and that's just plain bullshit.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fine. Don't. But don't throw nonsense terms like "compete level" at me. Those are the kinds of things that get thrown around whenever the Edmonton Oilers have front office meetings.

Again...I don't understand why Kerfoot must leave if this team is to be successful. It's like you guys have already labeled him as a cap casualty on a team that has tons of cap room to spare. I'll worry about any potential *gaaaasssssspppp* Spooner-type contract later. We have NO idea what his camp is seeking. Right now, he's contributing (and yes, so is Wilson, good for him). But yeah, if you're asking which guy I don't mind seeing go, and which guy I'd like for them to retain on a short-term deal, there's no question in my mind. Wilson has a lengthy injury history and is older, and I don't think he'll settle for as little money as people think.

Also you're implying that Wilson cares a lot more than Kerfoot, and that's just plain bull****.

I honestly don't care how much Kerfoot makes on his next contract. I don't want him back even if he makes 1M a year.

Yes he just had a couple of important points and I'm happy about that but I won't get fooled into thinking he's important for the future of that team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just don't understand why we're in this all-or-nothing sort of thinking when it comes to Alexander Kerfoot. Just because I think he's a valuable, versatile, and severely undervalued forward doesn't mean I think he should get a spot in the top six. I think he's fine in the bottom six and could jump onto one of the top lines in the event of injury, which he's done.

Yes, I like those players. I like Kerfoot too. Is it really insane to think they could get one of those guys AND keep Kerf in the lineup? I just...don't get it.

But Kerfoot doesn’t fill a bottom 6 role. Or at least not here. We need some high energy guys that can forecheck the hell out of the other team. Kerfoot doesn’t fit that role at all and never will be able to fill it. Our team just isn’t set up for kerfoot to play in a bottom 6 role. I don’t think he’s the worst player in the world, but it just makes so much sense to upgrade him in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad