Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVI|Kerfoot or Corefoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Word on Joel Quenneville is he wants to go somewhere where you can see a path to victory.

From 31 thoughts. If we get a top 2 pick and Panarin, we definitely fill that criteria.

Reactions: avsfan09

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I can't see us firing Bednar though, especially if we make the playoffs.

And from how things ended between us last time.
Who knows maybe Quenneville will be open to a Mike Yeo situation where he awkwardly comes on as an assistant waiting patiently for the current coach to go away. :sarcasm:

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wasnt there that one kid like 3 years ago that Chambers wrote an article about possible helping the Avalanches scoring issues even though he was just going into college? Forgot his name, maybe he is coming soon!!

Seriously, the last Chambers article I read was when he lambasted the Avalanche for buying out Fearless Leader Francois, completely ignoring the expansion draft implications had they retained him, and his obviously sucky play.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Purely hypothetical situation here, I'm not an advocate for trading Barrie at all but for conversations sake...

Tyson Barrie + Colorado 1st(Lets assume it's #16) to Philly for Nolan Patrick + Philly 1st(Lets assume it is #12)

Anybody from our end doing that trade? It's a rare scenario where I could get behind trading Barrie. My injury concerns about Patrick have largely been answered now with his b2b ~75 game seasons. The offense isn't quite figured out from him yet but I would be confident in saying he'll be a very good 2C in the NHL within a year or two from now. I dont like moving Barrie but especially if we were to get to see Makar in some NHL action this year and he looks extremely good... combined with Barrie maybe seeking quite a lot of money on his next deal... I could get behind it.

Especially if the draft lottery doesn't work out in our favor with the #1 pick. Patrick would be our future 2C. We could then draft Byram with Ottawa's pick if it falls to 3/4, or just get Kakko to pair with Patrick if we get the #2 pick while Makar eventually(Within a year or two IMO) replaces Barries offense entirely in the Top 4. While also getting to move up in the draft to the tell end of that big tier from ~5-12 in the draft, and a chance at snagging the faller out of that group. Good chance at getting a Boldy/Zegras/Soderstrom/Caufield/whoever in this group, or perhaps trading the pick for more help next season.

Anyway, pure hypothetical and I doubt we see anything this crazy happen from Joe, just wondering what you guys think of the value on Barrie in such a trade(And I guess Patrick as well).

Reactions: avsfan09

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Purely hypothetical situation here, I'm not an advocate for trading Barrie at all but for conversations sake...

Tyson Barrie + Colorado 1st(Lets assume it's #16) to Philly for Nolan Patrick + Philly 1st(Lets assume it is #12)

Anybody from our end doing that trade? It's a rare scenario where I could get behind trading Barrie. My injury concerns about Patrick have largely been answered now with his b2b ~75 game seasons. The offense isn't quite figured out from him yet but I would be confident in saying he'll be a very good 2C in the NHL within a year or two from now. I dont like moving Barrie but especially if we were to get to see Makar in some NHL action this year and he looks extremely good... combined with Barrie maybe seeking quite a lot of money on his next deal... I could get behind it.

Especially if the draft lottery doesn't work out in our favor with the #1 pick. Patrick would be our future 2C. We could then draft Byram with Ottawa's pick if it falls to 3/4, or just get Kakko to pair with Patrick if we get the #2 pick while Makar eventually(Within a year or two IMO) replaces Barries offense entirely in the Top 4. While also getting to move up in the draft to the tell end of that big tier from ~5-12 in the draft, and a chance at snagging the faller out of that group. Good chance at getting a Boldy/Zegras/Soderstrom/Caufield/whoever in this group, or perhaps trading the pick for more help next season.

Anyway, pure hypothetical and I doubt we see anything this crazy happen from Joe, just wondering what you guys think of the value on Barrie in such a trade(And I guess Patrick as well).
Does Philly even need Barrie? I would think Ghost is probably all they need on the blueline for smurfy offense.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Does Philly even need Barrie? I would think Ghost is probably all they need on the blueline for smurfy offense.

I dunno, Ghost has been very disappointing this year. I think they need someone better than him driving the offense from the back. Adding him to Ghost would give them a great 1-2 punch of puck moving and then you pair Provorov with Barrie and you could have a fantastic pairing.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Do it in a second.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

I never really thought of the realistic time frame for ..how many games do we give Makar before we know what we have (I mean Z played a ton of games for us and we're still like "durr idk") against the impending Barrie contract drama.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Easily. I love NP.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018

Philly says no chance in hell and laughs at you Pierce.

Reactions: milehigh11

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Alllllll day

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Alllllll day
One thing that give's me pause is trading out of Knight range. I really hope the avs are in a spot to really invest in the goalie pipeline. I think Patrick is a great option but between the ott pick and FA options, I think they could go a different route a barrie trade and fill more future roster holes in one off season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->