Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVI|Kerfoot or Corefoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
He just hasn’t adapted his talent to the NHL, needs more seasoning before he can play his game. As for the proposal, I would do it, flyers wouldnt.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Re-sign Kerfoot 3 yrs, 9M
Re-sign Wilson 2 yrs, 4M
Re-sign Brassard 1 yr, 2M
Draft Hughes 1 OA
Sign Ferland 5 years, 25M

Gone:
Varlamov
Nemeth
Andrighetto
Bourque- AHL
Jost- AHL

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Kerfoot
Ferland- Hughes- Rantanen
Compher- Soderberg- Wilson
Nieto- Brassard- Calvert

Makar - EJ
Barrie - Zadorov
Girard - Cole

Grubauer
Francouz

Stanley Cup

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
Re-sign Kerfoot 3 yrs, 9M
Re-sign Wilson 2 yrs, 4M
Re-sign Brassard 1 yr, 2M
Draft Hughes 1 OA
Sign Ferland 5 years, 25M

Gone:
Varlamov
Nemeth
Andrighetto
Bourque- AHL
Jost- AHL

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Kerfoot
Ferland- Hughes- Rantanen
Compher- Soderberg- Wilson
Nieto- Brassard- Calvert

Makar - EJ
Barrie - Zadorov
Girard - Cole

Grubauer
Francouz

Stanley Cup

I would rather let Brassard walk and get another 6th round pick to use on some Russian future star. Jost, Toninato, or Kamenev can fill the 4C spot cheaper.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kerfoot is Bozak light. An ok player to have around when you don't have the best depth but sooner or later you have to move on.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
What makes you say that?

Thinks the game at a good level, but poor foot speed, only above average puck skills, don't see that much high end talent there.

Do like the guy, he works hard, plays physical, and by all accounts is a good dude. Would be a real solid middle six guy, but would be surprised if he becomes a whole lot more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Still doesn't make alot of sense. Marner>>Barrie.

Would Jack Hughes be a second liner because he plays behind Mackinnon?

Also how do I find that post btw?

Search... Hughes, if he ends up here, will end up on the first line when he gets rolling. And centers mean more than wingers. Also, can admit i didn’t see 90 points out of Marner. Saw 70... and I’d take a 60 point defensemen over 70 point winger every single time.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Search... Hughes, if he ends up here, will end up on the first line when he gets rolling. And centers mean more than wingers. Also, can admit i didn’t see 90 points out of Marner. Saw 70... and I’d take a 60 point defensemen over 70 point winger every single time.
I guess. I see your way of thinking. I just disagreed strongly. We needed someone capable of driving a line and Marner is a Panarin type talent with the potential for more. I think our team needs that more than a 60pt defenseman considering our depth on RD.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

"I understand a Klef/Barrie swap more than I do random wing/Barrie swap. Klef is a similar level D with different strengths and on a great contract. No ideal to me, but I get it more than a Marner/Barrie swap for sure."

"Marner is a good player and will be a 60-65 point winger in this league for a while... he's a good player, but he won't be more than a 2nd line winger here (he isn't passing Rants by any stretch and Landy fits way better on the 1st line). I don't see giving a up a 50+ point defensemen for a 2nd line winger as an advantageous swap.

If you look through the history of hockey, teams that build around wingers don't ever take that next step. You need centers, defensemen, and a goalie."

I just seemed like you downplayed Marners potential and overrated Barrie a bit.​

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
"I understand a Klef/Barrie swap more than I do random wing/Barrie swap. Klef is a similar level D with different strengths and on a great contract. No ideal to me, but I get it more than a Marner/Barrie swap for sure."

"Marner is a good player and will be a 60-65 point winger in this league for a while... he's a good player, but he won't be more than a 2nd line winger here (he isn't passing Rants by any stretch and Landy fits way better on the 1st line). I don't see giving a up a 50+ point defensemen for a 2nd line winger as an advantageous swap.

If you look through the history of hockey, teams that build around wingers don't ever take that next step. You need centers, defensemen, and a goalie."

I just seemed like you downplayed Marners potential and overrated Barrie a bit.​

Marner was not the Marner who plays with a 1C in Tavares when these posts were made. He was still going through growing pains and spending time on Babcock's fourth line. Additionally, we don't really know if Marner would be that same kind of play driver here; we do know that Barrie is excellent at driving play from his much more vital position.

Also, I had no idea Nolan Patrick was so highly touted on this board, but at least he's a center. He's not all that great but he's still a center.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Kerfoot deserves MUCH more kudos than he gets here, and I hope for one he's not traded. Might surprise everyone, but I love him. One of my favorites players.

As I said, 2 consecutive 40+ point seasons, with not even two years experience yet. I personally think his ceiling is quite a bit higher. I'm thinking 60-65 points.

Put him with say Panarin and MacKinnon, he scores 65 odd. Leaves a second line of Landeskog - Hughes - Rantanen

Beastly.

Reactions: Brett44

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Marner was not the Marner who plays with a 1C in Tavares when these posts were made. He was still going through growing pains and spending time on Babcock's fourth line. Additionally, we don't really know if Marner would be that same kind of play driver here; we do know that Barrie is excellent at driving play from his much more vital position.

Also, I had no idea Nolan Patrick was so highly touted on this board, but at least he's a center. He's not all that great but he's still a center.

Babcock makes players earn his trust but I would argue that Marner drives that line tbh. Tavares is incredibly smart and Marner is extremely dynamic.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Babcock makes players earn his trust but I would argue that Marner drives that line tbh. Tavares is incredibly smart and Marner is extremely dynamic.

You might be right, but my point is that we couldn't reproduce that environment for Marner on our second line, and putting a ton of stock in a winger to do that work is risky. Patrick is closer to the right idea but I don't think he's good enough even as a center. His injury history isn't encouraging, either. Genuinely surprised to see how highly he's rated around here.

Building a defense that can consistently help drive offense for the entire forward corps is really valuable, and Barrie is a huge part of that. Right now, he's the only surefire, certain part of that.

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
You might be right, but my point is that we couldn't reproduce that environment for Marner on our second line, and putting a ton of stock in a winger to do that work is risky. Patrick is closer to the right idea but I don't think he's good enough even as a center. His injury history isn't encouraging, either. Genuinely surprised to see how highly he's rated around here.

Building a defense that can consistently help drive offense for the entire forward corps is really valuable, and Barrie is a huge part of that. Right now, he's the only surefire, certain part of that.
I'm not saying Barrie isn't important I just think a guy who is dynamic and create offense on the second line is more important. I think our D is underrated for its puck moving. Zadorov when he's on is actually a great passer. Girard probably is on of the most poised and smart puck movers. Add in Makar and hopefully Meloche I think we are comfortable with our d core.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Kerfoot deserves MUCH more kudos than he gets here, and I hope for one he's not traded. Might surprise everyone, but I love him. One of my favorites players.

As I said, 2 consecutive 40+ point seasons, with not even two years experience yet. I personally think his ceiling is quite a bit higher. I'm thinking 60-65 points.

Put him with say Panarin and MacKinnon, he scores 65 odd. Leaves a second line of Landeskog - Hughes - Rantanen

Beastly.
My grand mother can put 60 point with Mack and Panarin. But i agree give, to Kerfoot a bridge deal 2 year 3M and let play with Mackinnon and Rantanen.
Hugues or Kakko with Landeskog and a FA like Hayes .

Kerfoot-Mack-Rantanen
Landeskog-Hayes-Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: