Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXII|6 Days Until Minor AHL Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Could you imagine if the Sens never traded away their 1st round pick for Rundblad and selected Tarasenko themselves....

They don't draft Russians. Its an internal rule they have so they would have picked someone else and he would have fell to us.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Yup. It's incredibly ballsy and at some level I respect it, but if this was the Avs I would want us to be trading off Panarin/Bob instead of going all in. High high risk of this blowing up in their face.

So trading top end players for unknown picks and projects is better that positioning yourself to win?

Not sure I agree with your logic.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Well.. maybe not nothing. But not worth the risk. Winning the cup offsets everything, if they lose in the 2nd or 3rd round.. you still have no championship and have now lost 2 star players for nothing and the pieces you traded for Duchene.

Considering Columbus has yet to win a playoff series I expect many of their fans would be happy to actually reach the second round, & ecstatic with a deep run. The potential offseason fallout would indeed be bittersweet, though.

Whether that’s the best direction for the franchise’s future is debatable (in my opinion it isn’t), but that fan base has waited a looooong time for some level of postseason success, & this appears to be their best shot.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
You dont know who Jensen is do you?

I know him super well, that's still a crazy high price for the guy. I am still shocked at how much he got, but I guess when there is so little options for a position the price goes up and some teams will pay big for what they want.

I expected a 3rd and meh guy but I think it shows the lack of options out there more than anything.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Jensen is actually a real good 4/5 defender... be happy the Caps made that move if you don't like the price.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
At rental prices specifically. Which is usually not franchise changing unless you hit some serious luck with one or two of the pieces.

It's like with us. I don't even have a remote level of regret that the team didn't trade Stastny. I do have some animosity for Stastny stringing along the team and management with public comments about home town discounts though. Not at a extreme level, but enough that it irks me at least.

I don't either, but it was only one guy, not three. Plus we could afford to let Stastny go.

So trading top end players for unknown picks and projects is better that positioning yourself to win?

Not sure I agree with your logic.

Shocking.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Jensen is actually a real good 4/5 defender... be happy the Caps made that move if you don't like the price.

I don't really care either way, its not like any of it affects us. Just surprised, just as I was surprised when Boyle got a 2nd as well.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Considering Columbus has yet to win a playoff series I expect many of their fans would be happy to actually reach the second round, & ecstatic with a deep run. The potential offseason fallout would indeed be bittersweet, though.

Whether that’s the best direction for the franchise’s future is debatable (in my opinion it isn’t), but that fan base has waited a looooong time for some level of postseason success, & this appears to be their best shot.
Yeah I get why they're doing it, I respect it in someways. I guess the disconnect comes from me thinking only a cup win would be worth it versus others thinking a 2nd or 3rd round exit would be a win.

If it was the Avs I'd rather not trade for Duchene and offload Panarin + Bob for 1sts + prospects, further adding to the core of PLD, Jones, Werenski, etc to build towards making a real contender versus praying to God that we do it this one single spring.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I like the Jensen trade, Jensen is underrated and the Capitals are a great team still.

As much as I want Sakic to do something, unless it is Stone and maybe a signed Hayes I kind of don't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jensen is a fine player but I think that's a really good deal for the Wings. Teams are desperate for RHD.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
You realize who you're quoting right?

Anyone that important isn't going to be trolling around on message boards. The purpose for HFB isn't for insider information and I'm not to concerned by posters who happen to know a guy

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Like I said, without a credible source I definitely don't.

That doesn't take into account the frequency that a player is traded, so its much much smaller than that.

The Fourth Period had the Avs as one of the teams interested in Jensen.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Anyone that important isn't going to be trolling around on message boards. The purpose for HFB isn't for insider information and I'm not to concerned by posters who happen to know a guy
Lol.. There are multiple people on our boards that have legit sources, Hench is one of them. But believe what you want

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The Fourth Period had the Avs as one of the teams interested in Jensen.

Don't consider them very credible either tbh.

Like I don't doubt that the Avs would like the player, there's a lot to like. However I don't buy they were about to move assets Sakic himself stated multiple times they aren't for a rental on a non playoff team in a position that isn't a major need.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lol.. There are multiple people on our boards that have legit sources, Hench is one of them. But believe what you want

Legit is vaguely used here and where we disagree. I know plenty of people who have some solid connections and hear fun whispers but they aren't sources

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Jensen is a fine player but I think that's a really good deal for the Wings. Teams are desperate for RHD.

I'm surprised they ended up with a second... I thought it would end up at a 3rd +, but the Wings pulled a 2nd + reclamation... not a bad deal for them. That said like the deal for the Caps too. Very good depth with wheels and versatility. Could be a player they can re-sign fairly cheap and helps their current window.

Reactions: Meeqs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad