Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
Hey so I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think I know a way to guarantee Landy gets in the all star game. On the NHL app after you place your 10 votes you simply press the last man in button in the menu again and it let's you place 10 more votes. If it's nothing more than a glitch, oh well. Buy if it is placing actual votes, I've placed at least a hundred today.
Nono its better he gets the weekend off.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Ferland is available in Carolina I'd love the Avs to get their hands on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is looking to cash in for too much money like how Tom Wilson did, but I started being a big fan when the Flames faced the Canucks in the playoffs and Ferland single-handedly threw the Canucks off their game. Much rather spend an extra 1-1.5 million there than on someone like Calvert.

Reactions: Foppberg

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

I don't remember anymore, were Avs reportedly interested in Hamilton before he was traded to Calgary? Or just fan speculation?

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
If Ferland is available in Carolina I'd love the Avs to get their hands on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is looking to cash in for too much money like how Tom Wilson did, but I started being a big fan when the Flames faced the Canucks in the playoffs and Ferland single-handedly threw the Canucks off their game. Much rather spend an extra 1-1.5 million there than on someone like Calvert.

Calvert and Nemeth for Ferland and a draft pick?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't remember anymore, were Avs reportedly interested in Hamilton before he was traded to Calgary? Or just fan speculation?

I hope not. I don't want him.
He's a good fit in Toronto.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Ferland would be nice. No thanks on Hamilton.

There has to be something more to him than just museums if he's been traded and shopped this much.
Hockey doesn't always treat "individuals" all that kindly. I would guess him not being a huge locker room guy makes it easier for GM's to move on from him as it wont disrupt all that much, and with his name/skillset he still has value.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we're going to use a package of futures to get someone it shouldn't be a RHD.
Why. We could use an actual top pairing quality guy on our top pairing.

I know we need secondary scoring but the fact is we also need a top defenseman. We have 3 1st line forwards. We don’t have a single top pairing defenseman.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why. We could use an actual top pairing quality guy on our top pairing.

I know we need secondary scoring but the fact is we also need a top defenseman. We have 3 1st line forwards. We don’t have a single top pairing defenseman.

Is Hamilton actually a top pair D right now?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think he is.

Ok, so you'd have to think they are looking more for a 1 for 1 type of deal then. That team is looking for a top six forward just like we are. If he has that kind of value he is probably their best chip.

We do not have the appropriate return chip

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ok, so you'd have to think they are looking more for a 1 for 1 type of deal then. That team is looking for a top six forward just like we are. If he has that kind of value he is probably their best chip.

We do not have the appropriate return chip
Carolina want a guy who has the ability to potentially be a top line centre. I don’t think Jost does but a lot of others do. I think if they’re shopping Hamilton they’d definitely listen to a Jost + offer.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Carolina want a guy who has the ability to potentially be a top line centre. I don’t think Jost does but a lot of others do. I think if they’re shopping Hamilton they’d definitely listen to a Jost + offer.

I think that is your hope talking not your brain, and I mean that in the most civil way possible. Just being blunt lol.

The only way a top pairing D gets moved in a package is if they're getting older and closer to an expiring contract coming from a rebuilding team, or if there is other issues. Only one of those could be true here.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Carolina might consider trading him for a top scorer. We don't have that and if we had we wouldn't trade him for Dougie Hamilton.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He isn't a top pairing guy and we are overcrowded on the right side. We need 2nd line C, 2nd line LW, 2nd line RW and top pairing LHD.
Why is a 2nd line more important than a top pair? We have Compher and arguably Soderberg as legit 2nd line players. We don’t have a single top pairing defenseman.

I completely see our need for better high end forward depth, but I don’t understand why so many people are neglecting the fact that we don’t have a top pairing defenseman. They play between 40 and 50 percent of the game and we don’t own one that’s legit.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
We need #1D. LD or RD. To me that's our biggest need after which comes 2C.

That said, Hamilton isn't #1D. He can play top pairing tho.

Erik Karlsson however..

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why is a 2nd line more important than a top pair? We have Compher and arguably Soderberg as legit 2nd line players. We don’t have a single top pairing defenseman.

I completely see our need for better high end forward depth, but I don’t understand why so many people are neglecting the fact that we don’t have a top pairing defenseman. They play between 40 and 50 percent of the game and we don’t own one that’s legit.

For the record, I liked the idea of trading for Pie, so I definitely see the need.

Reactions: Murzu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad