Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Hypothetical trade. If Tkachuk's demands are a bit too rich for Calgary, I've realized that even if the Avs severely overpay Rantanen, they still have a ton of cap space available in the offseason. So, would you do Tkachuk for Ottawa's 1st straight up (If it's not top 3)?

Interesting proposal, but can’t see either team agreeing to such a deal. Sakic moved ROR and Barrie is likely next due to their unreasonable salary demands. He fought Zadorov hard for a few $000s and held firm on the Duchene Cap.

Doubt he trades and pay the requested amount while refuse demands from his own players.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Can we just stop with the Ottawa 1st trade proposals? Its pure fantasy that is not going to happen. Ottawa is 31st in the league, its going to take a massive overpayment to get that pick.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone here have any interest in Micheal Ferland, either via trade or free agency in the summer?

He had his breakout year last year with 41 in 77 games and is on pace for 25+ Goals 45+ points this year. He also plays a pretty physical game and has turned into a bit of a pest in recent years that can produce.

To me he'd be a good 2nd or 3rd line wing option and a great player to plug in on that top PP unit in front of the net. I also dont imagine he would be expensive to get at the deadline. Or if we wait until free agency he shouldn't be too expensive to sign either.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs scout taking in the Sens/Canes game today. We do have a game against Ottawa coming up so it could simply be because of that but January/February #scoutwatch is always fun.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone here have any interest in Micheal Ferland, either via trade or free agency in the summer?

He had his breakout year last year with 41 in 77 games and is on pace for 25+ Goals 45+ points this year. He also plays a pretty physical game and has turned into a bit of a pest in recent years that can produce.

To me he'd be a good 2nd or 3rd line wing option and a great player to plug in on that top PP unit in front of the net. I also dont imagine he would be expensive to get at the deadline. Or if we wait until free agency he shouldn't be too expensive to sign either.
I see Ferland as one of those pure rental types which I don’t think Sakic will chase. He’s not the kind of player you acquire and immiedately start talking extension since he’s more of a small sample size kinda guy.

I think he’s a guy teams like Nashville and Tampa will chase at the deadline and then his playoff success will play a huge part in his next contract once July hits.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Avs scout taking in the Sens/Canes game today. We do have a game against Ottawa coming up so it could simply be because of that but January/February #scoutwatch is always fun.
Canes are looking for scoring just like the Avs so I don't see them as much of a trade partner. Ottawa could be trade option but I think it's probably just scouting the opposition.

Reactions: Meeqs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Canes are looking for scoring just like the Avs so I don't see them as much of a trade partner. Ottawa could be trade option but I think it's probably just scouting the opposition.
Carolina are supposedly open to trading their second highest goal scoring forward and their highest goal scoring defenseman.

I’ve been told by a few people on here what Carolina are specifically trying to do but I think it’s becoming more and kore obvious that their total control owner actually has no idea what he’s trying to do.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Carolina are supposedly open to trading their second highest goal scoring forward and their highest goal scoring defenseman.

I’ve been told by a few people on here what Carolina are specifically trying to do but I think it’s becoming more and kore obvious that their total control owner actually has no idea what he’s trying to do.

I'm not surprised by Carolina trading one of their defensemen, they are stacked. As for Ferland it's like contract issue. Carolina is 28th in league scoring and the owners come out and said he wants for offense, so i'm thinking they'll want NHL level forwards for both. The Avs don't really need RD and I don't really know what the Avs have to offer for Ferland. The only thing I could see is a Kerfoot and Ferland swap, but that's an RFA for a UFA, so you would have to be sure you could sign Ferland first.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm not surprised by Carolina trading one of their defensemen, they are stacked. As for Ferland it's like contract issue. Carolina is 28th in league scoring and the owners come out and said he wants for offense, so i'm thinking they'll want NHL level forwards for both. The Avs don't really need RD and I don't really know what the Avs have to offer for Ferland. The only thing I could see is a Kerfoot and Ferland swap, but that's an RFA for a UFA, so you would have to be sure you could sign Ferland first.
Honestly, I’d do that without even assurances of a renewal from Ferland’s camp. I just don’t think Kerfoot is all thay valuable or that he has a bright future here.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kerfoot outscored Ferland last year as a rookie. He’s outscoring him again this year. He’s two years younger and has RFA control while Ferland is a UFA. Kerfoot also did all this while not playing any top line or top pp units while Ferland played with Gaudreau for most of those games since the start of last year along with top pp minutes on both Carolina and Calgary.

Can somebody explain in what way that trade would be a good one for us? I’m the furthest thing from a Kerfoot fanboy but that sounds like a pretty dumb trade.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Kerfoot outscored Ferland last year as a rookie. He’s outscoring him again this year. He’s two years younger and has RFA control while Ferland is a UFA. Kerfoot also did all this while not playing any top line or top pp units while Ferland played with Gaudreau for most of those games since the start of last year along with top pp minutes on both Carolina and Calgary.

Can somebody explain in what way that trade would be a good one for us? I’m the furthest thing from a Kerfoot fanboy but that sounds like a pretty dumb trade.
Kerfoot is more of what we already have, Ferland is something we are missing, Kerfoot could be pricey to extend same as Ferland, Ferland brings something even when he is not appearing on the scoresheet, Kerfoot not really, Ferland proved he can be a difference maker in the playoffs etc.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Kerfoot is more of what we already have, Ferland is something we are missing, Kerfoot could be pricey to extend same as Ferland, Ferland brings something even when he is not appearing on the scoresheet, Kerfoot not really, Ferland proved he can be a difference maker in the playoffs etc.

They play different styles. Completely different players. Ferland would be a fantastic addition to play on a wing with Kerfoot. He would do the dirty work in the corners and infront of the net. He would be our Landeskog lite.

Ferland - Kerfoot - Compher

I like that line.

Reactions: SoundwaveIsCharisma
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
They play different styles. Completely different players. Ferland would be a fantastic addition to play on a wing with Kerfoot. He would do the dirty work in the corners and infront of the net. He would be our Landeskog lite.

Ferland - Kerfoot - Compher

I like that line.

I was about to post the same thing. Ferland also has a nasty shot, it’s not the most accurate but it is heavy and quick.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I really like Ferland. I just think he's the type of player you acquire to play with Kerfoot. Different stylistically no doubt, but I don't think he's as good as Kerfoot. When you factor in age and contract I definitely don't believe it's a good trade.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Shouldn't take a Kerfoot to get Ferland if the Canes move him. He's a pending UFA, and I don't think he'll fetch a 1st from anyone (though god knows GMs have done stupid things). Especially not in a year with potentially both Duchene and Stone available at the deadline, with other guys like Hayes as well. Guessing a 2nd rounder+maybe a C level piece would be the price for Ferland, or a decent prospect.

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Shouldn't take a Kerfoot to get Ferland if the Canes move him. He's a pending UFA, and I don't think he'll fetch a 1st from anyone (though god knows GMs have done stupid things). Especially not in a year with potentially both Duchene and Stone available at the deadline, with other guys like Hayes as well. Guessing a 2nd rounder+maybe a C level piece would be the price for Ferland, or a decent prospect.

Their GM hasn't been that great with trades either. Although unless the Avs are in a serious playoff position (which I'd offer a 3rd + prospect, the Avs will have a lot of options) I don't see them going after rentals. However they are very much likely scouting the multiple upcoming UFA's to see if there is a fit and how much they feel they'd be worth.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I was about to post the same thing. Ferland also has a nasty shot, it’s not the most accurate but it is heavy and quick.

Regardless of lines which I think people overrate he is a great middle 6 player that brings a lot of snarl and grit. Great player, great fit, but the question is how much he will want on his next UFA deal if he is worth it or not.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Is Kerfoot really something we already have? I'd put him as the best secondary scoring forward outside of the top line which the Avs need desperately right now. Their record when the top line gets a point vs when they don't is staggering. Now I'm not saying he wont be replaceable in the long term but atm I don't think the Avs can afford to move him, and especially for a rental makes very little sense.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

That's my thoughts as well.

I wonder could the Avs get away with offering the Ottawa 3rd + A slightly better prospect instead of giving up our 2nd to make it happen.

Could be a creative cheap way to get a quality Top 9 forward here. Something like Ottawa 3rd + Lewis. Then look to sign Ferland for 3-4 years at ~3.5M. Solid cheap middle 6 option that plays the game the way we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad