Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What does Tampa’s cap situation look like? Assuming with Point coming up they’re not looking good. That’s where EK wants to be but they probably can’t pull it off.

Edit: just had a look. They could actually make it work. One of Killorn/Callahan will probably have to be moved, if not both. It can happen though.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Pretty sure Hench said it didn't look like EK wanted to stay there.

I think he's still worth the price though San Jose looks good and could make a run.

I mean things can change. He's looking like Karlsson of old lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he reups there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Tampa Bay could make it work. Stevie Y isn't there anymore, and colour me surprised if Point takes the same sort of deal Kucherov took when he signed for three years.

They have Point, Paquette, Erne, Martel, and Koekkekk as RFA's, while Stralman, Coburn, and Girardi are UFA's.

The following season they have Vasilevskiy, Sergachev, Cirelli, Joseph, and Cernak as RFA's.

If they do end up signing EK, I think they're going to have a very strange looking defence.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What does Tampa’s cap situation look like? Assuming with Point coming up they’re not looking good. That’s where EK wants to be but they probably can’t pull it off.

Edit: just had a look. They could actually make it work. One of Killorn/Callahan will probably have to be moved, if not both. It can happen though.

Point will sign cheaper than people expect, but will still be high...

I'd say Tampa is the odds on favorite to land Karlsson. It will take some maneuvering, but it can be done.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think Karlsson has that many elite years left in him. He has shown non-eliteness for good chunks of the last 2 seasons. He'd be a good fit for a team deep into their window (like Tampa).

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Coming of a circus in Ottawa, tragedy and from missing half his ankle. Now he has 27 or 28 in 23 games. He is the best D in the league and will stay that or close to it in the next 5 years at worst.

PS

If I’m Joe, he’s the first guy I contact come FA and tell him to name the price if he’s willing to come. Imagine him playing with Mack and Mikko, we might see a 100 point D again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
After returning from injury... and after getting traded and put into a different role. Even with that... still 3rd in PPG and just barely behind #2. Karlsson is a very near generational player if he isn't one. Those level of players you should throw out the rule book on aging and primes. Karlsson will be elite or very near elite into his mid 30s.

Reactions: Foppberg

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Coming of a circus in Ottawa, tragedy and from missing half his ankle. Now he has 27 or 28 in 23 games. He is the best D in the league and will stay that or close to it in the next 5 years at worst.

PS

If I’m Joe, he’s the first guy I contact come FA and tell him to name the price if he’s willing to come. Imagine him playing with Mack and Mikko, we might see a 100 point D again.
How's his character though. Things coming out of Ottawa didn't sound good. San Jose has a strong veteran room that can handle someone like that, we don't.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How's his character though. Things coming out of Ottawa didn't sound good. San Jose has a strong veteran room that can handle someone like that, we don't.

Has there ever been any questions about EK’s character? He wanted to stay in Ottawa but was forced out.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm no insider but everything I've heard and read is that he's an awesome guy, never heard a whisper of EK character issues. Not his fault the Sens owner is a sociopath.

And what player in the league doesn't have an ego? That's what makes the great, great.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If EK can be signed you do it and never look back. Then move Barrie immediately for scoring help. Add a top 5 pick from Ottawa. Add Kaut and Makar and things are starting to take form.

Landy-Mack-Rants
Some combo of JTC, Kerfoot (if he's signed), Jost (if he's not moved and gets it together), Ott 1st, Kaut and possible help from a Barrie trade in this scenario and all of sudden the scoring depth looks pretty good.
Calvert-Soderberg-Nieto
Greer-Kam-Oconner or whatever looks good here...

Zads - EK
Girard - EJ
Makar - Cole
Graves

Grubauer and Frank

Goaltending could be interesting but that looks like a super lethal lineup. A PP of Mack - Rants - Landy - EK - JTC would be just unreal.

Reactions: BKarchitect

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If EK can be signed you do it and never look back. Then move Barrie immediately for scoring help. Add a top 5 pick from Ottawa. Add Kaut and Makar and things are starting to take form.

Landy-Mack-Rants
Some combo of JTC, Kerfoot (if he's signed), Jost (if he's not moved and gets it together), Ott 1st, Kaut and possible help from a Barrie trade in this scenario and all of sudden the scoring depth looks pretty good.
Calvert-Soderberg-Nieto
Greer-Kam-Oconner or whatever looks good here...

Zads - EK
Girard - EJ
Makar - Cole
Graves

Grubauer and Frank

Goaltending could be interesting but that looks like a super lethal lineup. A PP of Mack - Rants - Landy - EK - JTC would be just unreal.
In this scenario you should just load up. Put Landy in front of the net and Karlsson and Makar up top and MacK and Rantanen on the boards.

Reactions: JLo217

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, forget about EK. In my opinion, he will look for a team that is solidified as a clear contender and probably in a more desirable market. Could see an extension with the Sharks or TBL make space for him.

Anyways, I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to get concerned with the goaltending. Grubauer hasn't emerged as the guy to take the reigns without contention. Frankie hasn't had a good look yet, but not sure how many of us expect him to Hasek it at this point of his career. We know what we have with Varly and he's not the long-term solution either.

I mean, we come up with these hypothetical lineups, just throwing one out here...

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - JH/KK - Stone/Silfverberg
Jost - Soderberg - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - Calvert

Zadorov - Barrie
Girard - Johnson
Cole - Makar

...it looks great. It has everything. Then we need to list our goaltenders and it's like, uhhh....

Elastic Groin
Don't f*** Me
2018's Vitali Kolesnik

...yeah, I lose confidence.

Anybody else?

Reactions: hooverdam

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That tweet is utterly valueless. It's a 1 minute video providing zero evidence. Give me a break. It certainly does not back up your assertion that he "acted like a dictator".
The going from a dictatorship to a democracy is a direct quote from a player and was reported many times.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The going from a dictatorship to a democracy is a direct quote from a player and was reported many times.

A disgruntled player on a failing roster anonymously saying something =/= a fact. Odds on it was Borkowski, who is pretty obviously a shill for the organization. Or just someone with a grudge to pick, and anonymously getting their dig in via a local source for the team. That now supposedly democratic locker-room isn't doing too well, and we all remember the Duchene and company video openly mocking their coaching staff. I really don't care what beat writers and local coverage says in a situation like this. Boston has pulled the same charade off multiple times with their local writers and departing players.

Has Bob McKenzie, Pierre Lebrun, or Elliot Friedman said anything to back this up? You'd think this would be a big story -- but unsurprisingly, I don't think they have. That video and its presentation remind me of buzzfeed.

Reactions: Foppberg and JLo217
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad