Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wonder if they'll trade Coyle too. Nino and Coyle were 2 big time underperforming players for them this year. They won't trade him here but I'd like Coyle.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Varly wasn't the reason we lost yesterday but he still finished with a SP .867. And this was one of his better games in the past 2 month. Anders ****ing Nilsson on the other hand had a .938.

You can blame Bednar all you want but goaltending and (for me at least) Special Teams are the main reasons we are losing most of the time.

What about the D infront of Varly specifically Barrie and Barberio?

That to me is a much bigger issue that Varlamov.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Varly wasn't the reason we lost yesterday but he still finished with a SP .867. And this was one of his better games in the past 2 month. Anders ****ing Nilsson on the other hand had a .938.

You can blame Bednar all you want but goaltending and (for me at least) Special Teams are the main reasons we are losing most of the time.

What about the D infront of Varly specifically Barrie and Barberio?

That to me is a much bigger issue that Varlamov.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jost for Puljujarvi looks like a pointless trade at this point unless you just want to swap disappointing and struggling high picks. Puljujarvi's physical tools are certainly more appealing compared to Jost but I don't see where it gets the Avs right now. Some people might feel this way about Jost too but Puljujarvi might have some issues that can't be fixed with some more development. Like the whole playing hard and knowing what to do on ice part of hockey. Puljujarvi's size is also irrelevant when even Jost plays a stronger game than he does.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've been a pretty big believer in Jost and still haven't given up but hopefully he stays with the Eagles for a bit. There's currently no role on the Avs that helps his development or the team so let him actually play meaningful minutes. Don't just call him up after five games or something.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
An issue there is who is going to trade for Varly? Are they going to pay anything of significance? What if they trade Varly and Grubs gets hurt? Then you're rolling a Frank/Spence tandem... There are issues with trading Varly all around. If I was GM I'd send a clear message to Varly and Grubs, call up Frank and let him start a couple games in a row. Even if he falters it sends a message.

Trade varly & gru for a 2nd each. Use our 2020 1st & OTT's 3rd to get someone like Quick. Roll with Quick / Frank while keeping our 2019 1st for Knight.

Problem solved, problem staying solved...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Trade varly & gru for a 2nd each. Use our 2020 1st & OTT's 3rd to get someone like Quick. Roll with Quick / Frank while keeping our 2019 1st for Knight.

Problem solved, problem staying solved...
You think LA will want to wait a season and a half plus development time before seeing a return on Quick? No way they do this.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Hopefully this can help him. Hope it isn't for like 5 games or something useless like that.

Hot new trade on the horizon?

JK i wish, i am just antsy for some Avs action.

Reactions: lonelybadger

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've been a pretty big believer in Jost and still haven't given up but hopefully he stays with the Eagles for a bit. There's currently no role on the Avs that helps his development or the team so let him actually play meaningful minutes. Don't just call him up after five games or something.
Keep him there for the rest of the season IMO. Play him on a line with Kaut, too. Whether at wing or centre, don't care. But play those two together the rest of this season.

Reactions: agentblack and cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad