Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I guess I'm one of the last who hasn't given up on Jost yet, but I just see another kid whose body still needs work, whose confidence is shaken, and who probably needs to be the robin on his line to someone else's Batman...so that that linemate's gravity can help create space for Jost to do his thing in, like he once did with the attention that Boeser drew to himself...for him to produce.

Finishing his body & whatever more progress his stride can make...a question I leave to folks who know a lot more about the technical aspects of skating than do I...can only be solved in the offseason. And given who our GM is, the same is probably true of us adding someone who can anchor a scoring line. But Tyson can regain his confidence in the AHL, and finishing the season on a tear down there would go a long ways towards setting him up for the kind of offseason he needs to have this year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think confidence can make you faster or stronger.

I think this is the right move for Jost. Not because I think it will add anything to his game, but because he’s an AHL caliber player so that’s where he should play. I’m just kinda pissed Dries isn’t going with him. That guy is terrible.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t think confidence can make you faster or stronger.

I think this is the right move for Jost. Not because I think it will add anything to his game, but because he’s an AHL caliber player so that’s where he should play. I’m just kinda pissed Dries isn’t going with him. That guy is terrible.

True. That can only be achieved over the offseason, but his confidence was also a problem...and it can be addressed in season if this goes well for him.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Jost being sent down is probably good for his development. Sadly this will also mark the return of Bourque to the team. Goodbye PK percentage again.:(

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Jost needs the AHL time, he sucks at the NHL level. Don't call him up this season no matter what, we have seen enough for now.
I don’t disagree, but I’d be surprised if the org’s only reason for sending him down was to correct their original mistake. They don’t seem to own up to their errors without an ulterior motive.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I haven't given up on Jost yet but the AHL is where he should be, he has been given every opportunity to succeed at the NHL level and hasn't been able to prove anything .

He's still young enough he could be an NHL player but at this point if he is the prospect that gets a trade done sign me up.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I guess I'm one of the last who hasn't given up on Jost yet, but I just see another kid whose body still needs work, whose confidence is shaken, and who probably needs to be the robin on his line to someone else's Batman...so that that linemate's gravity can help create space for Jost to do his thing in, like he once did with the attention that Boeser drew to himself...for him to produce.

Finishing his body & whatever more progress his stride can make...a question I leave to folks who know a lot more about the technical aspects of skating than do I...can only be solved in the offseason. And given who our GM is, the same is probably true of us adding someone who can anchor a scoring line. But Tyson can regain his confidence in the AHL, and finishing the season on a tear down there would go a long ways towards setting him up for the kind of offseason he needs to have this year.

I'm with you, FWIW. We've been agreeing a lot lately. ;)

I think one of the ways in which being patient has cost us this season is that, when Jost failed, there was no one he could play with that could pick him up again. Jost's problems are his own and he needs to work on them, but for most of the year there's been no one to shelter him. A good center who's used to driving his own line could've gotten more out of Jost, but we have no one on this team who can do that besides Soderberg and the top line.

I said it before but we need a secondary forward good enough to make developing players look better while they're figuring things out. Colin Wilson, Matt Nieto, Matt Calvert and Sven Andrighetto are not those players.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Rask is the better player, but Niederreiter plays a better NHL style of game.
What does that even mean? Rask would be better in a game of shinny?

Nino has always been, and still is better than rask in almost every statistical and visual aspect of the game of hockey. Perhaps Rask would be better in another league or country or something but this is based on how they perform in the NHL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What does that even mean? Rask would be better in a game of shinny?

Nino has always been, and still is better than rask in almost every statistical and visual aspect of the game of hockey. Perhaps Rask would be better in another league or country or something but this is based on how they perform in the NHL.
Rask is the better offencive player, better PPer, and can put up more points, but you win with players like Nino. It's kind of like how Kerfoot is amazing at getting points, but I consider him useless if this was the Stanley Cup series.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Rask is the better offencive player, better PPer, and can put up more points, but you win with players like Nino. It's kind of like how Kerfoot is amazing at getting points, but I consider him useless if this was the Stanley Cup series.
Rask has 6 points, had 31 last year and has never in his career reached 50. I don’t think he is amazing at getting points in any way.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't believe Rask can put up more points. I think Rask can be a great 3C, and I think Nino can be a great 2LW.

Though I do prefer Rask personally, I can see why others prefer Nino.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Rask has 6 points, had 31 last year and has never in his career reached 50. I don’t think he is amazing at getting points in any way.

45 and 48 are nothing to scoff at either. Nino's best two seasons are 57 and 43. 57 looks like a career year while he hovers in the 30s and 40s beyond that. Rask just fell out of favor this year and needs a change of scenery.

Reactions: S E P H

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I always liked Nino. His production fell off a bit which made his contract a little worrying. Hope he works out for the Canes.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
6 points in 26 games, 4 million for the next 3 years. Would not take Rask for free. Terrible season for him, no guarantees that he bounces back. His advanced stats are laughable.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
6 points in 26 games, 4 million for the next 3 years. Would not take Rask for free. Terrible season for him, no guarantees that he bounces back. His advanced stats are laughable.

This year's stats are bad... previous years are not bad. Not great either, but he's not a top end player either. Brind'amour decided he didn't want Rask early and Rask has been in the dog house all season... best to judge him on his previous seasons compared to this one.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Muzzin is supposedly being shopped for a first and a prospect, another year left at 4 mil and imo would be an amazing add for this team. Question is would it be worth using our first on that or targeting a forward of similar appeal, which may be smarter due to where our d prospects are trending. On the other other hand d-pairs of:

Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Johnson
Girard-Muzzin

Look pretty solid to me

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Graves, too? Why? Good and hopefully not too late for Jost, though.

Heck yes, very happy to hear Jost has been sent down. Kid needs to build confidence and get the top minutes he needs. I feel like we've done some damage to his potential, hopefully he can rebound to a top 6 forward.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Muzzin is supposedly being shopped for a first and a prospect, another year left at 4 mil and imo would be an amazing add for this team. Question is would it be worth using our first on that or targeting a forward of similar appeal, which may be smarter due to where our d prospects are trending. On the other other hand d-pairs of:

Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Johnson
Girard-Muzzin

Look pretty solid to me

Gotta factor Makar In for next season. So someone would have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad