Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVI| Why No Trades!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I'm not saying that it wont be very difficult for them ( a situation the Avs should REALLY be paying attention to as they are headed there as well) but that out of ALL of the options Kadri is the one that makes about the least amount of sense as he has possibly THE most cost efficient deal. He is a 2c, playing as their 3c BUT he is getting paid LESS than the average 3c. They'd never move him.

The Avs will be headed there when MacKinnon is up for a new contract. That is 4 years away. We have 30 million in cap room this offseason. With minimal bad contracts

Reactions: Patagonia

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The Avs will be headed there when MacKinnon is up for a new contract. That is 4 years away. We have 30 million in cap room this offseason. With minimal bad contracts

Where in the world do you come up with “$30 million in cap room?”

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I was surprised that $30m+ number was correct. However, the Avs have many RFA's to deal with: Rantanen, Compher, Kerfoot, Zadorov, Andrighetto, and Kamenev. The only UFA of significance is Varly.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I was surprised that $30m+ number was correct. However, the Avs have many RFA's to deal with: Rantanen, Compher, Kerfoot, Zadorov, Andrighetto, and Kamenev. The only UFA of significance is Varly.
The only one that'll be costly outta that list is Rantanen. & Varly if they choose to re-sign him.

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
Well let's see :

- it's not goaltending
- it's probably not a d-man
- it can't be a bottom-6 forward - we have so many already (unless we're flipping Colin Wilson for Riley Sheahan or something like that)

Does it rhyme with Jill Messel?

I could see the pengooins being interested in a guy like Kerfoot...that's one team that would probably make it work like a charm.
Don’t do this to me. I want Kessel so bad.

Reactions: Murzu

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Eh, JTC won't be getting more than 3m/year, Z probably around 3m, maybe high 2s. & I could see Kerfoot getting paid in the 4M range but not by us.
Compher's scoring at a .6ppg pace while playing second line minutes. I don't expect his minutes or production to drop. He's arbitration eligible. I think he break $3m easily. Probably ends up around $3.5m. Zadorov's arbitration eligible too. Ceci is of similar age and experience, although be plays more minutes but even he got a 1 year deal at $4.3m. I think Zadorov also break $3m even on a short term deal. Kerfoot I agree with you, although I'm not so sure he'll be traded.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Compher's scoring at a .6ppg pace while playing second line minutes. I don't expect his minutes or production to drop. He's arbitration eligible. I think he break $3m easily. Probably ends up around $3.5m. Zadorov's arbitration eligible too. Ceci is of similar age and experience, although be plays more minutes but even he got a 1 year deal at $4.3m. I think Zadorov also break $3m even on a short term deal. Kerfoot I agree with you, although I'm not so sure he'll be traded.
No way does he get that much. Maybe 3M on a longer term deal if he kills it the rest of the season. Depending on contract length and the way he ends the season I could see anywhere between mid 2s to low 4s for Z.

Shoot high and say Rantanen for 10M, & JTC/Z for a combined 7M. That's still 13M left.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Together the 3 of them will be making more than Rantanen. It all adds up.

I mean Zads will be making 3.5 at the most. Compher doesn’t likely go over 3/3.5 and in my scenario Kerfoot isn’t here. So in that scenario they wouldn’t be making more than Rantanen combined.

Reactions: milehigh11

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I wouldn’t be surprised if Colorado is looking at long time heart throb Derick Brassard.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Kessel and Brassard make the most sense. I really hope it's not Maatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad