Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I know it's not what the question was, but the goals in my Avs watching career that were the biggest for me are...

- Watching this game.. I had a horrible feeling we were going to be down 2-0 with Smith playing the way he was, how we seemed to do everything right but couldn't get a damn goal. The puck was so so close to going in a few seconds prior to this, and then when MacK scores? Don't think I've yelled so loud. Outside of getting pounded up the ass that is.

Avalanche head back to playoffs after win over Blues - Sportsnet.ca

- This whole game in general was so God damn stressful, but this opening goal was another level. Going into the game I was kinda pessimistic, just used to being an Avs fan ya know? Disappointment go hand in hand.

- I can still hear this play by play in my dreams.

Last edited:
Reactions: arun and McMetal

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Just found this on Youtube. 14 year old me was going crazy when the Kariya and Selanne news came out. The hype was so crazy going into that season and then it went up even further after that first game. Then the combination of injuries and Granato led to it being one of the most disappointing seasons for any of the teams I root for across sports.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

Just found this on Youtube. 14 year old me was going crazy when the Kariya and Selanne news came out. The hype was so crazy going into that season and then it went up even further after that first game. Then the combination of injuries and Granato led to it being one of the most disappointing seasons for any of the teams I root for across sports.

Eased the offseason sting of Roy hanging ‘em up, slightly. Certainly didn’t come close to working out the way they drew it up on paper.

Mildly surprised there hasn’t been a documentary on the ‘01 team & Bourque’s Cup.

Reactions: Avs_19

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I've got an off-season question. Does anyone know why MacKinnon never went back to his #22 once the great Matt Hunwick left the team?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Brand continuity?

I kind of thought jersey sales and whatnot, but he didn't totally break out until 22 was long available so he wasn't exactly a household name at that point. Eichel didn't seem to have a problem changing and he's in that category of franchise player. These are the hard hitting questions that kids should be asking during those intermission promos, damn it.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I kind of thought jersey sales and whatnot, but he didn't totally break out until 22 was long available so he wasn't exactly a household name at that point. Eichel didn't seem to have a problem changing and he's in that category of franchise player. These are the hard hitting questions that kids should be asking during those intermission promos, damn it.

Yeah, I thought he made reference to this as one of the reasons he stuck with 29.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Probably just hasn’t even thought about it
I'm certain he has thought about it, but I also believe he's said before that he thought it was kinda unique and stuck with it or whatever.

In other words "Hey Nate, do you wanna switch your number back?" "Ehh, this one's fine."
Yeah, I thought he made reference to this as one of the reasons he stuck with 29.
Yeah, this is also a pretty common thought.

But team sports pro athletes will absolutely think about their number at least a couple of times in their careers, because they'll have to be asked about it in a number of situations. No pun intended.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This was a farce tbh. Hunwick should have been fired into the sun the minute MacKinnon's name was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad