Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
There was talk earlier about whether the season could come back. I'll be quite candid, I don't give a flying f*** about this season at this point. Not because there's enough on my plate right now or something, but because the season is already ruined.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I haven't been following the NHL rumors, so I don't know what they're considering, but I'm more hopeful they'll finish this season, then start the next one anywhere near on time.

They could potentially finish out the season by doing an altered version of the playoffs, perhaps with less games, to ensure they don't play a season without awarding the Cup. That's very important to the league.

The start of next season though will coincide with flu season which starts in the fall, and peaks around Dec-Feb. They won't know for sure how bad next winters wave of COVID-19 will be, until they start to get data on it, and the season will start before they get that.

My guess is they finish out this season by going straight to the playoffs in the summer. Then they'll start another abbreviated season in Feb-June after they see how the virus is spreading again. Perhaps just another straight playoff elimination if they have to wait too long.

Reactions: drhiii

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I haven't been following the NHL rumors, so I don't know what they're considering, but I'm more hopeful they'll finish this season, then start the next one anywhere near on time.

They could potentially finish out the season by doing an altered version of the playoffs, perhaps with less games, to ensure they don't play a season without awarding the Cup. That's very important to the league.

The start of next season though will coincide with flu season which starts in the fall, and peaks around Dec-Feb. They won't know for sure how bad next winters wave of COVID-19 will be, until they start to get data on it, and the season will start before they get that.

My guess is they finish out this season by going straight to the playoffs in the summer. Then they'll start another abbreviated season in Feb-June after they see how the virus is spreading again. Perhaps just another straight playoff elimination if they have to wait too long.
Just fold now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just fold now.

If it becomes safe to gather in public over the summer because the daily infections have gone way down, then I don't see why they shouldn't just do the playoffs to award a Cup winner.

Especially since my guess is that next season will be delayed by quite a bit either way.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If it becomes safe to gather in public over the summer because the daily infections have gone way down, then I don't see why they shouldn't just do the playoffs to award a Cup winner.

Especially since my guess is that next season will be delayed by quite a bit either way.
Oh I meant for good.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Yeah I figured I’d sign up since my place of work is shut down. I luckily get paid next week while we don’t work, but after that I’m not too sure what’s up with my job. So I figured get some extra cash flow and keep me from dying of having nothing to do.
I can’t really do the three things I normally do, and I have Uberred for three years, so it seemed to make sense. I went out the other day and tried Postmates but didn’t really like it too much. We’ll see how it goes I guess.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Watched the Avs Cup final win over the Devils tonight with my Dad.

One thing that stood out. Ray Bourque. How the hell did that guy play so well at 40-years old?

And Joe Sakic not only gives the cup straight to Bourque, he also hands it directly to Blake. What a class act.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
So I pop onto nhl tv to scope out some recent vids. Saw a very few like Top 10 plays of… Leafs, Habs, Sabres, Sens, a couple season snapshots… no Avs. But, Top 10 Redwing Plays of the season? I didn’t know they had 10 top plays. Ok ok, I happen to like the Redwings, when they are not playing the Avs. But seriously?? Detroit top 10, but no Avs. Bloody hell. Avs could put up 10 top 10 plays imnsho.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Now the state of Colorado and much of the world is on lockdown, do any of you chaps and chapettes have any creative hobbies you're getting more time to indulge in? For me personally, I produce music in my spare time when I can get my 3 kids to STFU and leave me alone. Any other musicians here? Video producers? Woodworkers? Artists? How are you passing your time?
Video Producer here... 1 kid as well.

To WFH I brought home a company car that I’ve been filming. Also picking up side editing gigs. I’ll also spend time letting the kiddo play with the camera stuff and figure out how it works

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Been catching up on posts re: possibly able to pick up and play some games, then into some kind of post Cup playoffs.

Since its all screwed up anyway, mebbe not play for the Stanley Cup. How's about a playoffs that didn't culminate in the Stanley Cup series since things will be so skewed, but a different trophy for this year only???

And no.. a supremely poor taste but going for the temporary cheap laughs name for a trophy... The Corona Cup.. And NO, in bad taste.

But I dunno, The Homage to Hockey Fans Cup? The Summer Cup? The... "use imagination" Cup. Just spit ballin' here.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Also.. been catching up but haven't seen a fuller explanation on... the site migrated to a new server? And having growing pains? I feel for the site owners and admins, having done this many times. The teething process to sort out the bugaboos, a very unfun thing. Especially on a live site. These site migrations never go the way one plans and I don't care how confident the techies pitch how great it will be, when....

Anyone have a better explanation on what happened in this migration? Like, why migrate? And why now?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
What are you guys watching? Netflix has been getting one hell of a workout since we lost sports. I just went through both seasons of Kingdom in just over two days. It's a great show and I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's in Korean so you'll have to read. Finished the latest season of Narcos Mexico just prior to that and that's another really good one.

I need something else now. People are all over this Tiger King show but it just looks dumb so I think I'll pass.
I just finished episode 2 of Tiger King and I'm kdlsfjdsalkghjdslafdfasf

Not sure if I wanna binge watch this and not go to bed or just go to bed now and rest/prepare my mind for episode 3.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Been catching up on posts re: possibly able to pick up and play some games, then into some kind of post Cup playoffs.

Since its all screwed up anyway, mebbe not play for the Stanley Cup. How's about a playoffs that didn't culminate in the Stanley Cup series since things will be so skewed, but a different trophy for this year only???

And no.. a supremely poor taste but going for the temporary cheap laughs name for a trophy... The Corona Cup.. And NO, in bad taste.

But I dunno, The Homage to Hockey Fans Cup? The Summer Cup? The... "use imagination" Cup. Just spit ballin' here.
I doubt hockey players will be enthused about getting to lift "The Bettman Cup". The Cup has too much tradition behind it, they maybe could do that with the Lombardi Trophy, but not the Stanley Cup.

Also.. been catching up but haven't seen a fuller explanation on... the site migrated to a new server? And having growing pains? I feel for the site owners and admins, having done this many times. The teething process to sort out the bugaboos, a very unfun thing. Especially on a live site. These site migrations never go the way one plans and I don't care how confident the techies pitch how great it will be, when....

Anyone have a better explanation on what happened in this migration? Like, why migrate? And why now?

I imagine they did it now because there is a lot less activity on the site now. Probably less than even in the summer. No time like the present, when hockey is completely shut down and the draft is still 3 months away.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada

Not sure if I wanna binge watch this and not go to bed or just go to bed now and rest/prepare my mind for episode 3.
Check out altered carbon

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada

Check out altered carbon

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I watched all of it and I've gotta say, the story is intriguing but it's not nearly as good as the hype it's been getting. I finished it just for the sake of finishing it, not because they kept me hooked.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I watched all of it and I've gotta say, the story is intriguing but it's not nearly as good as the hype it's been getting. I finished it just for the sake of finishing it, not because they kept me hooked.
You're not wrong, I finished the last 5 episodes this morning and it kinda dragged on.

All I know is Carole Baskin is guilty

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Would like to cheer you up with two new love songs from Sweden.

Orbit Culture "Rebirth"

Orbit Culture "The Shadowing"

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad