Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Samsies.

I also loved the Avs win in Vancouver.

I went from complete rage when Calvert got injured and the Canucks scored two goals late to tie it, to pure jubilation when MacKinnon won it in OT.

Yeah that was a good one, especially given that Nate's pure rage could not be held in check by the Canucks.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I liked the game in Boston because they went into a tough building (I don't think Boston had a regulation loss at home yet) and beat a great team with defense.

I also enjoyed the Buffalo beatdown, even though that's not much of a team.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I liked the game in Boston because they went into a tough building (I don't think Boston had a regulation loss at home yet) and beat a great team with defense.

I also enjoyed the Buffalo beatdown, even though that's not much of a team.

The weirdest thing is that for some reason, that particular building isn't tough for the Avs. Makes no sense but I'm certainly not complaining. Still a good win.

My vote for least favorite game was the one against the Rangers at MSG. Without a doubt their worst effort of the season, though I believe that's the game where Ryan Lindgren got absolutely destroyed by Nazem Kadri in a fight after laying a cheap shot on Joonas Donskoi.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That or the 9-4 Nashville game for me.

Ohhhhhhh I forgot about that one.

Much as I defend Matt Duchene on here, I couldn't help but smile at the fact that the whole team got PISSED after seeing him score a goal and celebrate, and promptly murdered his entire team.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
So the Avs are starting to stream NHL 20 game simulations on Twitch with Moser, McNabb and Roach all calling the action. I know I'm starving for hockey, but it's...kind of awesome

I just saw a highlights video of it. That was more fun to watch than it should have been.

Reactions: The Merchant

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Wait that was actually Moser and McNabb calling a god damn video game? I thought that was just recorded voices from the game?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Ok... so now that there are whispers of a NHL return here’s my healthy lines.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Nichushkin - Kadri - Burakovsky

Namestnikov - Compher - Donskoi

Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

Graves - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Cole - Zadorov

Grubauer
Francouz

I thought about putting Rantanen with Kadri, but I think continuity is going to be huge when/if the season resumes. You want to have as much chemistry as possible if there are limited games before playoffs.

You could slide LOC, or Jost in for Nieto, but that 4th line played pretty well this year. Grubauer would start in net for me, because of his success in the playoffs last year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder what EJ is doing to stay active right now. It’s unfortunate how much his play declines as the season goes on each year. If he’s taking advantage of this downtime to work on his movements with some light works outs and band workouts it would be incredible. That’s one guy who can benefit deeply from this. Remember he looked like an AHL depth defenseman in the playoffs last year.
Best game to watch was Avs/Tampa when Nate sent Kuch on a breakaway to win it. That was crazy good hockey.

My favorite was the first road game of the season against Washington. Avs were undefeated but played some weak teams (and Boston) at home. Everyone was raving over them and I was kind of reluctant to go overboard. Figured this would be their first tough test and they might get beat by a “real” team on the road to bring them back to earth. Instead they walked into their barn and absolutely shit kicked them. I believe they scored 4 goals in the first 10 minutes. That’s the game I realized this team was for real. Z had that big goal. Naz had his coming out party. Mackinnon, Mikko and Makar played like Mackinnon, Mikko and Makar. It was awesome.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Graves just did an IG live with Kevin Weeks. He said once things get going it will be the first time this season they’re fully healthy. Even Wilson will be ready to go.

Also found it funny than Weeks said he has noticed a bunch of times of players going into the corner against Zadorov and skating away instead :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Graves just did an IG live with Kevin Weeks. He said once things get going it will be the first time this season they’re fully healthy. Even Wilson will be ready to go.

Also found it funny than Weeks said he has noticed a bunch of times of players going into the corner against Zadorov and skating away instead :laugh:
tenor.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

If that's true and Wilson can still play despite being dead for 12 months thhat would be crazy good depth for the playoffs.

(Jost/O'Connor/Wilson/Kamenev)

Graves - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Cole - Zadorov

(Barberio/Timmins/Byram)

Grubauer
Francouz

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If that's true and Wilson can still play despite being dead for 12 months thhat would be crazy good depth for the playoffs.

(Jost/O'Connor/Wilson/Kamenev)

Graves - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Cole - Zadorov

(Barberio/Timmins/Byram)

Grubauer
Francouz

The team will be really well suited to handle injuries to their bottom six forward group.

It’s going to be interesting to see who’s on the outside looking in for the playoffs. I think it’s between Jost and North for that 4th line right wing spot.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
NBA is reopening team practice facilities for players in states and municipalities that are loosening stay-at-home restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic beginning on Friday.

Nothing crazy but another step realistically towards hockey coming back soon.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
NBA is reopening team practice facilities for players in states and municipalities that are loosening stay-at-home restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic beginning on Friday.

Nothing crazy but another step realistically towards hockey coming back soon.
Players have already spilled that they’re being told they will be able to begin informal skates in the next month or so.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I had no idea of the completely disregard for how good Sammy Girard is at hockey on these boards. Seeing some posts on the main boards. Fans have no idea he’s Colorado’s #1D. Probably overshadowed by Makar and fans don’t realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad